Serious Question:

Could the United States drastically decrease gun ownership and therefore gun deaths by taxing the shit out of them and bullets?

If a glock costs like $600 USD and they just add a 200% tax on top of it, doesn't that just end up preventing a sale of guns? And if you think that the underground trade would be any better, the answer is no because you would effectively increase the price even for them.

If something that used to cost $600 costs $1,800 now, criminals would also follow the incentive and try and sell it for something between $600 and $1,800 because they too want to turn a profit on their illegal goods. Not to mention, it would mean that law-abiding citizens would not buy them if they can't afford them and that itself would cut down on accidental gun deaths because fewer people would have them.

Can any Americans tell me that would be constitutional? I would think so, since you can tax alcohol and cigarettes...

>inb4 3d printing
>inb4 Mexican cartel
I just want to know if this is legal.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1310x620, 75.86K)

why would we want to

>707 for a 19x
>537 for a 43x
Lol lamo even

Cant tax a right dumb shit
fix your own shithole

>criminals would also follow the incentive
illegal guns? there is no such thing

i know you arent interested in a good faith discussion but ill answer as if you were
no its not legal
any and all gun control is unconstitutional
but that doesnt really matter
the illegitimate federal government will continue doing whatever they want

'Illegal' guns are cheaper RIGHT NOW retard

Attached: 1653157827817.jpg (720x678, 76.2K)

That's the next step retarded states will try. They've been talking about it for years. It would probably get challenged it court

this but unironically, there are 0 illegal guns and 0 legal guns, you own a gun or you dont

You don't have a right to alcohol and cigarettes. You cannot levy special gun taxes, and really the whole industry should be exempt from taxes at all points of manufacture and sale.
>inb4 nfa
That is unconstitutional too and the Texas Silencer case is poised to end it by next year.

without even checking i'm gonna go with the vast majority of crimes involving guns being committed using unregistered/stolen/otherwise illegally possessed guns

No, this will just make a massive black market for guns. It will probably cause the white working class to start forming connections, ties and cause with the Cartels. It would literally be the stupidest thing they could do.

prohibitive taxes on rights are also unconstiutional.

Courts will overturn this. Or everyone will buy from the next state over that doesn't have these taxes.

>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Why is this so difficult for dumbasses to understand?

It would be legal to tax guns and ammo 200%. We only have the right to keep and bear arms at any public location like a school or court.

>I just want to know if this is legal.
It's not.

No, the new court decision explicitly forbids making access to a gun onerously lengthy or economically inaccessible. Any hypertax would have to prove it does not run afoul of either test (which it would, because that's the whole point).

"Can't we functionally ban something by putting exorbitant taxes on it?"

SCOTUS will see right through that bullshit

So poor people shouldn't be able to defend themselves, despite being in areas where the police are going to take their sweet fucking time doing anything, if at all?

Attached: No obligation to save you.jpg (563x450, 42.16K)

What a cute

Shut the fuck up you retarded leaf. Retards like you are the reason our gun laws are worse than commiefornia or New York. Kys

>here is your $600 snickers bar sir
>and a FREE promotional item to go with it, enjoy!

>Fentanyl floods the country from overseas, at a seriously reduced price, when domestic and South American black tar Heroin (a much safer and more predictable opiate) seems to significantly dry up.

>Cheap weapons flood the country from overseas, at a seriously reduced price, when domestic and South American Cartel-linked firearms (both are far more reliable and less likely to malfunction in potentially deadly ways) dry up as a result of tough legislation.

I see no reason why the same places that produce Fentanyl (china white heroin as it was known) wouldn't also create discount firearms, firearms that were sometimes not even capable of handling the barrel pressure for its assigned cartidge.

As above and so below
As in guns and so in snow

tl;dr

It's a tax stamp to tongue my anus you fucking leaf. Pay up.

Attached: 1620363330750.gif (600x726, 1021.26K)

> decrease gun ownership and therefore gun deaths
Try making sense, you delusional cunt.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

The eternal rebuttal:

>criminals don't give a shit about laws
>still get stolen guns
>the only thing shit like this does is disarm people that follow the laws

Thats not how it works nigger. Just because there is a car shortage and the price of new cars has shot up doesn't mean you still cant find old shitty ones for $2000.

There will always be cheap guns, they just might not be the ones you want to use.

No.
Constitutional law recognizes any tax sufficient to deprive the average American of access to the item in question as equivalent to a ban.
So, as a hypothetical, if the supreme court declared that alcohol was a constitutional right and couldn't be banned, the US government couldn't just pass a law making all alcohol 100x more expensive to reduce sales, because that's equivalent to a ban for the vast majority of Americans.

Then we can just pack the courts or dissolve SCOTUS.

No, because such a tax would be in violation of the second amendment as it’s designed to be prohibitive, and therefore illegal.