I make 140k/yr in software engineering

I make 140k/yr in software engineering.
I work remote from a small town in the midwest.
Today I did not even work 1 hr.
I have had this job for 4 years.
There are people I work with who make about as much as me and dont even get as much done as me. They probably work 1 hr a week. It makes me want to work even less.

Wtf is going on bros? Why are we paid so much for so little? Does anyone else feel this?

Attached: flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 51.62K)

how do i get your job? what qualifications

Man... I wish I could get such treatment!

Attached: 1653854593665.jpg (4000x3000, 1.91M)

I get paid $90k/year for a similar situation and I was thinking the exact same thing. As I was falling asleep for my second nap of the day I woke up suddenly remembering I needed to send one email and set my status on Skype to "Do Not disturb". I was counting my blessings today for sure, I don't think I would want 2x what I make now if I had to work 40 hours a week because I make what I do working less than 10, all work from home.

Let's just hope we don't get a serious return to office notification. They recommend 3 days a week but I never fucking go. And maybe that will kill my upward mobility who knows. I'm content making what I do today

You have to like writing code. There are boot camps that teach coding to adults for free. Just search onlinein your city.

where the company you work for is located (like the city) I have a fucking degree in CS and stats with minor in eco from a top university in Canada and I can't find a fucking job. Shit sucks man.

I'm doing a bachelor's in "computer science and software engineering" right now, am I doing it right? will get it by 2025.

Also I think it boils down to you are competent and have the skillets needed. I know I am actually very fucking smart but underutilized. My bosses see that and probably put up with more shit from me than they would a normal employee.

Once in a while you do have to work a solid project and get some serious results but 90% of the time it's naps and playing video games while the checks cash. So don't undersell yourself either a lot of people couldn't do your job. You work so little because you have it down to a science how easy it is to churn out what you need to.

Send me money pls Im hungry

I feel the same man. I keep getting emails from recruiters - but I dont want to work someplace qhere I might have to actually work. How can I compare working a full 40hr week. I am effectively paid 500/hr.

A part of me wonders if all this easy money is an effect of 14 years of fed free money printing and if this time.is coming to an end.

You're lying but it's totally normal and reasonable to make a few thousand dollars for an hour of work when you're an expert and most people couldn't even begin to solve whatever problem you're solving.
I do database conversion. Moving data across different applications. I get a minimum of 300/hr. It's more expensive to hire a street shitter to retype everything by hand for 3/hr than to hire me to write a script that converts all your data and checks it for inconsistencies. 300/hr is cheap. Look at it from a business perspective. Either i pay 20 retards a few thousand dollars to cause problems or I pay one white man a few hundred to solve problems. This goes across any technical field, it's not relegated to software. So there's your reason.nwh2h

Attached: 1652563153992.gif (492x376, 326.7K)

Your jobs will be purged when shit really hits the fan and your companies start trimming fat.

Even if that doesn't happen, your soul will decay over time as your subconcious realizes you're no better than a parasite.

>participating in the economy under your real name
ngmi

Post proof. But you won't so you are a liar.

Its a finance startup in NYC. I knew someone who got me in. I met the person via an old job that was not remote.

Remote jobs are very difficult to get if you dont know anyone. Atleast from my experience interviewing.

>A part of me wonders if all this easy money is an effect of 14 years of fed free money printing and if this time.is coming to an end.
It is and it will.

Since Canada. Have u tried Shopify? They ate full remote but used to be in Ottawa.

>I have a degree
There's your problem. You went to brainwashing camp instead of getting experience. You can never get those years back. Compare yourself to people 8 years younger and you'll stop feeling behind.

Yes

Thanks fren. Its what I choose to believe as well.

140k in software engineering is like entry level. i been doing this for 6 years and i earn 250k and im not at the top at all