Any legal fags here?

Can anyone explain how it is attempted murder if the guy called and turned himself in before having the chance to even attempt the murder? According to the latest news, the dude drove to Brett's house and then got cold feet and called the police. I don't see how this is legitimate attempted murder or assassination.

Attached: attemp.png (803x706, 350.03K)

it's a republican psyop staged by glowies

if that's true then it's probably the police posturing for a headline so they appear TOUGH ON POLITICAL CRIME VOTE FOR BROSKI CHADWICK FOR DA/SHERRIFF IN NOVEMBER, when in reality he'll probably get a slap on the wrist

>Can anyone explain how it is attempted murder if the guy called and turned himself in before having the chance to even attempt the murder?
You can be charged with anything. It doesn't have to be reasonable. Prosecutoral discretion is a tool of politics, not justice.

It's not. It's conspiracy to commit murder. They threw that charge at him to lose, obviously.

Attempted murder is an inchoate crime. If substantial steps towards commission of the crime have been taken, like going across the country and to Kavanaughs neighborhood, then liability may attach and the perp can be charged/convicted.

Perp may argue abandonment as a defense. Since he turned himself in, it may work. It depends on the laws in the jurisdiction.

Attached: 1647932317150.jpg (589x777, 127.84K)

good answer, thank you

Cheers, happy to help

Attached: 1637939646734.gif (500x375, 1.2M)

Calvinball.

Why did he call the police on himself and not go "hey i don't want to die or go to jail" and just go back home.

Kek what a faggot. Why would you turn yourself in when you dindu nuffin? The was a White guy right?

I call your attention back to Derick Chauvin . They will over charge whenever they want, we live in the world of feelings.

If he got cold feet why would he call the police he could just leave wtf

>Yeah officers, I wanted to kill the man, but it got less funny the closer I got to him, so I am standing here outside of his bedroom window with a loaded gun, but no killing intent, and I called you just to be sure
not really attempted murder, but he might be mentally retarded

It's based on all the transcripts they have of him talking with the agents who encouraged him to do the attack

To be attempted murder, you just need the intent to commit murder and to take a substantial step in achieving that murder. Driving to BK's house with a gun, admittedly intending to murder him, is attempted murder. Changing your mind is legally insignificant at that point in a lot of states, and I suspect in the Federal court as well.

yeah I don't get it. he had zipties and whatever other shit on him but he could have just thrown them away, hid his guns, and committed himself for suicidal thinking instead

Because it's all fake and gay.

also last I heard, they aren't talking about where he got the guns. because apparently he flew to maryland for this and they got tough gun laws

>If substantial steps towards commission of the crime have been taken, like going across the country and to Kavanaughs neighborhood
So he was a state lines crooser like based Rittenhouse?

>Drove armed all the way to California
>Cucks out probably for optics
Sounds like an attempt. Not attempting it would be just sitting in your house bitching on the internet about it.

Attached: 1624051747529.jpg (393x393, 72.87K)