Americans fed up with tipping

Bad news, wagies.

But now, experts say there is a perfect storm of factors, including inflation and lack of COVID-19 incentives, leaving increasingly “cranky consumers” waiting for exemplary service before shelling out a little extra at the end.
Traditional tipping etiquette dictates that customers give their servers an extra 15 to 20 percent, before tax, in addition to the price of their meal, according to etiquette site Emily Post.
Yet a recent survey from CreditCards.com revealed that tipping in several categories has fallen below pre-pandemic levels. The number of customers surveyed who said they always tip fell by 4 percentage points from 77 percent in 2019 to 73 percent in 2022. Four percent said they never tip.
“Inflation is cutting into consumers’ purchasing power and a tight labor market has left many service industry businesses understaffed and struggling to provide top-notch customer experiences,” Ted Rossman, senior industry analyst at CreditCards.com, said at the time.

thehill.com/changing-america/enrichment/arts-culture/3531585-why-pandemic-era-tipping-is-ending/

Attached: 671C97BE-6970-4FF4-A117-1A05E725A67E.jpg (1170x2346, 848.04K)

whats with these fuckin takeout places askin for 15% tip. like fuck off ill give you a dollar or two maybe but dont expect shit niggers

Tips were always stupid.

If you're a waitress you can treat your customers like shit now, you can't be fired, and so what if that business disappears. There is always another one,

or you live in a rural area that is dying, so just make the move already!

Percentage tipping is fucking retarded. Why should the server get more money if I order lobster instead of a burger?

It's bankruptcies all the way down, Canukanon.

i would love to hear a tipcucks response to this.

This shit started going off the rails in 2015. I went to a dry cleaners to pick up a suit, and when I was cashing out it wanted a tip. After that, it’s been game over. You know you’re in for a shit show when you walk up to an iPad to check out.
“Do you want to tip 50%, 30%, 25%, 20% or other (in microscopic font)”

I stopped doing sit down restaurants. I will only do takeout, and even now it’s once in a blue moon due to the skyrocketing cost of it. I’ll tip $1 if it’s a place I go to regularly regardless of how much I order.

Only poor people don’t tip. If you’re poor, don’t dine out. Simple as. Also, we remember who doesn’t tip. Think wisely next time you try to chisel us.

Attached: 37DA9396-8E98-4638-A0F9-D10F71C52B07.jpg (1024x803, 357.64K)

Your $1 tip is more insulting than no tip. You’re playing with fire, broke ass.

I will never tip.

Rightfully so, restaurant waiters and waitresses would ban unvaccinated customers from eating, why should we tip them now?

its take out faggot you literally did nothing

Why is some money worse than no money?

Theres a regular beggar around the society where I live. About a month ago he says you got any change? I normally dont but I had a $2 coin in my pocket so I gave it to him. He looks at it and stares at me really filthy like "Is that it?" I walked away feeling like I hadnt gave him enough. I saw him a few days later and he asked for more money, even though I had more I was like "No." and carried on walking. He'll never get another cent out of me fucking entitled faggot grifter

Tipping is one of the most cucked practices, so it is not surprising this is the norm in the US.

IOW niggers don't tip

Gotcha

Fuck niggers trannies jews and jannies

And FUCK YEW.
I tip and as I only go to really good establishments I tip 20%. Faggot, tightwad, shitskin.

just poor niggers

Your unwillingness or, more likely, inability to leave a proper tip shows you are either too poor to be eating out (at best) or that you have disdain for workers. Did you forget the scene from Fight Club? We are the people who do all the things you rely upon. Is it really smart antagonizing us? Stop and think for a moment. I’m trying to help you.

I think you under-estimate how much of the consumer base in general is made up of poor people. The places that serve rich people aren't the ones complaining about tips, hell most of those places work on a tab system for their members.

I am both unwilling and have disdain towards entitled wagies. I carry a bunch of "Trump 2020" bills with me that look like real dollars and I leave that on the table, especially if I think whoever is serving me is a liberal. And theres not a God damn thing you can do about it, clean up my mess, wagie!

No we're not, the Fed hates tipping because they can't track it to tax it. Fuck the Fed.

I agree with the whole percentage thing being dumb.

Also, who tips for takeout?