I'm a zoomer and a bit too young to remember the invasion of Iraq

But why was the killing of these two journalists such a big deal?
It's pretty clear that the man around them had AKs and one was carrying an RPG, and they were in the direct vicinity of US troops.
Was the airstrike in violation of the rules of engagement at that stage in the war, or why did it cause such an outcry?
To me it just doesn't seem like a good idea for journalists to run around in a group of men that are carrying anti-tank weapons.

Attached: 88532404.jpg (320x320, 18.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HfvFpT-iypw?t=517
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They were US spies

it wasn't a big deal.

it was a big deal because of the literal troon leaked classified information and mainstream media publicized it heavily.

this stupid ass clip of some random goat herder getting btfo by an apache (and then later run over by a humvee not giving a fuck) is the reason why assange is going to spend life in prison.

They attacked the ambulances that came after too. That's against the Geneva convention. Which makes that specific instence a war crime. Up to that it can be argued bad things and mistakes happen.

from what I remember, there was no confirmation before lighting em up

>But why was the killing of these two journalists such a big deal?
The media hyped the journos dying so everyone would ignore later in the video where they kill a guy driving by with his kids who tries to help the dying journalists. They killed the taxi driver and his kids, then when Army medics tried to save the kids the commanders told them to let them die.

youtu.be/HfvFpT-iypw?t=517

Attached: file.png (1791x997, 528.91K)

>SHOUDLN'T HAVE BROUGHT THEIR KIDS TO THE BATTLE AMIRIGHT
>DAS RIGHT!

I Remember watching this when i kid :D It was leaked from wikileaks or something

Yeah, it's a weird story. The more you learn about it the more fucked up it was. The whole area was full of protests, and the helis fired on other groups. If you find the footage shot by those journos, most of the crowds fired on didn't have visible weapons, and Iraqis were allowed to own rifles at the time, so you can't trust shit the army says. They lied and said they didn't know how the kids got hurt, then this came out and there's no way they DIDN'T know they shot the kids.

Attached: file.png (594x818, 111.01K)

Doesn't matter zoom zoom. This is the most interesting time to be alive by far.

>It's pretty clear that the man around them had AKs and one was carrying an RPG,

The guy with the AK was their security and what you say is an RPG was a Camera. It was a big deal because everyone knows that Journalists, in war time are actually CIA/Spys so they accidently killed their own.

you mean how (((they)) are forging a narrative against russia but America literally did the same and even worse shit for decades? It is only interesting if you are a zoomer, for the rest of us it is pretty boring

The big deal was 9/11 and the shoe bomber. I don't remember this at all. Was not a big deal

Attached: Trudeau and the fellas.jpg (529x342, 62.1K)

politics in the 90s and 2000s was a meme for bored people

It was based
Don't let the millennials who are faggots tell you otherwise
It brought an entire generation together to collectively hate pedo worshipping goat fuckers
>t. 33 years old

Hey Chang

>the man around them had AKs
There is literally nothing wrong with having firearms.
>and one was carrying an RPG
That was a camera.

The big deal with the audio which showed the soldiers whooping and yahooing killing people from a mile away.

It’s coward bullshit that Americans were fed up with at that point.

The real answer is the afghan and Iraq war logs, which proved we were allowing and participating in boy rape parties and disappearing innocent people, were the real atrocity. The number of civilian casualties was severely underestimated on the public facing side, and the war logs showed the real number.

Attached: ACCAC300-16CA-423E-9C2D-EB2D0BB5399E.gif (208x375, 1.88M)

Assange is a pathological liar and a sociopath. He groomed a mentally confused and autistic soldier to betray his country. He taught him what sensitive information to look for and to cover his digital tracks. His trial cannot come soon enough.

Kill yourself.