HAPPENING!!! GET THE FUCK IN HERE!!!

THE US MILITARY HAS NOW DECIDED TO EMBRACE VIDEO GAME CULTURE!!!!!!
washingtonpost.com/video-games/2022/06/10/military-gaming/
>Parsons said it was necessary to foster a culture where gaming was accepted as a hobby to foster mental health during the pandemic and retain talent.

Attached: Gamers.jpg (1216x965, 165.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E9vRMmF8huo
youtube.com/watch?v=oUsAeGMOAJ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Article in pic rel
Music while you read: youtube.com/watch?v=E9vRMmF8huo

Attached: Embracing.jpg (1216x5145, 1.35M)

>the DoD uses pop culture to recruit
Shocker

what?
they've been playing games in raxes for literally decades now

Cool. Still not joining. Keep your fucking camaro.

user remeber they want transhuman golems to hunt down purebloods a year or 2 from now

They had their own shooter for a while.
They had weird training that you'd do to level up, like watch a video and learn to identify tanks from their exhaust systems.

>now
I remember five or six years ago seeing a huge army recruitment booth at the PAX gaming convention.
Back in 2002, the Army released their own video game as a promotion tool.

>THE US MILITARY HAS NOW DECIDED TO EMBRACE VIDEO GAME CULTURE!!!!!!
video games are now full of performative wokeness
US Homo Military embraces video games!!
shocking

COD was a psy-op to make those join the military as far back as I can remember. My brother would rent that game and then he bought it and while he was still in school til 2010. He kept getting scouted and harassed by the army recruiter that would hang around the school til parents complained about the guy bothering their kids and ended up making the army recruiter leave the school to do his scouting at the school gym.

HOOAH soldier, dont you fall on my freshly raked sand pit, HONOR, GLORY, dead OPFOR, m249, M203, weapons cache Pipeline Bridge crossing BITCH m24 HOOAH!!!!
>HOOAH!
Special forces. M4 carbine, silencers, RPG, System of a down playing in the background, menacing weapon sounds indoors. Get flashbanged and shot at, bandage yourself, remove the pin from the grenade but don't throw it, throw the grenade underhanded, picking up the enemy's AK and PKM.
youtube.com/watch?v=oUsAeGMOAJ4

Attached: AA.jpg (625x494, 37.95K)

That game was actually good. It was my favorite multiplayer shooter and had a great community

They did this 20 years ago retard

This lol.

When did it happen? I never remember "gamers" being dystopian progressives or very political at all.

I have an idea for a video game that I would like to sell to the government. Contact me.

I've been playing both the insurgency games alot lately, though I'm not fighting for globohomo whatsoever

The British army has a game like ARMA that they make you play in infantry school and take seriously, squad v squad - you dont do it much but it is a sign of what is to come.

Games like Day Z would train you greatly for war

My idea is actually good.

pubg would train you well for disrupting state troopers hehe

r6 good for swat shenanigans

>Do gamers make good soldiers?
Probably but not for the globohomo

Looks like they realized they need pilots to fly the drone swarms.

Too bad fed fags, I’ve wasted all that opportunity on useless dota, you’ll never get me

Attached: 44A517F9-083C-4670-82B3-8649A1584376.jpg (786x916, 67.9K)

Hell, in 2005. I was literally scouted by an Army recruiter, because so-called friends I had would brag about how many kills I got using a sniper. He would fucking bother me for weeks, til I got into a fight in school on purpose, just to get expelled and end up being home-schooled. I hated the military and the recruiter.

most of the FPS genre is fun because you get to play as supersoldiers, magic users, or at least special forces muggles where the taking on multiple enemies at once with a wide range of weapons and equipment.

you're going to end up with fat zoomer kids who can't run thinking that a one-man-army thing works effectively irl. to train an effective soldier on vidya means changing EVERYTHING about vidya.

they're not training SEALs, most of these kids will be in noncombatant military roles or grunts.

they should be training officers on Starcraft 2 though. i heard that they even made an RTS sequel to World Of Warcraft.

Does nobody remember the movie Toys from 1992 where the Army General inherits the toy company and he brings in a bunch of kids to play video games when in reality they are controlling drones and bombing the Middle East. Underrated movie for it's prophetic nature

Attached: 72347324723473247.jpg (677x1000, 68.4K)