Based Buddhism holy shit

Western Hippie Boomer Buddhism
>You will own nothing, and you will be happy
>Buddha does not want you to kill and just take it
>Don't judge a woman even if she had 3 abortions, Buddha wouldn't approve it.

Eastern Buddhism
>"I will make your journey to Samsara as painful as possible"
>"Slap me once I can take it, Twice I can forgive it, But thrice..... Even Buddha will not stay patient and will incur his wrath"
>Though Buddha is peaceful, Asura is not
>"Shall we speed up the cycle of reincarnation?"

Wtf? I read Buddhism from the perspective of Western Men and it came as cucky, nihilistic, and feminine. Then I read Buddhism on the perspectives of the Chinks then what I got was both the peaceful Buddha and that he is capable of wielding the wrath of Asura.

This shit is based, why didn't my boomer parents told me about these based buddhism?

Attached: images (3).jpg (671x457, 28.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/mn/mn.021x.than.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's your own fault for thinking a western buddhism exists

Japanese Buddhism is similar. Just because you're seeking a higher form of thinking or a higher plane of existence doesn't mean you have to let people walk all over you. Likewise, it's not only permissible to take a life in order to save two more, it's a moral obligation to do so, so that others don't have to carry that burden.

>burns down your mountain
Pssssh nothingu personel, Hiei-zan

t. Demon Lord of the sixth heaven

>Western buddhism exists
It certainly does. Have you heard the 60s boomers parroting Buddhist chants as if they truly understand it?

Not only Japanese, all traditional Buddhism is that way, including tibetan, theravadan (practiced in the subcontinent and sri lanka), etc.
Western "buddhism" is just cherrypicked hippy new age watered down crap with only a passing resemblance to real buddhism.

FPBP

Check out articles about sohei and marathon monks from Japan. They were, or are, wild as hell forming huge factions able to field their own armies.

>Western "buddhism" is just cherrypicked hippy new age watered down crap with only a passing resemblance to real buddhism.
You can just say "influenced by christcuckery" and be done with it.

For some reason Westerners have an obsession with being "loved" by a hippie fag on a cloud. It didn't used to be this way, though.

I never liked buddhism much because its escapism. It only seeks to avoid suffering and to live in a way to avoid it which means avoiding conflict at all costs generally. Zen Buddhism is quite based though and Taoism is very cool

Attached: Tao Trinity.jpg (534x1200, 105.79K)

>Dude life is suffering lmao just give up all of your dreams and desires lol
Buddhism is a cuck philosophy.

Some Tibetan buddhism lineages literally call the practice of buddhism "the Way of the Warrior", because one must first conquer oneself.
True.

Western "Buddhists" are mostly Jews who use their teachers as cut-rate psychiatrists. No Western form of Buddhism is authentic.

Attached: 20201128_192943.jpg (720x822, 109.93K)

Can you give some examples, leads? I'm not trying to test your knowledge, but it's a very interesting philosophy.

Zen is based, you're right - but Buddhism as a whole is not escapism unless you mean "attempting to escape from the cycle of reincarnation and endless suffering" which could hardly be considered 'escapism' in the context you are implying.

It's not about avoiding suffering, either. It's about strengthening the world by doing good and respecting everything in our existence with humility. Suffering is an unavoidable quality of life, part of Buddhist teachings is learning to accept that and be at peace with it so you can get on with your business with the short time we have in this life.

Attached: 1533738631933.jpg (531x514, 44.63K)

seems like you havent learned at all

Yes, Chogyam Trungpa of the Kagyu school (the largest of the 4 traditional schools in Tibet) wrote a book called Shambhala: the Path of the Warrior

I should add that the Shambhala path was an attempt by Trungpa to adapt traditional Kagyu concepts into a secular vision for introduction to Westerners, but the concepts he speaks on are rooted in traditional tibetan and Kagyu practice

Well I mean escapism as conflict avoidance, and to avoid suffering by following the 8 fold path which I think generally will be a path that does avoid conflict, avoids suffering, seeks to maximize life enjoyment, I think can be a good path for individual spiritual evolution but its not good for cultures/civilizations. I also disagree with fundamental aspects of it as I think willingly taking on suffering/hardship is a core tenet of personal development but also civilizational development.

The main way budhists avoid suffering is not to desire anything with the end goal is that you have so little desire for anything, including life, you no longer care about living or dying, or family or building/achieving anything

Overall it seems like a philosophy that will produce cultures unable to compete with many other cultures

Bon po and it’s offshoots are pretty based

>burns Honnoji temple with you within
DIE DEMON!

no
accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/mn/mn.021x.than.html

If you really want to learn about Mahayana Buddhism, the Gelug school's biggest teaching places are in Bhutan or India.

Begtse chen lcam sring om mani padme hum

Attached: Begtse0.1.jpg (755x1070, 462.7K)