Religion

I want to hear arguments for why we need religion. I made a thread on here a while ago about why religion is unneeded and people opposed my thoughts with arguments that were far from bullet proof.

Also, I think the argument of "we would have no culture without religion" and "how would we have a moral basis within society?"

Firstly, let me ask you a question. Kangaroos are undoubtedly part of Australian culture, and religion is apparently needed to have any culture. So are Kangaroos religious? Because I think they couldn't give less of a fuck about whether God exists or not.

Secondly, I have no idea where people get the idea that we need the Bible to have some sort of moral basis, whether that be personal or societal. This argument doesn't work for two reasons. Firstly, if people truly did not have a moral basis before Moses was given the Ten Commandments by God, then what were humans doing those thousands of years before that? Well if no one (before that time) had moral bases, they would blindly be stealing, raping and murdering each other blindly - right? But if they truly were to do that, humans would have gone extinct a long, long time ago. Secondly, read the text from the Bible called "Elisha Is Jeered" (2 Kings 2:23-25) and tell me how - in any way - it is moral.

Attached: download.png (88x84, 1.74K)

Pardon the typos please, just a bit tired.

majority people are extremists
they cannot take a middle path
they are also easily manipulated
vaccine mandate should demonstrate it
religion is tool to reign them in

Religion is politics. The definition of what religion is still debated. When you replace meta physics we end up with materialism. The super natural is hard wired into the human psyche. The criticism of religious doctrines and superstitions are perfectly justified. Opposing meta physics is unnatural and leads to nihilism.
Your definition of religion is simply meta physics when it's a combination of both.

politics = business
so:
religion = business

As long as you acknowledge that race comes before religion, it doesn't really matter what you believe. (unless it's kikery, of course)

Attached: Franco chad.jpg (2000x2000, 402.72K)

Can I see your real flag? Saging until then

Politics is more realted to religion than it is to business. The definition of politics is basically to govern. Thats exactly what religion does.
Business can to but it's less governmental.

>Politics is more realted to religion than it is to business
naive

Where is the lie?

People are gonna cling to religion or find a substitute, always, because it do.

Attached: oscar-gamble-2jpg-b9fc34a78c031a06.jpg (1280x1185, 203.64K)

Religious platitudes are a political tool, but behind closed doors money is what really talks. Politicians are beholden to the lobbies that fund them, ie big business.

Okay, nihilism doesn't happen in the absence of religion. Nihilism when they reject religion AND moral prinipals. One of the arguments I made was that we do not need religion for a moral framework. If you reject morals then you are more of a sadist in my opinion. And rejection of meta physics does not always lead to materialism, and even if it did what would be bad about that?

>why do we need religion
Because people need to feel accountable and like there is some cosmic calculator that will, eventually, make everything fair and just.

I don’t know why a lot of people have this need. But I’ve seen a lot of atheist or just generally spiritual people fall off the rails and into serious addiction. The one day the find Jesus or Islam or whatever and they clean up their act and live objectively cleaner and healthier lives.

Why is that? I don’t know. I think I have some
Undiagnosed neuro divergent issues because I have a hard time relating and understanding quite a few people. But I’ve seen this cycle repeat many many times. I’ve seen objectively shitty people turn into fairly decent humans by finding some organized religion.

This is only in places like America where there is separation between church and state with religious freedom. Everyone knows that Americans are materialists. I agree with your point, they are materialism is mostly their religion, but in a theocracy things are different. Things are owned by the religious institutions.
They hold limitations on materialism and use meta physics as their religion. One example would be superstition. They create a scenario where something unnatural has happened. It then becomes ''holy'' and a place of worship.

You're wrong because the majority of political action is stirred by corporate funded lobbyists.

>Nihilism when they reject religion AND moral principles
I've noticed that most religious people are nihilists by proxy or defacto nihilists in practice who just so happen to believe in something, the lines are so blurred with that I can't even really tell much of a difference between the average nihilist atheist and religious person, remove the belief in god and they're identical.

Also materialism is a form of meta physics, so I'm not sure how rejection of meta physics leads to meta physics. If rejecting meta physics leads to meta physics, then it is inferentially impossible to reject meta physics, meaning your argument is null.

I'm not. Read my comment above. The problem with Americans is that they only see from their own perspective. The American left and right aren't representation of left and right wing politics. They live in their own bubble and think their views represent the world. They literally think liberal conservatives are ''right wing''.

I think this problem is everywhere, not just USA. Even in a very "theocratic" country like Iran you see how the industries drive the politicians, not the other way round.

Thank you for the reply IQYO16AN, that was a good response.