Why is all grocery store fruit as hard as a rock? Can't they just simply sell ripe fruit? It's ridiculous...

Why is all grocery store fruit as hard as a rock? Can't they just simply sell ripe fruit? It's ridiculous. This shit tastes nothing like it used to back in my day.

Attached: file.png (728x1092, 1.04M)

>back in my day fruit actually tasted good and you got what you paid for
kek shut the fuck boomer

it's over, just buy canned fruit

>Can't they just simply sell ripe fruit
No, boomer. Its too expensive and you want raspberries in January. Remember, you asked for this.

So that it doesn't rot on the shelf.

fruit is in a constant state of various ripeness, i'm sure it doesn't take touching more than like three peaches before you find one you like you fuckin retard. also, i buy nearly-ripe bananas because i dont eat them all at once like an animal. slightly less than ripe gives you a few extra days

Kys, groomer, we're talking about actual fruits, not you and your friends

Its not ripe yet retard.
Stores don't want to bring in ripe fruit because it's going to go bad earlier. They bring in unripe fruit because it will last longer on the shelf.

Grow it in your own garden and stfu, nigger

>not you and your friends

Attached: 791F2651-C71A-48C4-83B2-29F04BA93479.jpg (2544x4000, 381.85K)

it gets shipped in cold, it needs a day or two to soften up you fucking pillock

Yeah what is faggot OP talking about? Just wait until a peach is soft to the touch but not mushy.
>t. Georgia Boy

You still get good peaches there, lots of places get these rock hard shit peaches that never ripen. They want them hard so they ship easier without bruising. Farmer's market local peaches are usually fine.

It's the GMO in the fruit. The GMO is programed to keep the fruit hard while in the store and it gets soggy a day or two after you take it out of the store.

Attached: 1637032921164.jpg (3000x2011, 1.01M)

goddamn i love ripe peaches but its the same thing. theyre always extremely firm when I buy them and it takes a few days for them to soften.

If they sold fresh fruit none of it would be on the shelves by the time rot would happen.

Going to the produce section for fruit is basically deciding that you want a peach, pear, or whatever a few days into the future.

Attached: Mitch-Hedberg-quote-My-friend-asked-me-if-I-wanted-a-frozen-banana.-I-said-No-but-I-want-a-regular-banana-later-so...-yeah.jpg (934x622, 70.93K)

Lmao have you ever eaten fruit?

It's also the irradiation that keeps it from rotting which is another reason euro fruits and vegetables suck.

Attached: images (51).jpg (274x184, 12.73K)

Venerable sire, fruit is excellent, from the seed, and the soil, nutritious, actual food, garden of eden pilled. Fuck off.

All you have to do is keep them in a paper bag for 2 days. The glasses they emit will ripen them. I just had a nectarine today. Was fantastic

>cant they just sell ripe fruit?
No, they can't. Can't you wait for the fruit to ripen at home? Or are you too much of a retard that you can't plan ahead?
>me want peach now
>why peach hard as rock?
>jew did this
Please fucking kill yourself retard

Because if the fruit is already ripe in the store, by the time you take it home it will... HAHAHA nice try, I'm not posting seriously in a thread intended for a different board.

Attached: 1641529737226.jpg (960x640, 269.16K)

You moron if the fruit was ripe it would be rotten within the day not to mention how little time you would have to eat it at home.

Fruit are transported in nitrogen fridge containers. They are picked before they are ripe, so they can have a liberal sell-by date when they reach the grocery store.

The issue now, and it will only get worse, is that grocers and chain stores are extending the expiration dates to minimize turnover and disposal, due to inflation and rising costs. So the fruit are frozen in even lower temperatures, and are picked even sooner. That results in more unripe fruit at the stores, as well as more fruit that's close to rotting.

bugs taste great year round, stop falling for Big Fruit propaganda

Attached: natures jellybeans.jpg (1210x1613, 540.3K)

>You still get good peaches there, lots of places get these rock hard shit peaches that never ripen.

This. Half the time my peaches never ripen. They get soft but aren't sweet and taste like shit. Something has changed with peaches the past few years, at least in my area (Kansas City). I still get good ones sometimes, but very hit or miss to the point I often skip buying them because I don't want shitty ones again.

>Yeah what is faggot OP talking about? Just wait until a peach is soft to the touch but not mushy.
I forgot that "waiting" is a concept.

Attached: 1641085756126.webm (460x250, 1.44M)

This shit is so fucking fake

grow your own produce. obviously you probably cant grow a peach tree, but some things are super easy and the quality is way higher when you grow it at home and can pluck them at peak ripeness. tomatoes have the biggest difference. technically tomatoes are berries, and they dont keep well being trucked to a supermarket. theyre also really easy to grow at home. potting soil is cheap, and its a fun activity that replaces time on the internet.

I don't think you understand how much food gets thrown out in grocery stores, and what thin margins they operate at

It's bred for long shelf life and to look good.