Are wood/steel frame buildings really bad?

This thing cant be a bad thing man... Nobody would build their homes with wood/steel if there had no benefits...

Attached: wdf.jpg (1920x1080, 239.44K)

>stone stronger than stick, grug build home of stone

No its very cost effective to use affordable materials like wood and rebuild your house every 20 years when you move out. Chances are your house will be blown away anyways. Any house will be blown away by a hurricane. Materials dont matter. Did you know most European homes cant survive a storm either and had straw roofs until recently?

Chinese propaganda is just trying to demoralize us with unrealistics goalposts and divide us Europeans and Americans.

Because if you build housing to last you aren't stimulating the economy.

Your kids will inherit nothing and be happy

Wood frames are used because its super cheap. The issue is that because everything is made of wood, you can hear everything.

These are mainly used to shit out Apartments when there is a growing housing market in a city.

What is up with all of these construction material threads? They are dumb.

Houses in your shit hole of a country might have had straw roofs recently but not here in Bongland or Western Europe unless you count the odd cottage with a thatched roof.

>Did you know most European homes cant survive a storm either and had straw roofs until recently?

I think you are mistaking Europe with Vietnam

I remodeled a steel and concrete building, and other than the cool, invulnerable fortress vibe the place has it was a mistake. I would have been cheaper to level the building, and build new.

90% of the popular positions on Any Forums are zoomers who are lashing out at everything around them without any deep or meaningful understanding of why they hate something.
they're generally too stupid to understand anything that isn't completely simplified and they don't care they're so stupid.

>Chinese propaganda is just trying to demoralize us with unrealistics goalposts and divide us Europeans and Americans.
Oh I get it. This is chink propaganda trying to use reverse psychology on us. Unfortunately for them they’re so goddamn stupid they actually believe their own propaganda so their bullshit posts make no sense.

Europeans dont understand America.

No one said anything about Vietnam, Chang.

You described Vietnam and then claimed it was Europe, brick/stone houses with slate or clay roof tiles have been the norm here for 100s of years

>No its very cost effective to use affordable materials like wood and rebuild your house every 20 years when you move out.
My wood house is from 1910. It's not the material, it's the design. People don't want houses to last that long antlers so they design in ways for the structure to rot

This has nothing to do with politics

I don't want a house that will stand the test of time, I want one that will rot.

Does the American really?

Checked and true. Look at the homes you can buy and finish yourself that are all exposed wood and use 8x8 beams. They lost for generations if you use good, thick wood and build them well.

My wood frame house was built in 1957 and is as solid today as the day it was built. No extra work has went in the house beyond consistent care and basic maintenance. The vendetta Europeans have against wood frame houses is sad and bizarre.

Attached: 83475BFD-CBF9-4471-8845-D660B2965579.jpg (425x425, 80.63K)

look for buildings that have lasted 500+ years and...
keep us posted

They are built to be temporary because nobody owns anything anymore, everyone just rents or flips and its all disposable.