Scottish independence: 19 October 2023 proposed as date for referendum

bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61968607

Attached: 1637848343521.jpg (1000x1000, 81.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_income
taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2021/08/18/why-gers-is-wrong-yet-again/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They would literally collapse in 6 months without our gibs

They’re just praying that when they leave they can rejoin the EU and get equal or more gibs

can't wait to have united Ireland and Scotland back in the union desu

Attached: VNASBS6J75CXLI576RGVEDTSEM.jpg (1200x900, 97.43K)

vgh kurds of britannia

you will never be Evropean

Was bound to happen after the 2016 English betrayal.

Yeah I'm sure it's in the EU's interests to start supporting regionalist independence movements

Catalonia and Brittany will like that. Not sure the countries they're part of will.

I'm sure you'll figure it out. You EU types are so forward thinking. Like with Putin

?
we support pro-European separatists outside the EU but not separatists within, that's pretty logical

Wtf
Britain without Scotland would feel wrong, would they even keep using the Union Jack?

Legally they can’t do this so I’m mystified.

Will be another Catalonia situation if she’s really this stupid

>Yeah I'm sure it's in the EU's interests to start supporting regionalist independence movements
>Catalonia and Brittany will like that. Not sure the countries they're part of will.
>I'm sure you'll figure it out. You EU types are so forward thinking. Like with Putin

Attached: wojakbrit.png (552x621, 282.76K)

I guess without Northern Ireland and Scotland they'd just use the English flag, Wales isn't represented in the Union Jack

Attached: unionjack.gif (470x524, 27.79K)

Wait kek I just saw this in the article

>Ms Sturgeon said had written to Prime Minister Boris Johnson to ask for formal consent for the vote to be held.

He’s going to say no and then she’s going to kick off about it but ultimately do nothing. This is the third time she’s done this

kurds are european you dum dum

Are there any other EU bros whose eyes have been opened by this shameful display of omnishambles that British politics has been for the past few years?

I have grown up, taught to believe that the British political system was enviable example of near-eternal resilience and a near millenium of a proud parliamentary tradition but those past years have shown otherwise.

Under the thin mask of democratic institutions the United Kingdom is nothing but a corrupt oligarchy. Worse than that: the UK is now a rogue state under the constant threat of internal political and territorial disintegration. It bends and breaks international agreements and treaties, uses the lives and fates of people or the re-ignition of violent conflicts as perverse poker chips. It negotiates with threats and brinkmanship, and has shown itself to be vulnerable, prone to outside interference by foreign interest.

During the greatest global catastrophe since the second world war high-profile bureaucrats and members of government have openly jeopardized and ridiculed the health and economical security of their own citizens that kept the economy and the health sector afloat during the pandemic until it personally affected them, triggering a botched and completely mismanaged response.

didn't read
is this copypasta?

> If the court rules that Holyrood does not have the power to hold a referendum, she said the next general election would become a "de facto referendum" with the SNP standing on a single issue of independence

Kek the article gets even better. She knows it’s a non starter

Just during the last few months following the referendum several investigative bombshell reports from the last remnants of British civil society have exposed numerous senior members of the highest intelligence committees as foreign agents bankrolled by antagonist powers. British politicians whore themselves out to the highest bidder without any consideration for their democratic mandate, be it American mega-corporations or Russian oligarchs.

I have come to believe that this declining power poses a great threat to the collective economical and security interest of our shared continent. The United Kingdom should thus be removed as far as possible from any collective decision-making process, and utterly reduced to the status of a castrated economical dependency.

The EU should use its diplomatic muscles to reduce British presence within multilateral institutions including the United Nations Security Council. The Union should openly support any political movement that seeks to restore democratic institutions within separate parts of the contemporary United Kingdom. It should also support any actions of those movements that seek to use their new-found sovereignty to seize and greatly reduced the UK's nuclear arsenal and military capabilities in order to diminish its power projection.

If the Union is to be preserved then our Continental Bloc has to elevate these tenants as their new foreign policy doctrine in order to protect the peace, prosperity and democracy gifted to us by the process of European Unification!

Wanna hear something funnier? What is gonna happen to countries with the cuckstamp like Australia and New Zealand? Symbolism is a very powerful thing, without the union jack other countries will drift further away from England.

Are the kingdoms of the UK allowed to do that? Vote to be independent?

What I find interesting about UK is that they have the longest established elites. Even today the norman aristocracy controls quite a lot of land. I heard that rotshilds were paying rent to some norman descendant for their property in city of London.
No other country had that. Nevermind Asia or America or Africa, even in Europe there are no elites as established as UK oligarchy. French had their heads cut off, same with Russia, German-Austrian nobility was dismantled, power change quite a lot of times.

not with UK, the people who are in charge in 1100 are still in charge. Yeah there were few beheadings and some curtailing of kings powers but still it is aristocracy that call the shots there, Quite interesting.

It’s not going to happen anyway. The article makes it quite clear she knows full well the high court will reject this, it even says in the article Scots don’t want independence according to opinion polls.

She’s just thinking about the next GE, she’s worried about a Labour majority which would take the wind out of the SNP sails

Australia should use pic related anyway
for NZ idk

Attached: 34935900-8887211-image-a-54_1603862941461.jpg (634x412, 48.5K)

Damn, that's messed up

No, in fact almost no country has a mechanism where a chunk of it can just call a referendum and break off. The UK is no exception.

2014 referendum was granted with londons consent because unionists were confident of a win

Yes, happened in 2014.
>2014
>Stay in the UK, please Scotland, together we are stronger.
>2016
>Sovrinity, fuck everyone else, freeeedoooooom.

It only happened in 2014 because Westminister granted it. Don’t talk about subjects you are not fully knowledgeable about.

i wish you luck. If i can do anything to help, let me know

Yeah I’ll crack open a beer and watch it fail just like the last one did. Scottish proles might be brain dead but at least their businessmen aren’t morons. Hurr durr let’s leave the 6th largest economy on earth to be…. Idk a European tax haven like Ireland? What’s wrong with these morons?

You can give back Edinburgh n all

Attached: A1754D7D-6A48-4968-B2B1-908D7E0455ED.jpg (1200x800, 161.35K)

I know them better than you.

It won’t even be granted. SNP needs to justify its existence and if they don’t beat this drum then in 2024 they have nothing to campaign on. Their record elsewhere is abysmal, they need to focus on this single issue

Obviously not as you just said an outright falsehood

Please tell me what is false that I said.

You replied to the swede saying Scotland can call a referendum whenever they like. You said “yes” to his question and provided a false equivalence, 2014, which was when Westminister granted permission. Happy to clear up further why you’re wrong but surely you get it now I’ve written it up so clearly for you. Have a nice day

You are just scared it will surpass England.

Considering we’d need a legal hard border and 80% of scotlands trade is with England, it isn’t really possible for Scotland to be better off.

They had a choice to be independent a few years ago and they rejected the opportunity. Are we just going to have referendums every 9 years now? If they do get independence in 2023, are they just going to have another referendum in 2032 to see if they want to rejoin the UK?

He said if kingdoms can vote for independence, nothing about being granted permission.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fuck me that’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all week

Am I the only one who thinks independence referendums are flawed?
I mean think about it, the independence side can repeatedly do a referendum until they get the result they want, but if the unionist side loses one election its over for them forever.
Britain should just declare this illegal and say Scotland has no right to secede.

Quebec did it. Took three referendums for them to finally shut the fuck up.

Fair enough I’ll let you off. Fact is they won’t get a referendum though.

If you go back to 2016 threads or “maps of the future” they always put Scotland as independent in 2020 because this dance has been danced for ages now.

Anti-British EU fanatics are always either one of these two things

Mentally ill to the point of complete psychosis and schizophrenia, or totally ignorant and retarded about what Britiain is or how the UK even works

The UK is one Kingdom and only Westminster can grant referendums.

You weirdo scum don't deserve us.

Attached: Collage 2022-05-12 12_58_21.jpg (1203x993, 344.91K)

So if Scotland would be then in the EU and Northern Ireland weren't, how is Frontex going to keep up all of thouse EU outer borders between England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland?
Stop, have your lorry or boot inspected, and pay tariffs on everything.

Attached: 1653242208492.png (657x527, 49.43K)

That isnt a British wojak, thats Canadian no?

That’s what the high court and BJ is going to do anyway.

SNP will then do nothing but hold it until 2024 and once again claim a vote for the SNP is a vote for independence. We’ve gone through this loop 3 times now with them

Considering that within 50 of EU membership Ireland surpassed the UK and has been better off than under almost 500 years of UK rule, Scotland is going to be fine.

Ireland is a tax haven you actual retard

Ireland was a complete shithole until the 1990s, so you’re saying Scotland will be a dump for 80 years? and Irish gdp per capita is heavily inflated by tax dodging.

And Scotland won't be, because?

Englanders are too irrelevant to have their own wojaks. You only have the norf variant.

Scottish parliament could take the Kosovo route and just declare unilateral independence.
I have no idea if it could work or if its even legal but I imagine most EU states would support it.

Attached: 1641195001064.jpg (1198x674, 53.2K)

>He’s going to say no and then she’s going to kick off about it but ultimately do nothing. This is the third time she’s done this
Most likely this

The irony is Scottish nationalism was invented in opposition to free market capitalism, so to become a tax haven just because they seethe over the English is a hilarious move.

>get equal or more gibs
Why wouldn't they?

Every single majority European-descendant country that has broken off from the UK like the US, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand turned into a wealthier, prosperous and overall more successful society than the UK itself. I fail to see why this would be different in the case of Scotland

Wouldn’t work because Kosovo was heavily in favour if independence whilst Scotland is ever so slightly against it. Unionists can just boycott the vote. No good having a referendum result 100% in favour of independence with a 35% turnout

You could simply put all of their leaders in prison for high treason like Spain did with the Catalans. It seems to have worked: You no longer hear anything from them about an independence.

Attached: 1647347976795.jpg (567x597, 69.75K)

If the EU supports it like they’re supporting Ukraine rn I can sleep soundly knowing fuck all will happen

Way to not answer my question. Filtered

Ireland has higher IHDI then the UK too which takes income inequality into account

cope lmao

Attached: ihdi.png (1035x693, 59.4K)

You're okay with Scotland bombing London with german artillery?

False equivalency and a fundamental misunderstanding of what the UK is. Colonies and imperial holdings are nothing to do with the United Kingdom and the union of crowns. The 13 colonies and Scotland are incomparable.

4 are settler colonies with abundant natural resources and one was/is a tax haven.
Also US, Australia, New Zealand and Canada were never integrated into the UK. Ireland was technically integrated for a little over 100 years, but as effectively a poor underclass. Scotland has been integrated into for over 300 years, and the integration was a mutual decision.

Long live Scotland
FUCK ENGLAND

Considering Scotland doesn’t have an army and every single piece of military infrastructure is owned and ran by us I really don’t see how that could happen

Scotland is a sparsely populated country with an abundance of natural resources. Also 'mutual' is quite a euphemism for a process of duress and bribery.

IHDI is one of the most retarded rankings I've ever seen. Just look at the list, do you really believe this?
Why aren't people mass migrating to Poland, since its apparently "more developed" than USA and Italy?
Spain and Italy are actually barely above Belarus, and Portugal is under Belarus.

England and Scotland were put under a personal union when the King of Scotland inherited the crown of England.
England and Scotland were united when Scotland's state ran out of money, their colonial projects had failed and they realized they would be better off with a united parliament.

>Why aren't people mass migrating to Poland, since its apparently "more developed" than USA and Italy?

Poland received 3 million migrants in the last year alone.

Should this happen, will the UK then just be "K"?

Attached: 1605267542786.png (741x568, 23.25K)

Wales + England = Wangland

No because we’d still be a Kingdom as we have a monarch you utter spasticated moron

Another fun fact about Scotland going independent is that England will have to move their subs, because UK subs are stationed in Scotland territory, now either England will have to pay Scotland to station them there or find a new place, lmao.

Wow that's a lot. I wonder if there's a current event taking place in a neighboring country that has caused people to migrate to Poland.

No ranking is 100% accurate you absolute troglodyte, but it busts the myth that Ireland is purely rich because it's a tax haven.

You dream, EU will shower them with money just to own you

Yeah, going to be so hard to find a place to dock subs ... on an island.

You are forgetting about the troublesome 6 of the 9 Ulster counties that also belong to this somehow.

Yes, but I was asking since the kingdom would no longer be united, it wouldn't have a U in the abbreviation. See?

Attached: 1605186385966.jpg (258x245, 20.47K)

>proposed
I will also propose a new day we celebrate beating germany lets call it victory day 2.0
>eu will bankrupt itself to own us
....what?

UK has a higher median household income than Ireland

Attached: median Gross household income.png (1505x876, 58.27K)

Angloids dont believe in fair or equitability. Thats why Americans break treaties and do whatever they want to.

>eu will bankrupt itself to own us
It is political. Which is a polite euphemism for "expensive error".

Don't bother they are mentally ill autists still in shock at how the UK left the EU this is their way to cope

It would be the United Kingdom of England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Still 3 countries in the Union

OK. Borders will be a nightmare, though.

LMAOOOOO WHY DID YOU POST THE GROSS HOUSEHOLD INCOME WHICH IS LITERALLY BASED ON A SELF-REPORTED SURVEY INSTEAD OF THE OECD DATA ABOVE THAT ONE THAT LITERALLY SHOWS IRELAND ABOVE THE UK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_income

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: medianincome.png (1706x778, 83.82K)

God germans are so autistic, what is political about destabilising europe and encouraging independence movements when france, italy and spain all are dealing the the potential issue of it?
Why are germans so fanatically obsessed with us?
German and netherlands every fucking time

Thats far more of an issue for the Scottish than it for us.

Also another thing that will be funny is them trying to keep the £ if they go indy

why are scots such fucking druggies?

Attached: europe-drug-od-1 (1).png (1200x1080, 308.75K)

>swead cuck using anything but GDP PPP

Any loan the EU grants them would have to be bought from the british which is quite amusing, the proposed german "owning" us would just be germany paying us to destabilise europe

I fully support our wangland brothers and sisters.

they speak english so they have the ability to read about britbong politics, if they knew french they'd be the same in threads about french

>you're going to live to see the US balkanized and the "United" Kingdom dismantled

Attached: 1655845193002.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

>thread about Scotland
>literally just Englishmen having public meltdowns over it leaving the uk

Why can't Brits deal with the fact that any society that broke off from the UK turned into a better and more prosperous one and that any society that joined the EU also turned out to be richer and better?

>Moneymogged by Slovenia
Ouch

the EU will become a country
the UK will cease to be a country
the writing is on the wall

Attached: 1591961136175.jpg (763x804, 113.73K)

>Scottish indep-ACK!

Attached: 1656156916340.png (844x1022, 379.72K)

>when Scotland's state ran out of money,
Lets rework that
Scottish nobles lost SOME money to a failed colonial scheme and then 4 years later they made 80% of it back through trade in Africa.
So... Yeah you were sort of totally wrong.

And Ireland destroys the UK when it comes to GDP(PPP) per capita. What's your point lmao

Are you actually retarded? Yeah man I'd much rather live in Zambia than a village in the Cotswolds

Because that isn’t true in the slightest? Britains GDP alone dwarfs literally everyone but the States when it comes to colonies
>but but the heckin HDI!!
So per capita the Aussies have more to spend on heroin and huffing paint? Clearly isn’t doing much for their nation is it

Grim that people make their whole identity about a burocratic organisation
Yeah true, but its really weird thats its primarily dutch and germans
Honestly would support scotland leaving having dealt with scotnats at work and the tax drain they are I can't see a good reason to keep them around

English army? Where? Oh. You don't have one.

As a German who speaks French and reads the French press there simply is no significant independence movement in any of the French territories, including overseas territories with the only exception being New Caledonia (coincidentally named after Scotland btw). Neither Brittany nor Corsica are even close to achieving political autonomy, let alone independence.

Weird drugs, too. I saw a documentary that was about a valium epidemic in Scotland. I think it's easy to overdose on that if you mix drugs, add alcohol or other medication to it. (RIP Heath Ledger)

Zambia was never apart of the UK, it was part of the British Empire lmao. I'd expect you to know your own history.

Also
>comparing your country to African shitholes
L M A O

>and the tax drain
Disproved years ago but nice try mate. Really.

Its the UK's army you mong, if Scotland leaves the army will still be in the hands of the UK

>That's not an Englander, it's an Englander no?

In what fantasy world?
Ireland is 40 in rankings...

>ITT, 10 bongs and 1 kraut.

Sad to see.

>Under the thin mask of democratic institutions the United Kingdom is nothing but a corrupt oligarchy
always was. they literally have a monarch

England wouldn’t be independent in the situation of a Scottish referendum though, we would still be Britain and all military infrastructure is owned and ran by us, over 87% of our army is made up of English nationals alone, Scotland trying anything would be fucking hopeless

Attached: ralph 2.jpg (512x384, 61.35K)

at least 2

Attached: 1656408771982.gif (492x376, 336.73K)

Aren't all bri'ish nuclear subs housed in Scotland because that's where all the deep enough harbours are?

Yes... All the soldiers in Scotland, Boris actually moved all soldiers from Scotland into Scotland and vice versa, will magically fly to England and no one will ever discuss military matters when leaving the UK.
The English mind at full force.

Scottish independence is quite possibly the stupidest political movement in the advanced world today, especially in the context of Brexit. If Scotland were an independent country it would be Europe’s oldest and sickest demographic, and among its most indebted countries. Scotland could never meet EU membership criteria and several existing EU countries would veto its application. The oil is gone from the North Sea, and every bank in Scotland has already made it abundantly clear that if Scotland moves to divorce they will decamp. The only thing keeping Scotland from devolving into a 3rd (4th?) world nation is transfer ££ from London. I cannot think of a more effective means of national self-destruction.

Attached: 1654648959071.png (567x433, 254.67K)

>Sinn Fein being the biggest party across both sides of the border
>SNP about to win a super majority of seats
>Border poll and indyref on the horizon.

It's over for the UK.

>disproven
Care to show me? I did econ for 2 years there are sevral models based around scotlands attachment to the UK, yes a lot of Scottish spending is accounted for differently than englands spending which is hidden under the Westminster budget, but it doesn't change scottish social services and infrastructure budgets being inflated and being hopelessly inefficient to greece tier corruption levels.

You're making no sense Jock

turn off the VPN Nigel

they now only need to do the needful

Does finland even have subs?
And no wales and cornwall both have deep harbours

The English are so weird. They've most likely never been to Scotland or maybe even talked to a person from Scotland but are desperate not to let it leave the UK while also hating it wholly.

Are you mentally retarded? Are you comparing the total GDP (PPP) to Ireland, a country that has less than 10% of your population.
LMAOOOOO

>W-we care less than you do
Amazing defence

I'll be voting yes

Attached: 1630885982358.jpg (1643x1849, 204.09K)

>separatist movements
>france
kek
it's all meme movements, at least 50% of all corsicans consider themselves french
in brittany and alsace the number is closer to 100%

According to who? Most people are massively indifferent

based

Attached: 1616443439777.jpg (909x982, 69.74K)

That is how GDP PPP is calculated yes... this is why GDP PPP is considered the superior model for calculating an economy... did all that sissy hypno destory your ability to reason?

The Scottish are so weird that they think we give a shit about them.

No one hates you you self loathing arsehole, we’re telling you what your planning is monumentally fucking stupid

Honestly it’s like watching Bambi walk across a minefield. James I rolling in his grave at the state of you lot

i'm swedish

Attached: 1654554418062.jpg (400x400, 55.21K)

Inb4 >it is by a Scotsman so its false

The data in GERS is unfit for purpose. It is very likely wrong. And it does not answer any fair question that can be posed about the actions of any government of Scotland.

r/europe and r/funkopop has invaded lads
I wish i never met a scot god thay are obnoxious
That being said scotland is very nice
>its a meme
>half of them consider themselves separately from french
>no way would Scotland getting infinite gibs act as an incentive

Want to hear something truely bizarre? Scots lay claim to King Arthur. Thought King Arthur was quintessentially English, think again. The Scots had a king named Arthur in the 6th century AD (the fitting time) and he had a round table that is now overgrown but can still be made out below Stirling Castle. (picture)

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-06-26-18h01m11s620.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

The entire UK is utterly filled with one-sided rivalries.
>Scottish seethe about the English, the English don't care about the Scottish
>Northerners seethe about Southerners, Southerners don't care about Northerners
etc etc etc

>Haha this thread doesn't exist
England. Gaslighting nation

Yes this accounts for what I said you are dismissing the other points I also said, scottish public services are a fucking mess

This just isn't true.

It's a completely irrelevant ranking for calculating the wealth of citizens you absolute brainlet.
>did all that sissy hypno destory your ability to reason?
Brits truly are mentally ill

Arthur wasn't english he was welsh
And yeah Scotland is india tier insecure about it's national story

cope

>Thought King Arthur was quintessentially English, think again
This is also well known not to be true, everyone recognises it to be Welsh in origin

So no rebuttal
Cheers. We will be looking for £1 trillion in stolen taxes by next week

>PPP
>IRRRELVENT
lad... go outside... talk to a girl make some friends... the sissh hypno shit is doing you no good

wtf makes a scot different from an englishman other than accent?

the number is probably higher, that's why I said at least
and that's not mentioning the other 30% who are simply indifferent to the cause
corsican separatists are such a minority that they've had to resort to terrorist attacks that weren't even effective like the IRA's

>Scots lay claim to King Arthur. Thought
We do?
>England saying this

Heroine
And somehow uglier
I think the more north you go the ulgier people get.

A lot of Scottish people from Glasgow and above don't even consider lowland Scots to be true Scots. Its a shambles.

What makes a Swede different from a Norwegian other than accent
>no it is... Le language
No it isn't.

we are brotherly people swedes and norwegians :)

Not sure what you are proving then, are you arguing against me or with me?
Also do you consider neploian a traitor?
Who said I was english, I am a welsh BVLL and bread scottish femboys.
And ye englanders are insecure but more so about appolgising for racism or some retarded shite while scots are stuck between themselves where they are nationalists but also pathetic leftwing whimps so I would like to see an independent scotland just for the mental gymnastics of sucking off Africans while waving your flag

Nothing, if they’re lowlanders they’re Englishmen in denial and if they’re highlanders they’re Irishmen in denial. It’s why they come off as so schizophrenic

Seriously what is with r/europe coming here do they not know we say naughty words like nigger
>trips confirms sweaden and norway are friends
Reckon finland would say the same

I know, but there are those out there that claim what I wrote.

Wasn't Arthur born in Tintagel Castle, which is ... Cornish? I know one of the first historians to write down the legend was Welsh, and so was the title (not name) "Merlin".

I saw it on American aluminium hat TV, so it must be true. Well, they had some real Scotsmen that were working on/in Stirling Castle and pictures of some old manuscript recording the time of their king Arthur in 5xx AD.

Anyway. Most legends have a kernel of truth in them that will be in time overgrown and contain stories that have happened elsewhere but were later attributed to the legend.

Well, at least they can't take Robin Hood from you as well.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-06-25-19h32m00s675.png (1920x1080, 2.99M)

somehow i knew the OP would be german

this is brexit on steroids
>based on feels
>instant economic losses
>promise of better future (hoping to join the eu)

that being said, I support it because it will lead to more countries and more international happenings which pleases my autism.
independed scotland makes irish unification so much more likely

Attached: 2ogzrx9eq1f21.png (1177x1502, 45.41K)

god I hope they fuck off this time, almost all of the UKs socialists come from that rain-saytered shithole

>Why yes, I'm in favor of a referendum for Scottish Independence
>Why yes, I will vote to remain in the UK

Attached: gigachad.jpg (680x763, 33.41K)

Scotland loses hundreds of millions to England each year.
Scotland has 8% of the UK's people yet is forced to pay 15% of Londons loans

The Tintangel myth is a later edition, and anyway Cornwall used to Welsh/Celtic. Which just shows you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

I know a fair bit about Arthurian mythology too, it was originally just Welsh mythology (see Mabinogion). When it got attached to the King Arthur we think of today it was about the native Britons fighting off the Anglos, it then got co-opted by the Plantagenet Kings in the medieval period to be English.

what, again?

meds, scotland drains billions from the rest of us every year

I support it only so we can get a 3rd world neighbour for cheap slags
Based

eu surprisingly still doesn't see the UK as the enemy(even if they obviously are) otherwise it would liven up and make those things happen. Only possibility is that irish reunification snowballs the breakup of the rest

Corwall was celtic
Its the same german and dutch guy from r/europe every time

>Wales isn't represented in the Union Jack
Why is that? They're the only autochtonous Brits.

True, every country should balkanize just a bit
I hope it's Italy's turn next

take your meds

Because it wasn't a country, it was basically just a part of England.

>Thought King Arthur was quintessentially English,

Not at all, it is quintessentially Welsh. The whole time-period it is set in was after the Romans left, the island was being invaded by the English.
Camelot = Camelodunum, today the city of Colchester.

Scotland with EU support would be a lot more prosperous than England.

Cope you Brexiter retard.

Gers was disproven years ago

>or example, why has Scotland got a disproportionately large share of interest payments, picking up almost 15% too much
If the UK was a company London would be charged with fraud against its investor Scotland for makimg them pay more than others and forced to pay back millions.
But the UK is not a company so no rules apply and London can drain Scotland for all it wishes.

Why do western euros like to threaten Britain with secession? How is having a hostile English population, one that greatly outnumbers Scots btw, beneficial for the EU?
Wouldn't that confirm to them that the EU is a hostile entity?

>How is having a hostile English population
Why would England be hostile to anyone if Scotland left the UK?

>some random ass website
you might as well have linked stormfront

>err uhh
Okay so you have no argument. Good to know Saxons still haven't learned rhetoric.

>Corwall was celtic
Cornish is a lot like Breton, and there is a small language divider between Breton + Cornish on the one side and Welsh on the other.
But I get it - Celts on the one side and Germanics on the other.
I grew up in what used to be the heart of Saxony (until they moved to East Germany and England). I was surprised to meet an archaeologist once who showed me Celtic ornaments near my home town on an old well stone that were from a time before the Saxons.
The Celts you had on the British Isles were probably emigrants that you got from us.

Arthur legend is a Celtic one, obviously. It is set in the time period after the Romans leaving, and the English (Anglo-Saxo-Friso-whatevero) invading.
Britain = land of the Britons = Welsh, although in a broader sense all autochtonous Celts could be included.

Lads, if my passport is gonna be yellow then I'm voting 'NO'.

>Let me, a German, tell you about your country

Most of Britain was Gaelic then from Belgium

If westerns Euros started cheering for it, there might be a bit of resentment, I imagine.

>Let me, an Englishman tell you about Scotland
>No I don't know what party is in charge there nor the first minister and I have never been there but I'm the real expert

can't wait for pure 17th century Scots to be made the official language of instruction in all Scottish state schools, it's gonna be kino

>resentment
For what?

I'm just saying there was a lot of movement of people & languages. Which is interesting and worrysome at the same time. What you had, we had on the continent, only by the time the Celts landed up in Britain, they had finally decided to write on parchment -> written history.

Idk what that is.

Tax research is a good site but this smells like cope
Il give it a read and if it is cope il laugh at you in /brit/

>Let me, a Scottish person, tell you about England
>No I've never been and know nothing about British politics other than how evil Thatcher was 40 years ago

>Let me, an Englishman, tell you about Scotland
Aye considering a good half of it is ours and is subsidised by the crown you agreed to join and agreed not to leave less than 10 years ago.

Absolutely despise indyfags

>mfw england implodes

Attached: rmmgr4fvjq791.png (1440x960, 999.51K)

>promise of better future (hoping to join the eu)
hoping?

the EU will almost certainly allow Scotland to join the EU

You're that one kraut who has a friend from glasgow, aren't you? You're an insufferable mong. And before yous call me an angloid lad, I'm from Perth, and Dresden was blessed get ta fook

So what you be saying is...
Germany wuz.... KING ARTHUR AND SHIIIIT

genetics mapping can uncover the unwritten history

Attached: region celtogermanic.jpg (1189x574, 97.25K)

In principle - yes. But our once and future king was emperor Barbarossa, and I think Arthur's legend is several hundred years older than that.

>made up scenarios
Yep its angloid hour
Above

Good

Gaels out
Soufies out
Norf supremacy now

Attached: A80C66CD-704F-4C62-8AC7-01371D815ECD.png (1376x3447, 1.53M)

genuinely can't imagine voting against your own country's independence

Far more realistic than this

Interesting. I didn't know we were so close.

>made up scenarios
Edinburgh is Anglo-Saxon
Strathclyde is Cumbrian

Gaels are lying thieving crypto-irish gyppos

England is a net drain to Scotland, they should become independent and secure their borders from the upcoming onslaught of English migrants.

Attached: Chewsday.jpg (178x192, 10.11K)

Why?
No independent institutions, no currency, financial requirements in regards to debt etc not met
Even in the most optimistic scenario it'll take like 2 years

>upcoming onslaught of English migrants
Same ones that literally financed and built their entire country? Oh the horror

This, unironically. English will be the spics of Britain, swarming north for a chance to rejoin the EU kek. Scots, build your WALL.

Already done - no need to thank us lads

Attached: hadrians-wall-1.jpg (1440x612, 304.48K)

It all goes back to ancient days, but there is a lot of information to be found in place names.
for example Kent (SE UK) and Gent (Belgium)

Attached: menapii trading colonies.png (591x678, 87.7K)

Hadrian's Wall is in England lad, it's not the modern border.

Shit, I might need to update my maps

No, don't. I like the idea of Scotland annexing the north of England kek.

interesting factoid:
Coastal Brythonic was spoken as a minor language in the Flemish parts of Belgium up until the 4th century AD.

For someone so obsessed with Britain you don't actually know very much in the way of factual information about it

I'd prefer Scotland not leave the U.K.
I would also prefer the U.K. rejoin the EU.

>Coastal Brythonic
(basically Welsh)
It may be the origin of the Flemish term "koeterwaals" indicating a very incomprehensible language. Koeter- means associated with waterways.

Give England the vote also. They'd be out so fucking fast.

Average Scottish people will be embarrassed if you mistake them for a English in 2040 since the English will be associated with turks and Mexicans as England economically declines, and hoardes of English migrants illegally cross into Scotland.

Attached: download (1) (9).jpg (176x286, 15.76K)

How come only meme non-nationalities these days get independence referendums that don't pass while actual oppressed peoples are ignored

Attached: Screenshot_20220611-063539_PicCollage.jpg (1339x1474, 318.64K)

Belgium was Gaelic and the ancient Belgae conquered the British Isles the welsh tribes only survived in Wales, Cumbria and Ayrshire.

Wholesome burger opinion.
Will now be immediately discarded because europeans have a superiority complex.

>This thread was moved to

Attached: soyboy14.png (680x866, 804.3K)

btw this fine Belgic man (Karos the Menapian) grabbed the Roman imperial crown (after controlling the Channel as a sort of pirate king), and when the Romans did not want him, he proclaimed himself "king of Britain and Northern Gaul" settling his throne in Britain.
He got away with it for a couple of years. We still find a lot of coins from that period.

Attached: carausius.jpg (225x224, 11.99K)

Just be aware, this is almost certainly a positive publicity stunt. This referendum will not take place because almost certainly the British Government won’t consent to it. Also the U.K. Supreme Court is very unlikely to side with the Scottish government because it’s pretty clearly written into legislation that it needs Central Government consent.

What it does do though, is nicely build up steam for a referendum that won’t likely take place, just at the point where a 2024 Election campaign will be gearing up. So ‘their stolen independence referendum’ will be front and centre in Scottish minds.

It will also play perfectly for the Conservatives, as it means a Labour minority would need to negotiate with the SNP, and thus be a great PR point for the Tories media against another ‘coalition of Chaos’.

2024 is shaping up to be war of the populists.