We’re really gonna live in the pods aren’t we?

Just spent $2500 last year to have some property surveyed, paid a lawyer $500 to have the land title transferred to my name, spent another $3500 on blueprints for a 2100 square foot, 4 bedroom, two bath house. When I started this process I expected a $1300-$1500 monthly mortgage….get the bid back from the bank today to see my monthly mortgage is projected to be $3100 a month! Fuck this stupid fucking clown world economy!

Attached: 7D150EDD-DE99-41AC-B389-ECA06F6EDCED.jpg (828x908, 119.75K)

The pod
The bugs
Won't be happy
Yes.

You picked one of the worst times to build user, building materials are like 4 times what they were just a few years ago. You would be far better off buying a fixer upper and just using all that extra money to fix it up as you go.

I’m fucking bummed man. We were working with a contractor we really like. They shot us some very honest prices and even told us we were allowed to subcontract people we knew or preferred to give business too. It just feels so bad having built up all this momentum only to realize it’s completely unaffordable now.

Yeah you may have dodged a bullet. Contractors right now are a huge gamble, even the normal metric of only hiring ones ran by 40+ year old white men that look respectable doesn't really mean they will do a good job. You could have been on the hook for a lot of money only for them not to have started six months later.

Scary thing is this is becoming a common theme across America. This economy is gonna stagnate because there won’t be enough new debt creation to feed the beast. I already at least three people near me who are not going forward with building their house due to the overly inflated prices.

You should have just bought a home with a USDA loan. They're 2.5% right now.

YOU WILL OWN THE BUGS AND BE HAPPY

Similar situation here but with a new build which was contracted to be done years end.
Price per month basically 3x what we wanted when we signed...

Hahaha worker boy. Keep working that job sucker. Fucking slaving ass nigger.

Just buy one of these.

Attached: 973633E3-77EA-47B9-957B-E22EE9621CBF.jpg (700x700, 101.9K)

You VILL live in a pod und you VILL be happy.

Attached: 0001_KODA_by_Kodasema_photo__Paul_Kuimet.jpg (2000x1333, 3.8M)

Attached: katus.eu-KODA-micro%20-village.jpg (1280x854, 179.56K)

Attached: 267672063.jpg (1024x736, 71.23K)

Fuck that’s rough, you already signed and are in the build process? What makes my situation really fucking sticky is I’m surrounded by family and can’t afford to lose the property if I can’t pay the monthly notes. I ain’t risking it. I’m just gonna live the trailer life until shit calms the fuck down.

in humid areas, mold grows all over it and you get sick with breathing problems. It only works in dry climates

Buy an older home. It's the only way.

First hurricane and this thing would be over in the next state.

>Every day this same thread

Why can't USAnians into affordable shittier houses and pay what they cant instead of insanely taking debt?

I know a boomer lady who rents one as Air B&B and bold all over the inside, in Vermont. She eventually sold it because Mold

We're building and will be done at the same time. We locked in interest rate at 4.5% with mortgage company by paying them 0.5% cash that can go towards closing costs. Still going to pay ~390k for 2200 sqft 4bd 3ba house. Payment will be about 2600 but we make 4x that a month but going to hurt still. They are raping us on upgrades

I failed to mention the same house 18 months ago would have been 280-300k