>2022
>not owning your own home

whats your excuse?

Attached: bho-thumb.jpg (768x768, 213.15K)

I am 56 and bought my house in 1998. Amazingly.. the mortgage was 7.8% at that time. Ofc over time I refinances.. but I laugh when kids seethe over 5% mortgage rate.

no money

I do own it. Bought in 2018 when prices were reasonable.

i'd rather live in a trailer/camper than pay high taxes just to live in a house

(((>2022>not selling yourself out to us)))
/thread

I'm set to inherit my parents house, All I'm going to need to worry about is property taxes. Downside is this little neighborhood is turing into a barrio but the latino's and latina's are pretty nice and don't bother me.

property tax should be abolished or a flat rate

I've never had a job longer than 2 years

HR won't let me. I'm white

are you black?

I’m 19

I work 48 hours a week and I still live with my parents, who are landlords. I will never own a home and I have made my peace with that fact.

how old are you?

Agreed, thankfully I'm single and work full time. It shouldn't be too bad. Shit really hits the fan without a civil war just more of the same. i'll just turn it into two studios and join the land leech group.

Single bros, don't fall for the McMansion or the "luxury" condo meme. Get yourself a small house (not a "Tiny House"), and turn it into your home. Don't worry about what women will think about it, this is your place. If you're interested in having a wife and kids, the money you will save from not overspending on a big fancy house you don't need will set you up for that. And when you are ready to get married and have kids, your place can be the starter home that you sell to move up to the house you want your kids to grow up in.
Don't waste your money on "the best school district" until you have kids of school age. The "best school district" can change quickly, so you don't want to pay a premium for something you don't even get any value out of. Realtor fags will tell you "but houses in good school districts sell for more". Yeah, as long as they remain a top school district. Why risk that changing before you personally need it.
If you have the type of job you can do remote, you can quickly own a home outright if you get out of the city.
>But there are no barcades and I want to be like the people on The CW
People in cities go out far less than tv would make you think. Most people in cities sit at home and watch Netflix. You can do that anywhere. Plus if you have any outdoor hobbies, they're much easier outside of a city. And if you don't, you should. Man wasn't meant to be indoors 24/7.

Attached: man cave.jpg (1226x1542, 461.8K)

I live in a dying country.

your nation ruined the world

Attached: bonglogic.jpg (800x2048, 594.08K)

>owning a immovable asset BEFORE society collapses in the gayest way possible to ensure maximum damage to stationary people.

That happened to my college roommate. After college, he moved back home. Lived there with his parents, expecting to inherit the house when they die. His dad died a few years ago but his mom is still around. It's good that he's there to keep her company and watch out for her but that neighborhood is going to shit. It was all white when we were kids and now the nearby high school is 99% black. He's going to inherit a house that's nearly worthless. Hopefully they don't get killed by the inhabitants of the area before then.

My mother sold our family home for the most money she could gouge, that my father built by hand, so she could "get her payout" instead of selling it to me.

>I laugh when kids seethe over 5% mortgage rate

The boomer brought his house at 200k with a 7.8% mortgage and laugh when the next generation has to buy the same house for 800k at 5%.

Never change, old man.

>when the next generation has to buy the same house for 800k at 5%.
hahah kind of true.. I admit it is kind of funny.. but it will resolve in time

moor

Attached: SpainEnclaves.jpg (800x706, 101.03K)

my plan was to put money in the s&P500 and buy a house.
now I'm not sure if the US stockmarket is a safe bet.

likely the market still has another 3-6 months before it finds a bottom... but.. catching that bottom is damn near impossible. For example.. it could be bottoming now. Waiting for the bottom is always a disaster

Bro put your entire down payment into Dogecoin bro, it is safe bro.