Wealthy people have less empathy

>wealthy people have less empathy
>poor people share more and are more understanding

reality:
>talk to poor person
>they constantly belittle your problems and can't stop complaining about their own problems
>tell them any of your problems and they say that your problem isn't a problem and that you should stop crying

Where does the myth come from that poor people have more empathy? My experience is the complete opposite. Their whole world is focused around their own problems.

Attached: 234234432.jpg (704x396, 46.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/un6b4o.mp4
journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0899764020977667
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Soon we will all be poor then we will find out why

Poverty is a state of mind, some have it permanent. I thought this was a common knowledge.

>Why are poor people like that
Because they relate to you and letting you know things can be worse. They sincerely want you to feel better, although they may not have the means to actually assist you if the problem is financial. Often they don't have the mental resources to crwsitvly come up with solutions, either. But they do care and are trying their best.
>Wealthy people do not relate
They only see an opportunity to boost themselves socially by being charitable, or they feel empowered in their status by your comparative poverty. Any help they offer will be self serving.

More likely to share because they have nothing worth owning. All the shit they have is replaceable except food that goes bad. They might share a smoke when they have a full pack but once there’s a squeeze on supply it’s dog eat dog. Wealthy people share,again it’s all replaceable.

How willing are people to give away something they worked hard for and can’t replace?

not my experience with poor people. they literally have 0 awareness of another persons well-being cause they are kinda in tunnel vision about their own misery.
i got MUCH more empathy from people with well-paid jobs. and i mean MUCH.
especially semi-rich self-employed people seemed to have the most empathy, so basically people who have the best kind of life.

>Because they relate to you and letting you know things can be worse. They sincerely want you to feel better, although they may not have the means to actually assist you if the problem is financial. Often they don't have the mental resources to crwsitvly come up with solutions, either. But they do care and are trying their best.

That's one hell of a generalization

Poor people are genetically inferior in everyway.

They use empathy as a weapon and see you as a mark.

>upper class people with the same problems as me understood my problems
>people with actual “how can I eat” problems don’t
Duh

Poor people are worse than vegans and tesla drivers combined. They manage to insert their own money problems into damn near every conversation every fucking chance they get and try to make you feel bad for having more money. I'm glad inflation and gas prices are going up because it means the poors will suffer more than anyone else.

you are talking with GERMAN poor people, that's your problem

I think you nailed it.
poor - stuck in their misery
rich - self absorbed in their wealth
semi rich people - not much misery, not excessively focused on wealth, hence most empathy for others

Just switch wealthy with poor and your post makes sense.

From my experience, wealthy people in general are just far more pleasing to be around than poorfags, less rude, more understanding and less jaded and always trying to size up people.

Being poor nowadays is usually a sign of low IQ or low EQ and these people are just obnoxious to be around with

>people with less stress, less worries and lots of disposable income are fun to be around
Your phd is in the mail

Maybe your problems are ridiculous and you should stop complaining like a wee crybaby

The have less problems because of the same reasons they are better to be around with. You're welcome.

>The myth of the noble poor
Anyone who has spent any length of time around poor people knows they are absolute pieces of shit.

Like everything else, it depends
Some are shit, some are great

>They only see an opportunity to boost themselves socially by being charitable, or they feel empowered in their status by your comparative poverty. Any help they offer will be self serving.

found the poor nigger.

That's why they're poor

a lot of them are just stupid

Attached: digital holocaust 7.jpg (600x400, 63.3K)

What's this bitch's excuse?
files.catbox.moe/un6b4o.mp4

I have yet to meet these non-shit poors. And I have spent a lot of time around poor people.

>europoor
>talks to poors
checks out

That and poor people make poor people choices. Generally they have more vices like booze and cigarettes. They have no future planning ability. They externalise their problems instead of taking ownership. They're generally just shitty people.

It's the same with depressed people who think they've gained some sort of higher insight from their chemical imbalance, when in reality, their opinions are just dumber than average and usually they are just narcissists on denial

This is only true for every poor person except me, but I'm a looks and height chad with a high iq, lots of cool stuff, and I'm never broke.

All the classy Irish poor are in the colonies, now you just got the dregs

Yup, I hate our welfare states because I hate giving money to these parasites.

>classy
>poor

Id bet good money that its not the poor or the wealthy who donate to charity.

Also in Europe, so many of our brown subhuman immigrants are poor, like just straight up genetic garbage because we have immigration standards.

It's not like in the US or Canada where they at least try to select for the educated ones (even if the US has a massive problem with illegals), but here we're just the trashcan of the world for poor, retarded non-whites.

And I hate this because I sure as hell don't want to give these people any money.

>because we have immigration standards.
because we have NO immigration standards.

"myth" comes from scientific papers dedicated on the subject

journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0899764020977667

It's not without issues as you can see up above but it seems to be accurate.

In summary, while we know that results vary with the method in use, three conclusions regarding the relation between income and the proportion donated are safe to say. First, people in the lowest income group donate the largest proportion of income. Second, the profile of the charitable giving curve seems to be fairly flat for middle- and high-income groups. Third, regarding the very high-income groups, the relation is more difficult to describe. Particularly for these income groups, the semi-parametric approach can be a better alternative to adequately account for the relation between the two variables, which is not necessarily convex. Labeling the charitable-giving profile either as a U-shaped or J-shaped curve is—in our view—too simple and not adequate to describe reality.

I think a more apt way of thinking about it is like this.

If you earn 1000$ a month and you give 50$ to beggars or church or whatever or whoever.
You gave away 5% of your entire income to charity. You can't really give 5$ it's not an acceptable level of donating, it's too "little"

Yet someone who makes 5,000$ need to give 250$ for the same income effect. People who make 5000$ a month are middle class in the US and these people think 250$ is a lot a month to give.
And then you get to 10,000 a month earners and they also think 500$ a month is way too much to give to charity I mean thats like a new GPU or PS5 or expensive clothing item.
This is the problem with wealth scaling and our current society.
If you're poor you have 90% of what rich people have, you can eat the same food, consume the same entertainment, wear the same clothes etc...

(OP)
A rich person is going to say 1000$ for a Shirt is too much just as much as the poor person because thats the public perception of shirts as a item, when in fact the 1000$ for a rich person is the equivalent of 50$ for a poor person in terms of wage percentage.

This is why rich people will never donate more or be more charitable. There is also a huge issue of disposable income, what do I mean here an example.

Let's take an example two friends, one guy makes 1500$ a month and he invites you to a restaurant and the bills 100$ he pays the 100$ man thats expensive but okay you had a fun time.

Now the equivalent act of me who makes 9000$ a month would be technically 6.6% of your income, 600$ holy shit thats a lot of a restaurant meal right? But it doesn't end there.

After you paid your rent/loan on housing, your groceries, your bills, your everything. You're on a 9000$ wage left with 4000$ of disposable income you can spend on whatever you want.

The guy that makes 1500$ a month after bills, rent, and all has maybe a 300$ of disposable income.

So he spent 33% of his entire disposable income to treat you to a restaurant meal, you on the other hand would have to spend a fucking 1200$ to match that nearly the first guys entire wage.

And this is why in practice poor people will always statistically be more charitable no matter what you say.

Yes poor non whites are all garbage

Lmao, poorfags virtually don't pay any taxes except for sales tax or vat tax in just about every modern country. It's basically the rich giving up most of their income to keep these subhuman and immigrants alive

True, I tip good but it hurts me more than other people.

Most people are shit I am very poor but I find that rich people are self absorbed assholes who are out of touch who will fuck your over at any opportunity and they have the means do to do so where poor people are jaded assholes who understand struggle but will also fuck your over at any opportunity to try to escape poverty. Most people are garbage and I avoid them all.

It depends on the type of poor person.
Inner city nigger? Crab bucket, never any positivity.
Appalachia redneck?
They'll absolutely mog a multimillionaire from their generational cabin they were born in while drinking homemade whiskey and eating squirrels they hunted with 12ga reloads.
Those guys are truly happy and free.

It's not about taxes mate, it's all about disposable income after all the taxes, rents and all of that compared to what you have.

That is the true measure of how charitable you are.

Taxes are not charity, they're a government enforced law you can't change. You can ask for smaller taxes but as long as you live anywhere on earth taxes will exist.

Why the fucking fuck do you speak to others? I ignore everyone around me no matter what
pic related is how I see everyone

Attached: 012-ue4-crash-course-86_jpg.jpg (600x345, 70.79K)

Squirrels is good eatin

Like you said, in canada a lot of immigrants are rich educated shitskins and chinks, so fuck em they're paying most of the taxes for welfare now. We should tax em double.