Why were old video games better?

Attached: 1643116696305.jpg (1300x857, 277.76K)

Because games weren't for normies yet, they were for autism kids.

im sure its somehow the jews fault

Because you had to poo physically go to your friend's house.

Attached: 1647775069099.png (596x753, 416.52K)

>jewish monetary interest,
See 'Bobby Kotick'. d2 it was enough to play and have fun, d3 was a cash cow with a real life money auction house.

There are good modern games its just that the market is saturated with shit so finding them is difficult

>No pre-orders: devs had to make a good game if they wanted to make money
>No lying longnose game journos: devs had to make a good game if they wanted to make money
>No demoralized degenerates spending thousands of dollars on freemium garbage: devs had to make a good game if they wanted to make money
Tldr: jews

Checked
Of course

I like battletoads

Literally everything was better right down to the wrappers on drinking straws

>gamecube
>old

You must be fucking kidding right?
Gamecube was when games started getting really shit.
And this belongs in Any Forums anyway.

No internet

Consoles used to be focused on making you are your friends happy. Games were calibrated to be as fun as possible for 2 - 4 players unless they were strictly single player

Online multi-player ruined all of that

>Bobby Kotick
Fuck that jew

>No dlc
>no updates
>no day one patch
>no mtx
>no brain-dead nigger normie consumer base that will pre-order a DIGITAL copy of literally anything
>no always online modes
>no monthly subscriptions

Don't get me wrong, games are for the most part unbelievable trash today barring a few exceptions. However the gaming crowd fully deserve this. They should be treated as dopamine cattle and squeezed for every single penny possible. If I worked in the industry I'd do the same. They earned hell. The current industry is the just product of it's consumer base and I hope it only get's worse from here.

because they didn't nickel & dime you & they didn't hire psychologists to make the game a dopamine drip

They required creativity to stand out among the meritocracy

They werent better you just grew up.

you could justify it being here
I mean like all media the market is absolutey filled to overflow
overproduction has led to lack of quality
you could argue that the drop in production costs has caused this
Its a political point that the consumer is making defined choices that dont sit well with media narratives

they weren't you just remember the good ones and forgot about the hundreds of garbage games that existed back then too.

Glad you asked, it is indeed all the fault of the jews, unironically.

Attached: 1651197516893.jpg (258x500, 17.26K)

Yes, because there was often no save feature. If you lost your lives, you got a GAME OVER and had to start the game from the beginning. This meant that you had to be focused on your gaming, and a GAME OVER basically frustrated you to the point where you had to go out and play instead of gaming 8 hours straight.

Attached: ghouls.png (1280x720, 338.55K)

I domt know, I feel like most of those kids decisions were made regardless of what gamers felt. Big companies kind of just formed q monopoly and pushed out the competition

They were designed as entertainment rather than a method of pushing current year progressive ideology while milking your wallet dry.

Game cube had a lot of Fun games. You don’t know what you are talking about.

Attached: 158CDC60-A7B8-4980-9FAB-02EBC7F00397.jpg (800x1105, 139.64K)

I remember GTA San Andreas had a 2 player mode on PlayStation.

It was entertainment based and the product was created for the consumer, now its profit based and the product is created for the bottom line.

Gaming as a hobby is fucking dead.

That looks like a game for trannies.

the indie market is strong and its possible to do well with smaller dev teams
I cant remember the last time I played a triple a title

They were made by people who actualy liked game

Attached: ubi.png (500x817, 230.26K)

>old
>gayemcube
Actual old video games were better because they were unapologetically hard as fuck.

I'll say as a kid I never felt like my Gamecube was lacking.

Trannies weren’t a thing when this game came out. Kind of odd how your mind goes right to trannies though.

because they were competing and innovating instead of just milking the brand with releases.
>ray capitalism
because they were independent instead of DARPA-subsidized
>ray free market

Stop talking bollocks.

Most of the people I know are fully on board with all of it even though they whine and complain. I have friends whining and complaining about gran turismo 7 but all of them paid full price, all of them buy cars for 40$ a pop, all of them still play it. What do they expect? We have what 40 years worth of games to choose from but since everyone needs the newest thing regardless of how terrible it is it just gets worse and worse.

It's not the 80s anymore where everyone is at the mercy of atari and their quality control. You can literally play anything you want

Attached: 1638229429639.png (958x708, 471.67K)

How fucking wrong and retarded. This is what happens when your only frame of reference for the world is the internet and the media you consume. Video games were most definitely for normies and they were trying to make it as normal and "for the family" as possible and have finally succeeded in that front. Video games used to be good because
1. Limitations forced creativity in all aspects both artistic and technical. Lots of cool video game mechanics and old artistic effects were consequences of limited tech.

2. Games were designed to be very difficult (first to steal your quarters, then to make your home game experience last longer) so they felt challenging, which is rewarding (hand holding mechanics would be the opposite of this philosophy)

3. Games were designed to have high replayability. No online and not every game was multiplayer, this meant they were made with a certain rhythm that would allow you to play the game over and over without getting bored.

A good example of this is Sonic, which had cool momentum and parallax scrolling mechanics due to limitations, saving wasn't as seamless as it was now so you had to really memorize a level to beat it in full and in time and speed was EARNED, by mastering the level and the mechanics so well you could actually go fast, like what the game is all about, without immediately crashing into an obstacle to slow you down.

People actually put care into them and they polished them before releasing it.

They were better because they were built better. They had 1 chance to get it right. They couldn’t half-ass it and then just send a patch via download. Also, the games were a complete adventure with clear and concise goals and directions. You could pick it up, play your way through and feel satisfied. Now, the games never end. You have to be online to play most of them. There are micro transactions and DLC that overshadows the game. There are too many games as well. Too much to choose from. It’s just a worn out industry.

The engineers and developers along with their managers were white or japanese men who truly enjoyed creating something fun and special. nowadays 50% of game companies are non-productive women who are only capable of pushing progressive ideology, they cannot create anything fun, its impossible for women

Go watch the early days of development meetings for WoW and then compare them to more decent ones.

The developers of games back in the day did it because they liked making games to he fun and adventurous. Now it's just a huge cash cow.

All the original ideas that made blizzard big were just d n d campaigns, the original crew were actually inventive and creative. Notice how nothing really new has some out for any of those franchises? Because all those guys retired or quit.

They offered a sense of accomplishment given the brutal difficulty.

Attached: Vidya.jpg (2860x2184, 1.32M)