MIKE ROWE: THERE'S A LABOR SHORTAGE OF DIESEL TECHNICIANS!

Has Mike 'the hardest working man in showbiz' Rowe got a point?

Mike Rowe on diesel technician shortage: 'The math ain’t good'

“Sometimes things have to go splat before they get better,” Rowe offered. “I don't know what splat really looks like in this case, but I do know that the math ain’t good.”

Rowe cited the 11.5 million open jobs overall in the U.S. Along with the deficit of diesel techs, the country also needs new truck drivers, welders, plumbers, electricians, and several other skilled trades workers. The big issue is that four out of five of these [11.5 million] open jobs do not require a college degree, yet the educational system is still promoting four-year colleges and universities as the surest pathway to success.

“You’ve got $1.7 trillion in student loans on the books, and parents and guidance counselors are still telling a whole generation of kids that they're going to be screwed if they don't get a four-year degree,” Rowe surmised. “We’re lending money we don't have to kids who are never going to be able to pay it back to train them for jobs that don't exist anymore. Meanwhile, in your industry, 80,000 positions are sitting there wide open.”

fleetowner.com/operations/article/21242644/mike-rowe-on-diesel-technician-shortage-the-math-aint-good

Attached: mike-rowe-new-show.jpg (1240x775, 231.69K)

>Neither Biden nor Trump do anything because their Jeiwsh handlers don't want to solve any problems
He has a point but fuck all is going to be done about the problem

Sorry sweatie, electric trucks are the future

>work like a slave, for a slaves wage in a country that hates you and wants you dead
>why oh why wont they listen?

Also I can guarantee you getting the cert for electric car maintenance will pay better, and be a cleaner work environment than being a diesel guy.

I'd be a diesel tech tomorrow if it paid well. But not for $20/hr.

Meanwhile in reality electric trucks have extremely limited range and the required minerals and metals fort the batteries are in limited supply and only mined by China, so .... mmmyeah your bait sucks

yeah but they're going to super easy work for fleet techs

Cool. Where do I go to get PAID to learn to be a diesel tech?

I make $27hr just re-filling construction vehicles on worksites. Why the fuck would I go to a trade school to make the same if not less? Fuck being a mechanic, it's unironically one of the worst trades out there overall.

Attached: 1591120899530.png (512x512, 328.62K)

dumb coke addict boomer

>$35/hr starting wage is slavery

Diesel tech here in Australia earn great cash and as long as your not working on trucks it's easy enough work
T diesel tech

Exactly right about battery supply. Electric trucking is at least a decade away.

IF they ever happen... easily over a decade away, if ever

>He's never handled lubricant

>The big issue is that four out of five of these [11.5 million] open jobs do not require a college degree
Yeah, and they're horrible deadend jobs. The most shit thing that Mike "I work harder" Rowe will never tell you is slaving in a 101° factory for 10 hours 6 days a week is a miserable existence.

ok. ill be a diesel tech for $300k. dont like it? then fuck off

>what's wrong with the vehicle
>troubleshooting chart says either wire 17465 is bad or component x is bad
>cool switch them both out and get it out of here
Parts are more expensive and the machines are more difficult to work on due to the amount of plastics

Everyone with a brain just does their mechanic work in Mexico, there isn't a shortage, they just can't survive in the States because it's too expensive.

>t slave

>Mike 'the hardest working man in showbiz' Rowe

How hard does he work? What do they mean by "harder?"

Become a cnc machinist. You can get very gravy jobs. At my last company I legit only worked 2 hours of my 8 hour day because the rest of the time I was just watching the machine run.

Yep, every diesel tech prob supports a single immigrant family with their taxes, great choice goy!

Fuck Mike Rowe.

Attached: Screenshot_20220617-212007_Brave.jpg (708x718, 194.13K)

>Become a cnc machinist.

What certs are needed for this kind of work?

How ?

the problem with these jobs is that they don't pay enough to make the cost of the education worthwhile. In saner times companies would hire unskilled apprentices to learn the trade and then give them decent incentives to stick with the job when they have the needed skills. That won't work in the modern world because most of the intelligent young people have no work ethic, and the others are too stupid to be trusted with such an important job. It's all about the ongoing degeneration of the west.

I learned everything on the job and you probably could too. People usually go to trade school to learn though.

everyone that I know that got into trades committed suicide from work pain or got cancer.

How fucking obvious does it have to be when some opera singer's side gig is whip-cracking?
God, I hate fucking people.

I have a bachelors and xp working on diesel power generators in the military and got told to fuck off from around 3-4 diesel tech jobs, I am finally employed now(not as a diesel tech) but wtf

> “don’t go to college and go into to debt, just become a diesel mechanic!!”

> applies to become a diesel mechanic

> “sorry you don’t have any experience and you didn’t go to school for it!

> look up schools to learn to be diesel mechanic
> all for profit schools that cost 40k a year
> starting salary $20 an hour
> guaranteed to be obsolete in 10 years

“‘Man kids today just don’t want to work!”

>read first sentence
>see memeflag
kys tn ok?

>IF they ever happen
you're going to see them all over rail yards, airfields, and ports
anywhere range doesn't matter

This guy really became a laughing stock when he started opening his mouth huh. Could have just stuck to pretending to do hard work for an hour or so every few months. Motherfucker actually believes he really worked hard all his life hahaha.

>Boomer Jew millionaire trying to shame me into working for minimum wage.

Fuck off mike Rowe. Fuck off and eat a dick.

I know this for sure, we dangle around 100$s of thousands of dollars and shops turn us away. Short staffed small business's with their guys worked to the bone, socks for us all

Ya you have to be careful about that. Thats kinda why I left. My company would try to make me wear masks for covid but wouldn't do anything about the fact I'm breathing carcinogenic dust all day

These jobs don’t pay enough anymore. If you’re not coding or doing design work, you aren’t making shit. $20-30/hr now is garbage. So why be poor and destroy your body working these manual labor jobs when you could just he poor and live on welfare or work at Starbucks and have it easy?

that's a pretty big assumption considering that not a single viable electric Semi-Truck has even been created yet.

There are so many hurdles for these electric semis to overcome that it's pretty stupid to bet your career on them at this point.

Does he make this disgusting smug face on purpose?
My primal slav instincts almost made to punch the screen.

What about setup, checking parts, troubleshooting issues, deburring, making fixtures, replacing tooling, and cleaning? I spent five hours fucking with a fixture this morning. I legit work my ass off in CNC.