Reading old forum posts from early 2014

>Reading old forum posts from early 2014
>Everyone is polite, nobody sounds mentally ill, no drama, just want to talk about their hobby
>You never get the sense of passive aggressiveness that permeates throughout forum sites like Reddit today, nor the fakeness. It feels so genuine.
>No fucking politics at all, people don't even make a passing mention of politics
>No social justice shit
>No trannies at all

What the fuck happened between early 2014 and now that fucked everything up on the internet and made it hyper politicized? Was it GG later that year? Was it Trump?

Bros....... I want to go back.

Attached: pepefroggie.jpg (780x438, 37.56K)

>What the fuck happened between early 2014 and now that fucked everything up on the internet and made it hyper politicized?
Twitter, tumblr, and this place right here.

I blame Steve jobs.

>>Reading old forum posts from early 2014
lmao try reading posts from 2002
absolutely fucking insane how basic speech patterns were whittled down

I don't know what forums you're looking at but nah, nah even.

but this is 100% correct but somethingawful did it first and they followed the lead

I know shit was already pretty fucked by 2014, but seeing just how not-fucked it was compared to today made me realize how far the internet has truly fallen.

I typed like an even grander retard back then. You wouldn't want to see my gamefaqs posts.

Reddit is still like that
Come with us user we are all nice there.

2014 was gamergate though what are you on about

It's not the same at all. Even when redditors act normal there is still an aura of mental illness, passive aggressiveness, and fakeness emanating from their posts.

Early 2014

well i won't disagree with the downward trend, i think it's just (american) reddit refugees and general zoomerness of many phone-scrollers and twitter aids. i also think ppl from before '12 are just checked out, i also barely come here or post anymore

I'm not sure what forum you read, but a lot of our current insanity came from the old "based" forums. There was plenty of politics, but most Any Forums posters would get run out of the forums due to the internet being more liberal back then. There were also plenty of trannies, they just kept quiet about it compared to modern ones.

Lad, I was posting on forums in 1999. You have no idea what you missed out on.

NIGGER
NIGGER
NIGGER

2016 election ruined everything

Reddit bans you from some subreddits for even posting in other ones. That is peak mental illness.

Yeah something fucked up happened around 2008-2010. I would see the same whiny "you hate brown people" posting on Facepunch, Something Awful, Reddit (back when they propagandized us into thinking it was "the next Digg"), even here right around that time.
Before then you'd see faggots like that plenty and just move along like with any other fags like furries, but they got really aggressive and confrontational right around 2009.

>Reading old forum posts
dopamine addict detected

>Be on Reddit year ago
>Some gender fluid binary Asian was complaining about how they can't watch TV or movies because nobody looks like it
>Says growing up with a single mom who pointed out how 80s 90s and 00s were evil because they didn't look her child
>I post saying I grew up in a neighborhood with different races and genders and when we played in the street pretending to be power rangers or x men none of us cared if the girl was wolverine or the Mexican kid was magneto or batman
>Get called a racist and I'm misinformed and a terrible person
>Get downvoted to oblivion and banned
>Never go back

Yup such understanding people over on that site

It's why I don't understand how people can think the internet was "better" in terms of "free speech". You may not have been banned for saying that you hated niggers and jews, but you surely would be mocked and ran out of whatever forum you tried to "redpill" (even though that term would come later in life).

>You may not have been banned for saying that you hated niggers and jews
That totally happened back then. Jannies were always fags.
>but you surely would be mocked and ran out
Not really. The dudes who could actually hang never had a problem unless it got droll, only the jannies and their simps, which is probably what ultimately led to the rise of the culture I previously mentioned.
At the very least, the fall of Something Awful can be traced directly back to the instatement of Ozma as a moderator. They'd just ban whenever they couldn't think up a response.

There are all kinds of corporate, special interest groups, and government interests infiltrating social media now. Public spaces are as much the original forums as they are billboards and information warfare points. Controlled speech sites are definitely infiltrated or monitored. Free speech sites are wide open for many different types of attacks many of which most people are unaware of and made to appear genuine.

The internet switched from a pretty much exclusive first world allies domain where everyone was on the same team and generally well off going about their lives to a world wide domain where you're not quite sure of the motives of who you're talking to.

Attached: 1635713364110.jpg (623x613, 264.26K)

>That totally happened back then. Jannies were always fags.
That's why I say you "may" not have been banned back then. But yes, places like Something Awful are some of the earliest examples of what the internet is now.

I’ll still be polite to u Indian user,
Have a great morning sir

2015 was when the tranny william jenner hit
all went downhill at mach 1 from there

i've learned you can not show those people what miserable cretins they are, it's part of their weak psyche and in-group cult mentality. unironically you'll meet nicer people calling you a niggerfaggot than the fake self-interested wholesomeness of a plebbit. one wrong step and the fangs come out

Where all my ConsumptionJunction Bros
At?!

WHERE U AT BRANDINE YOU CRAZY
FUCKING SLOOT

Attached: 86F63421-0F38-446E-9774-4130D588D66E.jpg (650x1625, 185.83K)

The difference is that things accelerated by 2014-16. You cannot pinpoint one catalyst but I would say social media and financial crisis of 08 are the biggest factors.

It's my fault for using common sense towards someone with clear mental disorders. I can't imagine being a they/them whatever the fuck and growing up having a single mom tell me that movies and tv are bad because nobody is a they/them.

it's a botnet you retard, you literally talk with bots here most of the time