Zoomer here. How did people become aware of and access fringe political material before the internet...

Zoomer here. How did people become aware of and access fringe political material before the internet? If it wasn't for the internet, I'd just be a normie conservative who gets all my news from the TV. It's not like far-right newspapers were readily available at newsstands on the street

Attached: 824a856f158114d49f8629082581b3a9.png (718x617, 796.29K)

smaller book stores

Not all newstands but people would xerox pamphlets and news letters to hand them out.
They also made and distributed vhs of rare footage like our webms.

mailing lists, networking/conference/church events, there was a larouche maniac handing out pamphlets in front of the post office several days a week near me until like 2010

People used to do this thing called "talking." It was all the rage before smartphones and shit like that.

This is actually the way out

Fairly hard to find conspiracy magazines and their advertisement sections to find even rarer ones. Kind of like Nexus magazine.

Attached: 345828_14.jpg (427x575, 44.82K)

critical thinking and being observant. some people didn't want to be npcs, and so they sought out other like-minded people.

American free press

Soldier of Fortune magazine

People actually went outside and met people before the internet.

VHS, magazines, BBSes and books.

Attached: R.jpg (480x360, 18.7K)

Pink floyd called it "all we need to do...is keep talking."

Through social circles.

>Hey user want to come check out this cool skinhead band after work?

and then they tell you about the NWO, bankers etc. basically indoctrination through word of mouth.
Could've been worse, you could have turned into a Goth or some other weird 90s subculture.

The obvious one is SW radio. Lots of conspiracy/white-power talk shows on there.

>It's not like far-right newspapers were readily available at newsstands on the street
Actually they were. Barnes & Noble actually carried Republic of Texas secessionist magazine in the mid '90s.
protip: go to archive dot org and search TomQ --- this guy has uploaded more than 55,000 magazines from all over the political spectrum

Bill Cooper. Behold a pale horse. Find the pdf and read it faggot. Then we did our own research at the local fking library.

Attached: IMG_20220509_114937.jpg (610x790, 154K)

>fringe
It's simply not as fringe as (((they))) want you to think it is.

Shit, I used to read this, adbusters, mondo 2000, and 2600 all the time. I still read pic related.

People used to talk in letters columns. The more low budget the zine, the more space devoted to letters. Shitposting took months.
There were also ads for other publications, and you'd send a self-addressed stamped envelope and get a free zone.
BBSes, usenet, and webrings were also popular in the 90s.

Attached: 59300-fortean-times-digital-Cover-2018-August-1-Issue.jpg (724x1024, 145.5K)

Papers were much more lax about what they would include, so you could put in classified ads for all kinds of shit.

Even more people were npcs then. And the media was even worse.

books and word of mouth

Internet. And if you meant even before boomers, people hung out in coffee shops. Frued, hitler, stalin, trotsky all visited the same coffee shops.

Yup yup. I use that one.
God is the word. And it was good.

Based

The local fbi office

This. You could also mail random shit to people before the obscenity act was codified

The cool nazi guys at the metal shows i used to go to. They always had some lively conversation and sometimes pamphlet or two.

In the 90s there was a tea seller who stood in front of the public toilet in my town. He used to tell people who went in about Muslim birth rates and how they're plotting to steal our cows. I imagine there were people like that in West as well