The Last Human and Today

So, Kurzgesagt (or however you spell that shit) posted a new video today, with the usual existential dread it entails.

One point that stuck out to me is the whole idea of us being at the “high-point for humanity”; as in, a turning point, a junction. Within the next century or so, we are more likely to kill ourselves off than every other era of humanity.

I think the key thing right now stopping us from reaching the stars is a lack of unity across the world. The west continues to debate the linguistics of pronouns, whilst the east gets more and more medieval. How can we unify whilst the death camp of a state that is North Korea exists, whilst Americans debate about today’s new pronoun?

The USA failed to capitalise on their victory in the Cold War, and the opportunity that the first gulf war presented. Both the USSR and the other Allies failed to advance their interests in the ruins of WW2. As was once said, “we know how to achieve victory, but we do not know how to use it”.

It is therefore my hypothesis that we need a small scale, but absolutely brutal war with the usage of nuclear weapons. Whether it be Crimea, Taiwan or Kashmir, it doesn’t matter; a war that makes WW2 and WW1 combined look like child’s play. We need a conflict so serious and so terrifying that ends as quickly as it starts to put the world in it’s place. An event that shocks the world so much that we are forced to confront the future than wallowing in our past.

Think about it - with the impetus of a war that changes politics forever, as well as technology to truly unite the world, the future could finally be ours, if we just give ourselves a little push. If a billion die, but allow the 80% to survive, thrive and reach the stars under a world government, it would be worth it. We have the tools - technology is far beyond capable at this point; we have the structure - the UN already has the potential for a world government. All we need is one small push.

What do you think?

Attached: 694574B6-74A6-4B47-B39E-6BF1A7363177.jpg (1280x720, 123.73K)

>Kurzgesagt
bill gates funded

>death camp of a state that is North Korea
Stopped reading right there. Why do you fags all think the same?

Attached: kimmy.gif (376x326, 1.11M)

USA winning the cold war was the real disaster.
>last human
lol fat faggot western liberals sure will go extinct but humanity will endure as it has through FAR worse.

Thread glows

this lol
I'd rather live in NK than California

>reddit spacing
>hey guise check out this video my favourite jewtuber uploaded
Get the fuck off

Seethe, Kim.

Preferably kashmir. I hate indians so much

>lack of unity
Correct. As long as the people here keep being gullible retards and listening to those who wish to divide us, we will never succeed as a race.

The world will never be united. It never has. This stupid star trek fantasy of everyone being equal and loving each other in a utopian world where conflict is distant memory needs to die. It ensures those holding it will lose the next war by being conquered by real humans with a will to survive at someone elses expense.

>NOOOO MY LIBERAL SUICIDE-STERILITY CULT IS IN PERIL AS MY CIVILIZATION DECLINES
>yo guys what if we just genocided millions instead that'll make the world like us
Westerners are UNHINGED. UNHINGED. Go ahead you scummy schizo bastard, tell me how my skin colour is not whatever skin colour you like you satanic babylonian stooge

You're not white Pedro, you have to go back.

Memeflag faggot talking like it's some natural process not involving Long Nose Tribe? We were on our way up until Faggot politics and Migrant dick sucking got all our shit fucked up. All because our Jewish friends got scared bout being Shoa'd so they decided Whites couldn't have culture anymore.

We never completed the racial conflict stage of species development.
Whites were close, many times, but we were far too nice.
All the other races are supposed to be killed/die off in order for the species to make its way into Space.
Even Star Trek reflects this in every species except Human.
All Cardassians look the same, Klingons (minus that plague or whatever that retcon was), Vulcans, Romulans etc etc.
There was the black and white half and half face from the OG series and some very specific individuals that had differences purely for plot reasons, but the fact remains that every race but human all looked the same because their sub races all died or were killed.
The series doesn't cover this that I recall, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Don't blame me user, it's fucking inidia shitting up the planet for everyone else.

Overpopulated to the point where they have to be propped up by the rest of the world just so they can keep fucking up.

We put our advancement on hold for shit countries like India and Africa.

We need to just nuke them off the face of the planet so we can get back to actually growing as a species

If you're indian go outside right now, take a big steaming shit on the street, and then kill as many other parasites as you can, then yourself. Youl have done us a true service

Humanity going extinct means nothing. The Universe and beyond is so vast we have no value at all. We could go extinct tomorrow and nothing would care or notice, we might as well have never of evolved to begin with.

It doesn't matter if you have a trillion dollars for five bucks, it makes no difference.

Attached: 1655776502104.webm (720x900, 2.95M)

let me rearticulate your wish for you so that you might understand why it is so evil
>Different peoples construe their societies in different ways
>"The world is relatively peaceful albeit other nations are heavily armed as they fear my imperialistic ambitions"
>"Oh but wait, they are not constructing society the way I think is correct!"
>"This means, in spite of evidence to the contrary, that we are likely to kill ourselves as a species"
>"We need to unite all mankind (under MY way of doing things)"
>"Therefore it sounds reasonable to me that we should declare war all against all kill them all so they learn the benefits of MY way of doing things (which I assume is the natural human way)"
Do you see how what you wish for is just to expand your own fucking imperial way of doing things?

Kurz"everything we tell you is real trust us bros"Gesagt

Attached: 1581094657088.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

#
Twitter liberal detected. Opinion invalidated.

In all seriousness, can you not see how stupid you sound? “Your opinion is wrong, my singular country is right, so imma burn the rainforest and fuck the world because I don’t wanna reach the stars”. It doesn’t matter what area needs to go; a war on a grand scale with nuclear weapons will be enough wherever it occurs. Hell, nuke Europe and let the Americans and the PRC pick up the pieces to find unity through the horrifying end of the Russo-European War. It doesn’t matter about race - what matters is getting humans off this dying rock, and out there where a universe waits to be taken.

Also, err, Mr Kim? Don’t think I haven’t seen the video of the guy being killed via AA-cannon. Or the photos of death camps. Or the guy arrested, tortured and starved to death for touching a flag. I admire your commitment to Earth Day energy saving, but perhaps you might want to consider actually using your military instead of killing your own people...?

PS: The captcha on mobile is fucking retarded pls fix mods

what I think is the US is obviously going to lose to russia and china

>One point that stuck out to me is the whole idea of us being at the “high-point for humanity”; as in, a turning point, a junction. Within the next century or so, we are more likely to kill ourselves off than every other era of humanity.
This is a false premise. The bottleneck of 70k years ago obviously carried a greater threat despite less impressive tech.
I won’t engage with the rest of your post

>An event that shocks the world so much that we are forced to confront the future than wallowing in our past.
WWII already would have been this had white peoples not let jews, women, niggers, faggots and assorted brown people fuck it up with their childish mewling.

B U Y A N A D V E R T I S E M E N T
>BUY AN ADVERTISEMENT
>BUY AN ADVERTISEMENT
>BUY AN ADVERTISEMENT
>BUY AN ADVERTISEMENT

Nice spacing faggot

>dude universe big so nothing matters
Peak redditor brainlet right here