WE NEEDED CAESAR

WE GOT CRASSUS
sadface.gif
At least he didn't try to invade Parthia.

Attached: 204e7n.jpg (540x405, 47.43K)

why is this board so obsessed with rome and metaphors and comparisons involving rome?

Because history doesn't repeat itself but it quite often rhymes.
And the fall of the Republic is a very good example of our political position in the modern era.

if i have to make on a comparison to fit in, i'd say we are outright at late empire stage then

We got Nero. Meaning we know what he was but history will paint him as a retarded baby.

Romans hold similar stances on homosexuality and paedophilia to pol

Uhhh I'd say we're closer to the collapse of the Republic than the late empire stages.

And the reason for that is largely the patrician politics of that era were very reminiscent of the oligarchic politics our system is collapsing under now.

I think we're closer to the collapse of the republic, than the empire.

Because Rome never fell and Jesus Christ was actually Julius Caesar, who was murdered by deep state senators

*Honk Honk*
>Someone asked a great leader not afraid of crossing the Rubicon?
Well Any Forums?

Attached: 1654908645962.png (1200x800, 1.31M)

lmao based aussie as per usual

however the republic did not let in foreign fifth columns allowing them to seize political and military powers gullbily trusting they would not use them for their own endeavours, the late empire did
guess who else does?

>Because Rome never fell
pretty sure it did otherwise it wouldn't be full of gypsies and potholes

OOO OOO I KNO I KNO THE LITTLE RASCALS!!!

The Republic was using Gallic mercenaries on a regular basis, and trans alpine Gaul's were constantly back and forth into Rome.
Now they were NOT CITIZENS, citizenship was not extended to the provinces through service til after the collapse of the Republic but pretending like Rome was some kind of ethnostate isn't exactly accurate either.
Thats Sulla, he is quite obviously transalpine Gaul.

Attached: 0009943_lucius-cornelius-sulla-felix-dogum-tarihi-mo-138-olum-tarihi-mo-78_750.jpg (750x617, 77.7K)

hey fuck those parthians though.

This spectacle of the Roman army arrayed on one side, the Parthian on the other,
while these two eminent leaders not only of the empires they represented but also
of mankind thus met in conference [. . .] it was my fortunate lot to see.

a classical education was the hallmark of an educated person not even 100 years ago. Not just naming Caesar, but referencing even minor figures or events of antiquity and the middle ages. I was struck when I started hearing/reading historical speeches or texts, that they sometimes mentioned events like the Battle of the Catalaunian Plains or the battle of Riade and apparently expected every listener to know what they were referencing.

Attached: Gaius_Marius_sitting_in_exile-Internet_Archive.jpg (1798x2496, 969.11K)

Why even keep living lads? I'm 29 now and by this age Alexander and Ceaser have conquered most of the known world. Yet I am here still in graduate school. A lowly student with no wife/gf. Why even keep living?

Just bareback hookers as often as possible

>The Republic was using Gallic mercenaries on a regular basis
not very regularly, and certainly not to the extent nor with the autonomy that later german border guards, foederati and generals had, nor were their families settled within roman borders w/ dedicated programs
>Thats Sulla, he is quite obviously transalpine Gaul.
Sulla came from an old latin family, distantly related to the Scipios, not Gauls. I have never heard anybody saying anything about him being a Gaul, much less a transexual one

Actually Caesar was in Gaul around that time, he did not conquer "the known" world either, what he did was reconstitute the Roman Republic after the civil war, which then went on to become the Roman Empire under Julius Augustus Caesar, his adopted son.

Julius Caesar was in his 50's at the end of the Roman Civil War, and died to assassination by the Senate at the age of 55.

You still got time my dude.

there is nothing bad in knowing ancient history from whichever era, i know a little bit of roman history myself, it's just the people citing rome constantly on this board which i do find uncanny