Should I get into ham radio as a hobby?

If the apocalypse happens and SHTF, would it be wise to have a reliable radio network to direct survivors and people once all comms go down? It would be named something like Survivor Network.

Attached: ham setup.jpg (1024x768, 181.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rm5wbHzhwao
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i prefer beef radio

Imagine Any Forums but without memes and everyone is a janny. That's what HAM radio is

Mesh nets, let’s talk about mesh nets

Yes. It's a good skill to have in an emergency. I'm on SKYWARN right now for the Illinois tornadoes.
t. K9RSY

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=rm5wbHzhwao

LOL good one

i think one is going towards Chicago rn.

Expert rating for 15 years here. Never thought about it before but this is spot on.

What ever happened to those Sky-something threads?

They were always pretty kino.

I have a dual band h t. I'm not licensed but it's definitely a good idea. Get a good one. I have a Yaesu ft3d it's not bad but it's kind of expensive. You could just get a cheap one but you kind of want it to work for a long time. Charged with solar USB adapters 4 the radio

Agreed. We need more. One night I heard Russian radio traffic

1008 khz is still comfy

Skyking General

I'm more of a MAPS guy myself

Attached: Screenshot_20220614-015028_Chrome.jpg (666x885, 303.6K)

Do you have the link that the OP always posted?

>no shortwave radio for the end time
ngmi

Attached: habe6xzxrb701-2984555149.jpg (1440x788, 457.79K)

addiction. lets talk about addiction.

When considering an activity, ask yourself, does it counter the jew?

ham radio is dead. gmrs is blowing up. invest your dollars wisely

No. Stop watching blackpilled.

Attached: HAM boomer.png (739x1156, 71.3K)

Plenty of HAM radios also receive SW

I see some nice Drake and Collins equipment there. Units from that era are pretty much EMP proof

Bah, I knew a guy in college that would hot mic bob Denver on the inputs to local repeaters to fuck with the operator/users. They spent tons of time driving around looking for him when he was doing it but never found him because he’d use a directional antenna and keep it to one song per “session”

>without memes

Attached: 1407017825247.jpg (743x924, 274.21K)

Hell yeah dude go for it. Try and test anything before buying, do your research.

kek. UK used to have FM pirate stations that would run for literally decades

Yes, I'm an unlicensed ham operator and I mog on boomers all the time it's the funniest thing in the world.

yeah go for it, I'm doing it right now. I love chatting it up, especially without a license because ftw.