TAKE THE CYBERNETIC REDPILL

Aren't you sick of big tech social media platforms? Sick of the cancer that infects every nook and cranny of the clearnet? Well, I'm here to tell you about something only the real oldfags and a few hackers know about, and it is a potential solution to all our problems on the clearnet. This solution to the problems of censorship, coercion, oppression, no fun allowed, etc is called IRC.

This shit rolled out back in 1988. It is simply text over protocol, and there are multiple networks you can choose to use. You could even easily create your own network with an old desktop computer. The only problem you might have is using the text-based commandline and learning to git gud on the IRC networks. Because we both know that you don't know anything other than windows or maybe apple gui's. Think of it as a challenge. Here is the real reason why we really should start using the undernet.

>BIG TECH AND GOVERNMENT ACTORS WILL NEVER, EVER HAVE ANY POWER OVER IRC.

Thanks for reading my little post. Now tell me why you can't figure out how to download an IRC client and point that bitch at Rizon at least.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-06-22_16_54_10.png (1280x1024, 98.16K)

>Backtrack
Edgy

Damn. This thread dropped halfway down the catalog in less than 2 minutes. I bet I won't even get a single reply. RIP in pieces 4chins.

>Thanks for reading my little post. Now tell me why you can't figure out how to download an IRC client and point that bitch at Rizon at least.

what is Rizon? I've used IRC before years ago.

Tell me more

i used to run servers, i'm down.
this is a good idea so bots and kikes will ignore this thread as it slides.

Sadly it's dead

>an IRC client
What's the "best" one?

OK I'm on Rizon, no fucker is talking.

It's not really backtracking when you choose to use technology that isn't pozzed like everything else is in the current age. We could go down there and make our own hidden and encrypted channels and never have to worry about the glownigger or the guy with the big nose.

>what is Rizon?
Rizon is an IRC network that automatically hides your IP address and is for chantards. You can express the culture of the chans, especially 4chans without worrying about getting flamed, because other networks might not like you if you type 'lel' or other memephrases. I'm thinking mostly of freenode but there are lots of weirdos down there.

how does this solve the ISP problem?

>>an IRC client
>What's the "best" one?

I like hexchat but I don't know if it is available outside of linux or BSD users.

How do you find good irc servers though?

>Sadly it's dead

It's not totally dead but the only really active network is freenode because the guys that develop free and open source technology still use IRC in their collaborations because they are smarter than most people. Freenode is a network dedicated to the development of FOSS technology. Sadly most other networks are silent. But this is why I made this thread. If we start using IRC no one will even notice.

Bumping so anons can educate themselves.

libera.chat is the place to be boys
freenode got bought out by some chink and everyone bailed

Attached: 1648305126581.jpg (800x800, 68.41K)

I wish IRC overtook Discord.
Reminds me of when smaller messageboards and forums died out and giant social media companies took over.

While I actually enjoy IRC none of my friends are interested. Discord will have to do for now.

I think a lack of a good mobile IRC client is what is truly holding it back from gaining any meaningful popularity.

All IRC clients provide a comprehensive list of available networks. The most active network is freenode, but some other active networks are EFnet (be careful if you go there), undernet, OFTC, and RIzon used to be active but it now seems mostly silent. If anyone wants to try IRC out, you can come to #topkek @ Rizon.

>I think a lack of a good mobile IRC client is what is truly holding it back from gaining any meaningful popularity.

It doesn't help that Verizon banhammered IRC networks on their mobile network, those villains. AndroIRC is a decent client for android but you're right, why are there not better clients for mobile platforms. Probably because no one cares about IRC anymore.