I think this is the right board to ask this question

i think this is the right board to ask this question..
how come if a federal law says i can do something, but a state law says i can't do that thing, how come i get in trouble if i do that thing? shouldn't federal law override state law?

Attached: 1640396187276.jpg (616x750, 112.67K)

howdy poudnah

As long as you don't have a social security number. And little piggy cucks aren't lurking around your property.

Both state and federal law are irrelevant.

you only get in trouble if you get caught.
and only the dumb ones get caught.

>10th amendment
>The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

simple as

No it's the other way around

> The U.S. Constitution declares that federal law is “the supreme law of the land.” As a result, when a federal law conflicts with a state or local law, the federal law will supersede the other law or laws. This is commonly known as “preemption.” In practice, it is usually not as simple as this.
It’s kind of complicated and you’re not going to get a full answer on /pol, I suggest you go read up on it

>Supremacy clause
>This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding

...it's not that simple. It's a little of both

Because the feds have already accepted that they lost the war on drugs. Instead of wasting their time going after small-time pot users, they are focusing what little resources they have on big fish like fentanyl and meth.

is that why they make so many laws about the sales of guns and who can buy one and all these laws around getting a gun? because they can't infringe on the right to keep and bear arms, but they can make it hard af to get a gun...

This guy gets it.

The INTENT is for the US federal government only to enact pre-emptive laws that protect the integrity and intent of the US constitution, and nothing more. If state legislatures wish to vote on and pass local/state laws more restrictive or stringent, they have a constitutional right to so so, SO LONG AS SAID LAWS DO NOT THEMSELVES VIOLATE CONSTITUTION.

As we are all well aware, however, it hasn't actually been this way in quite a long while. Fed regularly passes unconstitutional bullshit and strongarms state governments into bending to the glownigger will.

Yes, for the most part.

Have you ever taken into consideration to beat your bot benis off on your NPC head for responding to a bot thread?
yah
think abot that newfag

so how do these states get away with putting people in jail or prison for simply exercising their federal rights? isn't that like human trafficking and false imprisonment or some shit?

this isn't a bot thread though, im not a bot

...no, it's a bot.

>botception

also

>so how do these states get away with putting people in jail or prison for simply exercising their federal rights? isn't that like human trafficking and false imprisonment or some shit?

Good question. The answer probably involves civil war or some shit.

keep telling yourself that bot

Plot twist - I am the bot

In America you guys have state supremacy granted to you by the constitution. States reign supreme in the vast majority of cases, and that is a good thing.

You're a dumb nigger.