RUSSIAN RSOCKS BOTNET SEIZED BY DOJ

The U.S. Department of Justice has announced the disruption of the Russian RSocks malware botnet used to hijack millions of computers, Android smartphones, and IoT (Internet of Things) devices worldwide for use as proxy servers.

The law enforcement operation involved the FBI and police forces in Germany, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom, where the botnet maintained parts of its infrastructure.

HAHAHAHAHA RUSSIA IS NOT ONLY LOSING THE GROUND WAR, BUT THE CYBER WAR TOO

justice.gov/usao-sdca/pr/russian-botnet-disrupted-international-cyber-operation

Attached: rsocks-seizure-message.jpg (1600x900, 353.05K)

cope

>We seized a Russian botnet
>Don't worry bout our botnet that is 10x worse

Kill yourself.

cope

bump
>the Russian RSocks malware botnet
seems this was well known before and observed thoroughly
i wonder if there is knowledge of other similiar botnets in existance ?

sounds like there's a gap in the market to fill

Attached: 1655348441982.jpg (1757x2400, 537.91K)

cool now go after all the american sites that pass cp all over twitter

It was hidden under being a proxy service, but instead of offering legitimate IP addresses, it was providing criminals with access to the IP addresses of devices that had been compromised by malware and spreading said malware.

could this have been a source for Havana Syndrome?

Wouldn't running DDoS for hire be more profitable for them?

based
Fuck the poor shithole of Russia

Maybe, but they aim was probably to infect as many devices as possible rather than fuck with internet connection.

How large was it?

based, keep it coming, brother.

Attached: 328.png (645x1197, 90.07K)

Literally this.
Alzo fuck jannies

No exact number but it's in the millions.

Did they seize the CC servers? Surely they have a backup.

maybe in the short term, but it's an easy way to blow your operation. more profitable in the long game is with established foot holds that do a bit at a time

>Any Forums Pass
>NATO Meme Flag
>NATO namefagging
KYS NATO shill squad. Fuck you glow worse then a glownigger. Honestly you are worthless eaters and should inquire at your local hardware store about the price of sturdy rope.

Russia has lost cyberwarfare already. On February 24 it managed to successfully disrupt Ukrainian infrastructure in some ways, but that was quickly patched. Even Ukraine is functioning basically without major issues despite constant russian attacks. Russian hackers are shit.

Attached: 1646219091192.png (1148x1561, 217.93K)

Now that they've been busted (seems to me just their website not the CC servers) wonuldn't it be hard for them to operate a proxy shop if the IPs of the zombies are known?

I think so, their sites are still under control and the DOJ had apparently been watching them since early 2017 and waiting so they could do a organized attack with other countries and hit as many targets as they could.

Nevermind, they probably didn't hit their CC servers since no arrests has been announced, I would suspect the CC servers are probably in Russia itself.

I don't think the DoJ can do much. It's not like they can patch the pwned IoT devices. As long as the hackers have access to them they can just set new CC servers.