Have you ever met a politician Any Forums?

What were they like in person? What did you say? I was inspired to make this thread after seeing that clip of Mitt Romney getting hassled IRL by a Magapede lady who was complaining at him for voting against Trump. It shows that these politicians aren't always surrounded by henchmen so they can get talked to by regular members of the public.

Have you ever spoken to one Any Forums? How did it go?

youtube.com/watch?v=KDpWlQbCHqI

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73.87K)

I met trudeau. He whispered in my ear thr following: " OP is a faggot but if you kill your enemies, they win.

No, but I did send an email to my small town mayor up for relection, and she listened.

I dated the daughter of one of the state supreme court judges of my state. Got to eat dinner at his place a few times. He was an arrogant asshole who thought he was a fucking god.

I've only briefly met low level municipal politicians, my take away is that typically they want to do the right things but don't have the mental acuity to formulate plans in their head that can hold up to the complexity of reality.

Met? Met? Yes, met many Democratic politicians in person. Sometimes multiple times. Bill Clinton (never Hillary), Jesse Jackson, Jerry Brown and probably other ones. I'm pretty old. Didn't bother to meet Obama. Wished I could have met George Bush Sr. I stopped being a Dem some years ago but even when I was a raving leftwing lunatic, I always found his manner to be gracious and stately on a level I do not thing I'll live to see again.

Anyway, all of those folks I met. You could tell they were always on the hamster wheel. Always running on that wheel. I've met way more CEOs and VPs of companies and those two very specific groups are basically indistinguishable personality-wise from (at least) Democratic party politicians.

Which is to say, kinda creepy in a Tom Cruise way where you can't quite put your finger on exactly what it is.

If she showed jugs, please post here if she was 50 or over. Invert one of the channels to confuse the boob finding software here. If you can't, draw her disappointing mayor boobs. And include notes where applicable. My old mayor's boobs look like Nixon's nose. They slope down, slope down, slope down- and then shoot right out.

>my take away is that typically they want to do the right things but don't have the mental acuity to formulate plans in their head that can hold up to the complexity of reality.
Pretty much. She instituted a quartly mail letter explaining her thoughts and was talking about more local engament. 10,000 beers and several years latter I don't even remember what it was about. But it was addressed in the next letter. Didn't talk to her, sent one email, but hey.

I've probably seen her in passing, don't even know her name or if she's still there. All I know is that this town went 85% R and she was an R.

I met the mayor of my city when he was goin door to door his re-election campaign. He also lived like 2 blocks away.

I've helped several get elected. The most senior politician I've ever met and had an actual one-on-one conversation with was Harry Reid, who was an asshole. Republicans are generally better to work with. I was in a room with a bunch of Republican senators, a couple representatives, and a few senior staffers about 7 years ago. After Chris Christie walked out, and was seen out the window by one of the other senators, so we knew he wasn't coming back, all these senators started making fat jokes. It was like a scene from Veep. No one liked Chris Christie, I don't know how he remained relevant for so long.
This is true at the federal level too, at least as far as intelligence and capability go.

Which one do you remember the most? Did anything any of them say stand out to you?

I also think people like that, CEOs and politicians, are workaholics in the real sense, they just can't stop being busy, even in their old age. It makes them successful but it's kind of a personality disorder too.

one of the city councillors in my city growing up was also a substitute teacher. he subbed for my classes a few times in middle/hs. didnt matter what the subject he was supposed be teaching he would always shift the topic to local politics. although he never really did anything bad i could just tell he was slimy. fake smile weird eyes. dude is a state senator now.

I've met a couple of nationally known politicians for my job, I won't say what it is but I'm a nobody myself. Couple of governors, couple of Representatives, and a Senator or two. What always strikes me is how fake and superficial they are. I never placed any stock in the "Reptilians run our government" theories until I started meeting prominent people, and then I totally see why the theory exists. They just clearly process the world completely differently from me or any regular person, probably the real explanation is that everybody in politics is a literal psychopath.

>What were they like in person? What did you say?

Attached: 2022-06-18_12-31-27.jpg (400x225, 11.98K)

I met Ron Paul after a rally. He seemed kinda like a tough guy in person. He was friendly and all but there was this solid strength/power about him. He signed a Federal Reserve note for me. He mentioned that they weren't worth much anymore (referring to the dollar bill he signed), and I joked that this one is. Everyone chuckled but Dr. Paul didn't think it was so funny. Maybe he thought I was gonna sell it on Ebay or something. I still have it though. A wonderful momento of a really great man. Very happy I got to meet him and shake his hand. God bless Ron Paul.

Attached: rpfed.jpg (512x274, 28.67K)

I met Tulsi Gabbard on a few different occasions when she ran for president. The second time my palm "accidentally" grazed her butt when taking a picture.

When I was 7 or 8 (this would have been the mid-90s) my family took a trip to DC. All our vacations were very education-minded so we spent most of the time at the museums and monuments and stuff. My dad took me to the US Congress building while my brother and sister spent the day with my Mom. It was a quiet day, not a lot of people around, and we walked up to Tom Harkin's office, knocked on the door, and walked in. There was a security guy there and a secretary who let the senator know someone was there to see him. He and my dad talked for a bit, he told him he was trying to teach me about how the government works, yadda yadda. Chuck Grassley stopped by during the conversation to go over some business with Harkin and was very cordial. Dad mentioned he was a Democrat and I distinctly remember Grassley making some corny joke about how he wouldn't hold it against him or something like that and he, Harkin, and my dad all had a laugh.

I was too young to really understand what was going on at the time, but thinking back on it it's fucking baffling to think there was a time when:
A) Security and formality were so lax you could just knock on a congressman's door unannounced and ask to meet with them without it setting off 50 Secret Service alerts and getting you put on a terrorist watchlist
B) People could get on just fine with people from the other side of the aisle

I cut adam schiffs hair about 3 years ago. I played like I didn't know who he was. Guy is a soft spoken nut. Talked about his kid listening to music he didn't understand, those crazy kids etc. cunt was busy with russiagate horseshit at the time. 5$ tip

>I met Tulsi Gabbard on a few different occasions when she ran for president. The second time my palm "accidentally" grazed her butt when taking a picture.
Is this true?

Met Tulsi, got retweeted by Ted Cruz,

>Have you ever met a politician Any Forums?

Attached: 73a20ffc-8f1c-4a71-a3e3-326a62a0c1cb_text.gif (400x170, 172.58K)

None of the politicians ever really said anything particularly interesting or memorable that they hadn't already said on TV hundreds of times. Clinton was probably the most relaxed. He did a speech when he was running for president the very first time and the venue was pretty small. After the speech, he hung out for 10-15 minutes, playing on a borrowed sax with the band. Shook hands with everybody and chatted a bit after that. I'm not so sure at that point if he was really thinking he had a serious shot at the presidency.

>workaholics in the real sense

Oh yeah. I've rubbed elbows with a lot of folks like that and it borders on a psychopathology. BTW, speaking of, I was watching a thing about Lyndon Johnson after the presidency. He ran a farm. Couldn't stop being the president, yanno, because it was his personality. So I remember hearing anecdotes about him going over how many eggs were laid that day with the seriousness of daily briefings of the Vietnam war. The moment people like that stop, they usually die in a year or two at most.

I've met the minister of health in my job at a hospital, he was ok. More bran counter than someone knowledgeable about realities of healthcare. On the day he was just a suit that came in for a photo op, I imagine he's a straight up family man.
Also met a few local MPs, again through my work. The local labour one was so deranged and deluded that I felt his ideology was quite dangerous (proper corbinite). He was full of shit and less helpful to healthcare provision than the conservative mp in power - my colleagues couldn't believe that a nasty Tory was better for are NHS than labour, mindfuck for them.
I also regularly write to MPs, using the freedom of information act to bully them - eg, what do we spend on refugees, how many police is this equivalent to, etc

>Lyndon Johnson after the presidency. He ran a farm. Couldn't stop being the president, yanno, because it was his personality. So I remember hearing anecdotes about him going over how many eggs were laid that day with the seriousness of daily briefings of the Vietnam war.
Pretty funny, I can imagine you need to be like that to do these jobs, not just running big organisations but also a lot of high pressure jobs. Like people in the corporate world who need to always be on call, to be ready for a phone call in the middle of the night about a situation that needs resolving ASAP, constant pressure. Jobs that would drive a normal person crazy.
Similarly, there have been a few famous leaders who have apparently had the ability to sleep for only a few hours per night and not need more. Trump is meant to have this, same with Margaret Thatcher. Apparently it's a genetic thing where a certain few people just don't need as much sleep.

> Chuck Grassley stopped by during the conversation to go over some business with Harkin and was very cordial.
Seems like a decent guy, I remember him being good in the Kavanaugh circus.