Why do you guys like lain so much?

What's so great about this anime anyway? She's 14 in the anime.

Attached: Lain_s071.jpg (720x480, 27.07K)

They're projecting when they cry about the democrats being groomers. Why are you surprised?

Why do trannies gravitate towards Lain so much?

she's god.

Attached: 1508487494_OHC3OQE.gif (370x280, 990.93K)

>implying I'm not manga only chad master race
haven't read a good one in a while though

I dunno man some people really like cables I guess

Cause they want to be a gangster communist computer god too

Attached: timeforshitposting.gif (500x355, 1021.97K)

I just bought ubel blatt 0 and 1, are they güd?

but also I think at the time that it came out it was so unique and striking that it left a long lasting impression on a generation.

when Lain came out, most people in the US were on dial up AOL if they even had a computer. The Internet was still extreme novelty, so the ideas presented in Lain were on the bleeding edge of fiction.

>the internet was a novelty in 1998

No it wasn't, I was playing D1 all the time with faggots from across the country

>buying manga
nigga u trippin. looks kinda cool though, I might check it out. I usually read weirder shit

Attached: tumblr_nqesmiqkjZ1u63wx5o1_1280.jpg (848x672, 361.21K)

You don't seem to understand.

Attached: 1519762763639.jpg (3200x3002, 2.06M)

Google says 9% of households had the Internet in 1998. What constitutes novelty to you? I'm glad you knew other nerds with computers to play Diablo with.

>What's so great about this anime anyway?

>Story about an experiment to physically manifest a meme in the real world, and btw, IPv6 is taking so fucking long to roll out because the protocol is infected with the consciousness of an evil clown god.

Yeah, it's garbage. Go watch some one piece kid.

this nigga just wants to tip his fedora

I've seen many trannies seething towards Lain.

Because cartoons are the same thing as I am Jazz

Attached: TWO MORE WEEKS GOY.png (1300x1518, 408.67K)

>You don't seem to understand.
A shame. He seemed an honest man.

>projection projecting
Cope lmao

9% of 276,000,000 is a lot of people, you must've been a brown person or a poorfag. Even my school had internet

Idk, it's pleb as fuck.

in 1992 the Internet was a novelty

by 1999 everyone and their mother was making websites

>trannies like tranime
>surprise

>tranime
fuck off

Attached: 1651068906608.jpg (1024x1024, 76.18K)

Thank you.

Why the fuck do you cretins even come to this website, but then refuse to integrate? You're basically e-niggers.

Attached: 1654513322465.jpg (640x361, 29.37K)

>Why do you guys like lain somuch
Because she embodies the robotic alienation many of us internet autists feel, she's also super cute
>She's 14 in the anime.
Yes exactly

Attached: 5829284-middle.png (900x718, 162.26K)

They're trying to be the loudest voices to try and make everyone that comes after them just like them. They are attempting to colonize.

Attached: Destruction of a Hobby.jpg (2404x1260, 826.51K)

because Any Forums fucking exists and draws in these faggot normies who ruin the fun

lain is le lonely computer god with zero personality or other defining traits which makes her a very easy self-insert for a lonely terminally online nerd
that said i enjoyed the anime, it's got a good atmosphere, very sovlful

Lain is the patron saint of the internet.
She is a goddess of transhumanism... the cool cyberspace kind, not the lame WEF/META kind.

Attached: Lain and Kek, Internet Gods.jpg (1000x750, 251K)

A complete misunderstanding of the show. The main antagonist is a transhumanist who wants to transcend humanity by merging with the neural network internet analogue, The Wired. Lain herself is essentially a fragment of divinity incarnated and fragmented between a human, online avatar, and abstracted further as memes. The series concludes with Lain ascending by gaining a more complete sense of self by incorporating her disparate selves into a cohesive being. The only trans that applies here is transcendance. The would-be "god of the Wired" kneels to Lain, because she bypasses him entirely to return to the heavens and God.

I also had the Internet. Im just aware that a dystopian Internet-based fiction in 1998 was a unique product and stood out to people because the Internet was still sort of new.

I don't know anyone who had even dial-up outside of California before 1996. 1/10 people is still a novelty considering the technology would become utterly ubiquitous. To put it in other words:

Serial Experiments Lain released the exact same year as the blockbust Tom Hanks tech-driven romcom, You've Got Mail. Your argument that it wasn't a novelty is wrong, and the novelty of the Internet combined with the tone of the series is 100% why it survives in infamy thanks for triggering my autism this felt like a classic mid-2000s shitposting session godbless brother.

Attached: 1565423199039.gif (474x357, 666.1K)

LoTGH used to be popular on Any Forums There are probably only a few of us left here who remember those days. Those good old days. I’m not sure. I haven’t watched Lain. Is this the one where the girl kills herself and becomes an AI consciousness?

Attached: 77C5A04C-A0FD-4DDF-9C61-AEEF5504C1EF.jpg (828x595, 362.25K)