What makes people want to live off grid so bad?

Would you live at sea like this family here does?

usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/11/04/he-quit-sail-world-his-youtube-sailing-sv-delos-channel/6073529002/

Attached: 0EC979E5-4382-4CB6-A659-10CF5C90D408.jpg (2980x1676, 338.88K)

>What makes people want to live off grid so bad?
Want ot know how I know you're black, brown of jew?

I get it to some extent but what if a pirate came and robbed and killed them at sea?

alocoholism

What if a nigger broke into your house stole your tv and killed you?

There are witnessing on land

*witnesses

Which is bad because people will see you blasting niggers and then you have to go to court. At sea you can dump their bodies overboard and torch their boat.

You can take firearms into international waters. International law is such that the home nation’s laws of the sailor regarding firearm ownership applies. Some countries are cool about it, others shitty. For example, sailing across the arlantic to the med. italian authorities demanded I claim any firearms and that i keep my firearms in a locker on my boat and applied a sticker to by locker. If the seal was broken and they found out, my boat would be impounded and I would be arrested for weapons smuggling. Meanwhile croatian customs just gave a stern verbal “keep em in the locker”.

Mexico and Australia are the worst. If you’re in mexican national waters with firearms, regardless of your home nationaliry, they just assume you’re cartel, impound your boat, and throw you in prison. Australia demands you check your guns in with a police precinct at your port of entry and you can claim them the day you leave their waters. If your port of entry is Sydney, and your port of exit is Perth, you’re SOL since you can only claim your guns in Sydney.

Meanwile Japan are super cool about it. They also demand you keep your guns at a police precinct while in their waters, but will ship your guns to your port of exit free of charge so you can pick them up as you leave.

t. Sailed around the world 3 times.

What are your thoughts on people who live on their sail boats?
The family in my OP has a channel dedicated to it

I think they’re doing their children a great disservice.

I felt the same
It seemed cruel to have any pets or kids on a boat like that
What advice would you give to someone who wants to sail the world too?

Why would you want to live in police state?

Thats an amazing achievement user. What boat did you use? Ive been looking at 2 different early 70s Alberg 30s. One is cheap and needs a lot of work. The other is a boomers who kept her in amazing condition and stored indoors for the last 15 years but its out of my price range. Any advice you could share with someone just getting started?
I've been to /seaman/ general on out but its fucking dead, and all the jewtoobers are insufferable lefty millennials or out of touch boomer cruisers.

Attached: Screenshot_20220625-233542.png (333x336, 110.8K)

Oh and how to fuck do customs and checking into foreign countries work after fucking covid? I refuse to get the vAXX or stick anything in my nose or mouth to be tested. Is it still all fucked or can you hit up the carribean now no problemo?
I'm sure they're fucking dying for some tourism money after being bled dry 2 years straight

My brother did this for 3 years with 3 kids. All now have degrees, one works for Microsoft.

You should read "The Sailor Who Fell from Grace With the Sea" by Yukio Mishima. I think you'd like it.

What was his story? Do you have any advice if I wanted to do something similar?

I had a thread about this a couple of weeks ago and hardly any replies.

I have zero sailing experience so I have given myself 3 to 5 years to get ready. Saving and getting my affairs in order that sort of stuff. After all the research I've done so far I'm definitely getting a catamaran. And the Panama canal that thing is big rip off.

Also I likeBrian he's a nice guy but for many years Sailing Delos was like a floating frat house. If you want the real solo sailing experience and live aboard life checkout Adventures of a Old Seadog. All other channels are just tits and ass.

It’s important to have a stash of quality american bourbon, cigarettes, and currency for bribery. Outside of north america and europe, bribery is the norm, not the exception. Spare sails, rigging, ropes, parts over everything else.

Guns are fine as long as you’re American and have a steel locker on board and you avoid countries like mexico, sri lanka, and a handful of others where guns = smuggling regardless of your nationality. I’ve never had to shoot anybody, but once I did scare the shit out of a tender thief in the Philippines. Basically cracked a few rounds over his canoe at 3am as he was paddling up to my boat. Locals had warned me about him. The Muslims in the southern Philippines are brigands. I have 3 guns in my locker. An old stainless S&W 5906 TSW, a remington 870 marine magnum, and an LMT MWS .308 with a stainless barrel that I spent waaaay too much on.

You can never be too dry or warm. Also make sure you can deep water fish. The fishing can be amazing and you haven’t lived until you’ve butchered a tuna and had tuna steaks within 30 min of catching it.

Just little things the youtubers gloss over.

>tfw no hometown
>tfw no friends
>tfw no identity beyond the two full-grown meatbags who drag you around the world like a pet
>tfw no past or future, just a nomadic existence of constantly running away from the world because that's all you have ever known
many such cases