Why did the military stop wearing real boots?

The crap they wear now are high top sneakers

Attached: 55BFE58B-72A0-4E9E-B2B3-E79E57401190.jpg (828x650, 506.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

canadawestboots.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you would be better wearing pair of Adidas in most circumstances. particularly urban areas. however you best adapt to that terrain is how you will win fighting on that terrain.

Because a good pair of military boots, like WWII era leathers, would cost 500 dollars a pair nowadays. Back then it was like 10. There arent cobblers in every neighborhood to fill the orders.

First time I went to the west, I couldn't find a cobbler to fix my shoes. Apparently, people there just throw away their old pair and buy new ones.

This is what I wear, comfy as fuck.

Attached: FQ0000101_LARGE.jpg (398x398, 22.9K)

WWII boots were notoriously shitty. Especially jump boots. Soldiers frequently complained that they were nothing more than field shoes with a leather strap sewn on top.

American boots, that is. Unsure about any other armies

Cause it was the first step to make soldiers lazy, now there all tranny fags

Attached: IMG_20220628_151450_410.jpg (720x716, 86.8K)

Saw some Manlet size new combat boots at goodwill. They were about as heavy as crocs. Just seams like you could get injured easily in those lame ass boots

cobbler is a dessert in america

Mine are a modern Canadian version made by a small company, $200 and some of my favorite footwear I've ever owned.

Attached: 16564444681343452660710060764723.jpg (4000x3000, 3.27M)

>why do people who walk several miles in rough terrain wear comfortable and durable footwear?

Attached: 1508278263110.png (408x450, 34.52K)

You probably have purple crocs

Why do they still make boots with fucking heels in 2022? They fuck up your posture and are uncomfortable. It's a relic of a 3 centuries old fashion.

Attached: IMG_20210907_121928127copy.jpg (2103x1569, 920.44K)

you dumb fat fuck its a man who makes shoes

In Italy they were famous for being made of cadboard lol.

Can't speak for all boots user, but fir those who ride horses or motorcycles the heel is a good spot to couch the stirrups or the foot rests on a bike

Parade boot, looks good. Can you order them online? I’m wearing desert boots I got when I was serving. They last a long time.

No, AKSHUALLY a shoemaker makes shoes. A cobbler only repairs them.

>i’m a faggot that doesn’t know how boots work

thank you jaunito dorito gonzales, thank you for enlightening me

Looks more like Navy boondockers. Steel toes are only used in jump boots in the US. (based on my old 20th century experiences)

No one that rides a horse or a motorcycle uses these boots, I use the fucking motorcycle boots when I ride my bike, which ironically are also more comfortable than those in the previous picture.
I love them but they're uncomfortable as hell due to the heels.

I would love boots made in a traditional way but without heels.
Actual retard.

Not sure if you can order them directly, here's their website: canadawestboots.com/

I got them from a place locally that specialized in work boots.

Diversity won't polish them. Also they clash with modern cammo. Although honestly we should be wearing more traditional twill noncolors in garrison and yes polished black boots with them.

Attached: vietnam-era-american-soldiers-solders-everett.jpg (900x597, 83.16K)

Those ones don't have a steel toe, "service boot" is what they call them, I originally got them because I wanted something non tactical looking to wear while I did security.

I'm glad they switched to tan during the height of the Iraq war. It would have been an unnecessary pain in the ass to polish boots in the desert. The tan boots were literally cleaned by the sand. I'm not a fan of the new brown boots.

Any time, Chang

Jungle boots were kino as fuck, I'm looking into ordering a surplus pair. The modern desert boots don't look too bad either but I've never tried them.

that was bullshit. if anything most """boots""" you find in marketplaces today are partially made out of cardboard (insole paper/board/cellulose board, stiffeners perhaps).