Climate Change

Why does everyone here say climate change is fake? There's plenty of before/after photos of melted ice caps, & an increase in extreme weather events. Isn't it kind of obvious it's happening?

Attached: climate_change.jpg (1280x720, 689.12K)

CLIMATE CHANGE=WEATHER CONTROL
>CLIMATE CHANGE=WEATHER CONTROL

Trolls and retards deny it. The rest simply doesn't care.

Show me before and after photos of ancient Roman docks sunk below the rising sea levels, or maybe the hundreds of Greek islands that haven't changed their borders at all.

>dynamical systems
>sensitive dependence on initial conditions
>edward lorenz
since you don’t know anything about the above, you don’t get an opinion.

Climate change is happening without doubt. The question is what is causing it.

It's because this place is full of contrarian edgelords, paid trolls and common or garden fucktards, user. I'm not sure why you're even asking.

the models omit a lot of input from the sun, and plug that gap by overinflating the warming coefficient for co2 and other "greenhouse" gasses. GIGO, there is no catastrophe.

Well thank fuck you're here to point out this basic error which has thus far escaped the attention of the entire combined brainpower of the world's scientific community.

>CME
omitted
>proton stream up
omitted
TSI is not "total" as the word actually implies. It is just a shit tier bastard average that does not capture cloud cover or all the outlier events from the sun.

>which has thus far escaped the attention of the entire combined brainpower of the world's scientific community.
when a man's job relies on him being ignorant of something, that man will be ignorant. reminder that grant writers must write their grants so as to tickle the fancy of the bureaucrat approving the grant, this is how "climate science" became anti scientific and the laughing stock of all scientific disciplines.

Those pictures could have been taken anywhere.

Attached: 1637355179934.jpg (772x248, 37.2K)

climate change is real
it changes all the time
we have historical data that proves it
the question is humanities contribution and for me more importantly
will it really make much difference reducing carbon output
definately not in the short term

So, things they forgot to factor in, according to you:

> Sun
> Clouds

Seems reasonable.

Also, "proton stream up"? What is this, fucking Ghostbusters?

Attached: stichtag-ghostbusters-100__v-gseagaleriexl.jpg (1600x900, 186.51K)

For me personally. I just don't care. I return bottles because I get 10c each and I piss in my yard because I enjoy the cool breeze on my dick. I don't drive anywhere because gas is expensive. I'm not sure what they want me to do? Go without electricity, now flush my toilet? Not bathe? Sell my truck. Not happening

yes, faggot, there is a constant stream of protons from the sun, sometimes its up, sometimes its down. if you understood a fucking thing about the sun, you'd laugh at the concept of co2 driving the climate, too.

Ah yes, the old "They're all making it up for grant money". A classic of the genre.

Whereas fossil fuel companies, playing for stakes literally billions of times higher, are the ones telling the truth.

Gotcha.

Climate change has always been with us, with the Little Ice Age and the Medieval Warm Period refuting the dishonest "hockey stick" analysis (which is one among many reasons not to trust climate scientists, or anyone who sails with them).

The anthropogenic angle is what's fake.

As to are the apocalyptic predictions. Civilization has thrived through variations in the climate for the past 2000 years and more.

And if we are undergoing climate change, there is nothing human beings can do to stop it.

*too, dammit.

that bear can swim for 10 km. Its a fucking bear you fag. And the ice came from fyords not poles.

Polar bears can swim hundreds of miles.

Check this out, bud. Polar ice samples indicate OUR earth had more CO2 in its atmosphere 125,000 years ago, long before the combustion engine was ever invented. Was it a volcano, or does it even matter because our planet has been in-and-out of ice ages many times over and the Earth has been frozen for more time than we have been able to grow crops. The fear mongering is about the state looking for a reason to control YOU!

Attached: vostok_ice_core.png (1066x622, 56.37K)

(Current atmospheric CO2 concentration is 418ppm, so a third higher than your high point here. Do you fuckers not even try any more?)