Lake Mead

Is the south west fucked?

Attached: EXPLAINER-LAKE-MEAD.jpg (4000x2639, 1.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NCBG_aVkv4s
svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/10721
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i want every single american to die painfully right now

its only low because federal governement requires them to send water down stream instead of conserving it with how low all the lakes are getting they are just going to stop soon like lake powell lol

Not only are they running out of water, but Vegas gets something like a third of its electricity from the Hoover Dam, which is no longer able to operate because Mead has drained so much.

If we needed to truck water in from hundreds of miles away to keep these places supplied we'll do it, whatever the cost it'd be lest than just outright abandoning Denver, Phoenix, Santa Fe, etc.

Any info around this? The lake has dropped like 5ft in just the last 30 days alone. Some of the damn pumps have completely come out of the water.

imagine being so retarded you build massive cities in the desert with no rivers, just a LAKE for water. and your entire survival depends on the LAKE not running out of water over the next decades and centuries. friggin idiots, learn to build on rivers like we do in the Midwest. we have more water than we know what to do with, sometimes I fill a cup with water and put it on my bedside table and forget to even drink it. it goes bad and i pour it down the drain, wasted

Fuck you, die in a hole. You chose to live in the desert.

what does it look like right now? i heard its even worse.

captcha: h20nj kek

NEED MORE IMMIGRANTS
Smh why can't the left comprhend that problem and reality.

Fucking retards trying to use the colorado river to FARM in a DESERT. You reap what you sow.

Imagine living in a country named after a basketball player LMAO

It's dropped dramatically so far this year.
youtu.be/NCBG_aVkv4s

This is due to inflation

>Denver
>Desert
This is how little these people understand geography. It's pathetic.

Import more shitskins i am sure that is going to fix the problem

Damn built in the 1930's for States that had populations anywhere from 25% to 10% of the current population.

Unplanned and uncontrolled growth along with open borders.

Could have built desalination plants and or a pipeline from lake Michigan decades ago.

Politicians just couldn't say no to real estate developers.

Cancel all pending building permits and assess impact fees on any new ones going forward.

Monsoon season just started and California is getting huge cuts.

not my problem

Attached: 1649733588062.jpg (2979x1683, 1.08M)

Soon

Dream of californication!

This

das spoopy

It will be when all the illegals get federal money to relocate to the midwest and get grant money for free homes and fuck up your neighborhoods.

Let California die of dehydration to save the lakes

>spics
oh the fucking irony. Kek

How many dams have been torn down in the last two decades in California and the rest of the West?

Attached: Press_Your_Luck.gif (200x150, 7.7K)

It is low because they have had shitty snowfall with only two or three good years in last two decades. Combine that with overuse of water by all involved parties while everyone know things are going to get shittier.

They have upgraded the some of the turbines in recent years. Electricity generation going off is about 100ft from current levels, complete dead pool where they can't allow it to flow at all is about 100ft bellow that. In that case agriculture in Imperial Valley and Arizona are about get fucked few times worse than they already are.

Denver is upstream of Lake Mead. Phoenix, LA, San Diego and everyone downstream are ones that get fucked.

They built modern day Sodom and Gomorrah on mostly desert and semi desert areas. LA and Las Vegas. Built 'em around cars and now that climate change is showing up idiots that off road with 5t trucks for shits and giggles are about get fucked, they have no clue what might have caused it.

It's about to be shortly as every beaner, nigger and white liberal in the southwest floods into your state. Have fun

Lake Sneed LOL

Or rather, apparently not

>How many dams have been torn down in the last two decades in California and the rest of the West?
Around 100 and most of those have been small irrigation dams that were more or less useless.

About to revert back into Chuck's Canyon.

Neat

Attached: 1655521725545.png (259x129, 83.43K)

Woah they named a whole country after Michel Jordan?!?

What did lake Meade look like in 1890?
Now you see the problem.

formerly chuckucknuck in the tongue of the natives

yes

There are too many Mexicans in California. The state allowed too many in and now there aren't enough resources for that area to be sustainable. They will bleed Lake Mead and the whole Colorado River supply dry.

>when you don't need a bridge to your island anymore
Also, need to install some new New Vegas mods.

Attached: Cat Cope.jpg (409x393, 26.66K)

This is a warning to you midwestern faggot mother fuckers, you will give your water or you will die. Your water is our birth right and we have nukes.

Attached: fallout-new-vegas-caesars-legion-mmom34yh3kwhar2r.jpg (900x506, 70.94K)

>on mostly desert and semi desert areas. LA and Las Vegas.
LA literally borders the pacific ocean.

>i want every single american to die painfully right now
before I die, my number 1 goal is make sure Jordan gets nuked, or at least invaded and destroyed. Im almost there, Im high up in the military and we are currently in discussions about different projects with Jordan. Your time will be soon sand nigger faggot

Attached: 1555862008569.jpg (400x377, 32.47K)

The Colorado river is flowing at 640 m3/s, that's a shitload of water. Someone's wasting water in huge amounts.

You have to be over 12 to post here.

Look at this you liberal retards, you think this is sustainable? Do you think these are white people who have sooo many kids? Lmao, you fucking destroyed an environment just so some corporate fucks could have cheaper laborers.

Attached: californias-population-figure-1.png (676x414, 7.42K)

they and you wouldn't survive the winters

Attached: DyAV_wOWsAADCyF.0.jpg (3500x2320, 1.2M)

The lake fluctuates quite a lot over time, but the demand for water is so high right now because of all the droughts over the last few years that the level is just dropping like a rock.

If you look at past imagery of Lake Mead the levels have varied quite a lot over time, likely because in non-drought years in the past they have been able to let the water level rise again, but because there's just no relief from drought out west now they can't do that anymore, and have to continuously let the water flow.

svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/10721

Watch the video in the related link, it's really interesting just to see how developed Las Vegas has become, as well as see how Lake Mead has changed over time.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2552x2832, 1.84M)

We're gonna build a pipeline from lake Michigan to Phoenix, pal.
Based

Who touched your no-no place? Was it your daddy or the family goat?

When lake mead dries there will be a refugee crisis of monumental proportions. Everyone from the south east will have to go somewhere. Problem being there isn’t enough “where” to go. I smell I gigantic housing crisis in the next decade.

>small irrigation dams
So they held water for farms and shit who are now totally reliant on the water from the Colorado and those other depleted reservoirs?

Lake SNEED

I always think this when I’m in Vegas.

the people in the cities will probably be fine. they'll have to ration water pretty strictly and the lifestyle change will drive some people away but I don't think it will be apocalyptic or anything. the farmers though will get completely fucked. they either won't have any water for their crops due to rationing or the water will be so fucking expensive that they end up having to sell out.

Listen here you false-flagging fuck. Legion are some mid-country bastards expanding west under the name of some Califag. Random rural slaves unified under some "educated" prick from the coast.

Attached: NCR Ranger.jpg (1920x1080, 400.45K)