Why has the majority of Any Forums never heard of the Assyrians...

Why has the majority of Any Forums never heard of the Assyrians? What are the political implications of mainly jewish historians glossing over 4,000 years of history and hundreds of civilization-changing inventions, instead deducing mesopotamian history to babylon and sumer. Why don’t they want you to hold them in the same regard as the Romans and Greeks? Why do they only focus on how they were so “brutal” as an empire?

Attached: 404E5FDA-100C-4A6D-8FEE-F480BC70A402.jpg (750x445, 132.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythians
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why has the majority of Any Forums never heard of the Assyrians?
That's just you nigger.

no it’s not, but thanks for the bump.

jews didnt exist in assyria
merchants did though
romans expressed as much in lex mercatoria

How does that discount anything I said? And it’s not true. Assyrians would deport people from their own lands who didn’t willingly submit themselves to the King of Assyria, if they were useful, like skilled artisans for example, they would be taken to Assyria to work

these assyrians sound pretty cool,i know about the scythians and the mycaneans but can i get redpilled on these assyrians

The scythians were first mentioned by the Assyrians and eventually it is theorized they became a vassal

Assyrians are based
Ive had Assyrian friends for years
We disagree heavily about Sadaam kek but we just bust eachothers chops about it

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythians

Attached: 61EB9470-BA29-410A-AE61-F53E554ED57C.jpg (1170x2127, 1.13M)

the empire was very big it seems

Based. Disagree about Saddam how? I personally like Saddam because he did a lot of good for Iraq. And Assyrians were plentiful in his time. After he was gone, Assyrian population dramatically declined in their homeland. However, Saddam didn’t like disunity and separatism from Iraq, which is an understandable point of view. Yeah, generally i think we are pretty cool people. Thanks user for the kind words.

The Assyrians came so close to eradicating the Jews, if only their religion didn't demand them to make war with their neighbors.

In its time, yes, very large. Of course later Persian empire dwarfed it. But still, in its time, it was a massive achievement to subjugate all of these people. Keep in mind there is no surely definitive map of the extent of the empire at its height but this is probably a pretty accurate one.

Attached: 03E4CC83-591F-4FBE-8D62-8477AEFF88D3.jpg (1170x1094, 611.74K)

>Literally every fucking single history textbook starts from the assyrians
>Muh secret assyrians
Better luck on reddit

>starts on Assyrians
>who were the assyrians?
>well they were a brutal empire, the end.
>who were the jews?
>WELL THEY INVENTED MONOTHEISM AND GOD AND JESUS HEHEHHE
How many movies or video games have you seen about the Assyrians?

>Why has the majority of Any Forums never heard of the Assyrians?
You need to leave

Im an incel

Assyria is the only known civilization that showcased their brutality. They did it in their halls and artworks to showcase to visitors. It's assumed they did this as a form of intimidation. We don't know for sure.

We do know that they were a little bit like Rome with an army focused on plundering, it's how they paid the army. Even when Assyria wasn't at war they'd be fighting someone within the Empire.

Attached: blade.png (1850x1270, 1.51M)

People don't want to hear about history unless it involves Europeans. Who the fuck is going to watch a movie about Assyrians? Not even middle easterners care because by the time Arab Muslims dominated the middle east, the Assyrians were already relegated to plains of the Levant.

>the only known civilization that showcased their brutality
Please, don’t be ridiculous. But yes because conquest was a virtue to them.

Attached: E7BFD192-2799-4AC0-A2EF-9A5A82F13E52.jpg (500x355, 74.63K)

Victorian england the Assyrian exhibits at the British Museum were by far the most popular. And they liked to make a lot of jewelry based on Assyrian designs. So yes, a lot of people WERE interested. But for some reason that interest was stifled. There were popular movies too in the 60s about Assyria.

Attached: A49E8036-FC81-4EBA-B492-61FC104C5E70.jpg (230x345, 39.83K)

Because they were a bunch of chariot cucks. People only care about history when they started actually figuring out massed combat

Greeks and Romans made artwork of everything. Assyrian reliefs were often dedicated to how they punished their enemies. They put this up in the halls of their royal palaces where foreign dignitaries visited. Nobody else did this kind of shit. If you were a vassal visiting Rome or Persepolis you were not going to witness this kind of thing.

Historians are a bit divided over it, they think it was more of a propaganda tactic to scare their dominion into submission. Because Persia and Rome also treated traitors and rebellions just as brutally.

Attached: 1_5t1R7BXz9JUVd-KZyWw8gg.jpg (1280x820, 349.48K)

Yes it is. Assyrians are one of the few commonly known near eastern civilizations because of the part they play in the bible.

Bump for interesting thread

it just isn't going to market well in the cinema. It's going to be a story involving Assyrians and Jews anyway. Nobody gives a shit about the actual major events of Assyria fighting Babylonians, Elamites, Egyptians, Medians, etc.
They might get to it eventually once they finish exploring all the other stories of history. Everyone is tired of hearing about Romans, Greeks and soon tired of the Vikings. Theyre working their way round the civs. A story about Assyrians would be fucking awesome but average people just aren't going to care.

Of course i have heard of it, because every 2nd arab in this country claims to be one, and yes, i know being called arabs upset them.

>often dedicated
Yes but it was not the only thing they made art about. Why are you acting like conquest in the ancient world was not something that was worthy of making stone reliefs about?

Attached: 7BD19CCE-122C-45DD-A73B-0BAA833B4384.jpg (2932x2712, 2.17M)

>yes i know being called arabs upset them.
Maybe because they don’t speak arabic and aren’t arabs. They’re not even muslim.

ok arab