What are Any Forums Thoughts about G. K. CHESTERTON?

Attached: G._K._Chesterton_at_work.jpg (1600x1192, 279.38K)

Attached: shift left click 2.png (800x800, 28.91K)

I'm retarded, not a bot :(

Based. Distributism is the best socio-economic philosophy in human history.

Pretty based.

Attached: 4DB3425E-EA00-471B-9CF3-565B89619361.png (1024x659, 77.15K)

he was fat, therefore had no original ideas of merit

Attached: 1650474152572.jpg (1068x808, 125.97K)

Someone on /lit/ recommended his bio of St. Francis. I read it and second the recommendation. He focuses on a few episodes and uses them as a basis for a lot of interesting tangents. The whole book is a critique of modernity in a lot of ways.

That's corpulent, not fat.

I stand corrected. Corpulence is a sign of high fat content in the CNS and thus high intelligence.

Attached: 1638465012433.png (225x225, 21.94K)

He was very based. Currently reading the flying inn. It's pretty good
>Says nigger in like the first paragraph
>Entire first chapter is making fun of we wuzzing Muslims
>The rest of the book is basically making fun of retard liberals

who?

British author from the turn of the century. Very funny dude, and very based. Fucking hated roaches

Wrote some whodunnits starring a gay priest

Fr Brown is definitely not gay, lol

Gramsci of all people praised Father Brown mysteries over Sherlock Holmes.
He wrote a book against Eugenics so if you are some strain of Catholic Fascist you might want to look at it.
Wrote another book of his impressions of our American experiment.
All his books are public domain at this point, I believe. Really good writer, even if you don’t agree with everything it’s all enjoyable.

Also, it's not even close to his best work

I have mixed feelings: he's a great author. I especially like his short pieces; they have such a child-like sense of wonder. But he was a christcuck.

Christianity is right though. We got where we are because everyone (or at least most of the intellectuals) abandoned it, starting in the 20s

He makes nice watches. You will never own a Chesterton Perpetual.

Attached: fantatic-mr-fox-wristwatch-chesterton-perpetual-date.jpg (2048x1152, 481.12K)

>Gramsci of all people praised Father Brown mysteries over Sherlock Holmes.
Father Brown is one of those characters/series that appear as just something fun and lighthearted, but somehow attract deep admiration from all kinds of intellectuals. Jorge Luis Borges also praised them and they directly inspired some of his short stories.

Don’t forget his cigarettes.

Why?

Playing pretend is nearly as gay as what we have now. Though for most people it wouldn't be hard to hook them up on a religion of some sort.

It's basically deregulated third positionism. The idea that the goal of government is that every man should own property
Those are chesterfields, dipshit

I've heard he's based but haven't read anything from him.

Good thing it isn't pretend, and even if it was, it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Orthodoxy is pretty good.

Third positionism is so widely adopted today because it works. How would a distributist state fare in the wild?

I quit smoking like 15 years ago, been a while…

Now that I'm thinking about it, and remembering what Borges wrote, one of the best things about a Father Brown mystery is that they are "evidence based..." like the central question is one of physical stuff, of descriptions. It isn't psychobabble/ personality test shit like 90% of the mystery genre. Despite being overtly Catholic in character, I think they also appeal to materialists for this reason.