Frens, I Need Help

What exactly is the Convention of States? I can't seem to get a straight answer.

Attached: Apu confusion.jpg (474x363, 18.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

conventionofstates.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's that one agreement nice people drafted up to agree to be all friends with Brightwing!

Attached: brightwing-heroes.gif (498x278, 686.41K)

>Brightwing
I don't know what that is either.

Attached: 1638935979563.png (657x527, 37.07K)

>Convention of States
That's okay. You can still be friends with Brightwing.

But I want real frens.

Attached: 1638944041124.jpg (250x250, 6.74K)

The several states (at least 34 must agree to meet) agree and they convene a meeting and try to pass amendments to the constitution or create a new constitution entirely. The drafted amendments are sent back to the legislatures for each state and if 38 states ratify those amendments they are added to the constitution. Basically it's impossible now because the country is too divided. You couldn't even get them to agree to end federal taxation or something like that. The closest we've had in a long time was the proposed ERA, equal rights amendment, basically feminism enshrined in the constitution. It failed miserably because Reagan and Phyllis Schlafly won the argument against it like the bosses they were.

>create a new constitution entirely
This sounds like a fucking terrible idea.

Attached: 1638946438018.jpg (256x256, 12.41K)

haha, yeah, well right now yes, but remember the constitution we currently have was a replacement for the articles of confederation of perpetual union, basically a looser constitution that wasn't ever supposed to be able to be dissolved, it was. haha. Fucking federalists. I hate the whole lot of them.

If we could get 34 states to meet, do you think we could get term limits on Congressmen?

when the constitution was first drafted it was done during the first constitutional convention or convention of the states. in america before the civil war really states were considered separate countries, the highest sovereign of that country was the governor, the states had the power to coin money, tax imports, have their own militias and navy, and each state, each of which started as a british colony that later seceded, had it's own constitution or commonwealth laws, when war was approaching in the late 1770s the states made the articles of confederation, the first american constitution joining the states together for common defence against the british, then after the revolutionary war was won the articles of confederation were replaced by the united states constitution, it was drafted primarily by madison and written by jefferson and sent to the states, but the baptists refused to support it's ratification because there was no protection for religion, speech, assembly, state militias and the individual right to keep and bear arms among many other rights, since the constitution was already ratified by some states madison agreed to add those things as amendments and make sure they were ratified as well, he made good on his promise and so we have the first ten amendments to the constitution known as the bill of rights. The american civil war a hundred years later was when the federal government broke it's side of the deal and became tyrannical. We've never recovered.

That's one of the very things on the agenda actually that people who are calling for a convention want to pass. Of course the legislatures of the states would be very unlikely to support it because senators and congressmen bring home the bacon, pork barrel projects, ensuring their stay in congress and giving kick back money to their supporters, most of whom are businesses in those states that want government support in the form of subsidies or government contracts.

>one of the very things
I want to know what all of the things are.

It depends on the group proposing a convention. The states would have to agree to an agenda of course as a regular course of business, but the danger is that they could agree to very radical changes instead of modest ones. This group here proposes... a limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, impose fiscal restraints, and place term limits on federal officials. conventionofstates.com/

The thing the democrats always mention doing if they can get a convention is doing away with the electoral college, the jan 6 committee is recommending that of course, that would automatically give the presidency to the democrats each time because a popular vote only would mean california alone would decide the presidency since their population is so large. the founders dispersed the power to elect the president more evenly across the states through the college system to prevent that. it's still more weighted towards states with larger populations, but not nearly as heavily.

>limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government, impose fiscal restraints, and place term limits on federal officials. conventionofstates.com/
I like it, but that's very vague

>doing away with the electoral college
I don't know if I should support this or not, because I'm afraid they might pass this.

Attached: 1644025627047.jpg (657x527, 39.62K)

yes it is, and it probably has to be because the exact language of the amendment would have to be drafted during the convention since that's kind of the whole point of a convention, but with states like california and oregon and washington in the mix you know they'd insert a bunch of stuff we wouldn't want. there was a short time when it looked possible, during george w. bush's term when the states were almost entirely in the hands of republicans nationwide, we had almost all the governors seats and most of the legislatures in our control, would have been ideal, the next goal they said building on the momentum was to call for a convention, but the deep state flipped the script and put a cia trained fraud in the white house, obama, and everything reversed. They knew what they were doing.

well fren it's very unlikely that many states could even agree to have a convention, little own for what purpose, and especially not to remove the college since smaller states and more conservative states benefit from the college system, so you probably don't need to take a stance on it either way because it's unlikely to ever happen. It's a pipe dream of certain legally minded conservatives like Mark Levin, but very unlikely, so they use it to raise money and galvanize boomers who read the books those people write. We can't even get the states to secure the vote or to actually honor the ballots we actually cast.

our founders made it incredibly difficult to do anything via convention for a reason. they knew the power such a convention had. they had used it to create america twice so they didn't want it used for nefarious reasons. that's why they had regular congressional sessions instead, deliberate legislature at the federal level that was limited by the tenth amendment to only those powers proscribed or we say enumerated in the constitution as belonging to the federal government. the rest was left to the states or to the people through plebiscites, laws passed by a direct vote of the people in the states, counties, towns, etc. The idea was if a state sucked you could move and take your money with you. vote with your feet. so the states would compete for human capital by encouraging business, trade, and freedom, but fuck lincoln, he ruined it all.

In the unlikely scenario that enough states do agree, all the blue states on the map in the link you posted turn green. What happens next?

I just want to see this get.

Attached: 1639034505129.jpg (750x1000, 77.46K)

blue states turning green? green how? like green party?

Green as in pass the COS resolution.
And is there a deadline or something?

Attached: image_2022-06-08_111729640.png (1920x1080, 217.7K)

I'll be your fren.

Attached: 1654312436302.png (746x512, 96.83K)

Thanks fren.

Attached: 1642284454189.png (780x670, 51.11K)

Attached: 1635149633396_remastered.jpg (2348x2596, 695.41K)

The supremacy clause makes it pretty clear that the constitution is NOT supposed to be modified outside of adding to it, and the addition should not be erasing/changing what it has always said. The founding fathers made it clear that was to be the interpretation of article 6

The government does not have the ability to change what was written prior. That's an intentional misinterpretation from tyranical cunts

That's a relief. I wouldn't want them trying to undo the 2nd amendment

Attached: 1638944285304.jpg (920x858, 74.32K)

From the way I understand it there is no time limit for ratification of a proposed amendment regardless of whether it was drafted during a convention or by the federal congress. In fact I think the ERA is still pending even though it was a 1960s thing and in Jan 2020 virginia ratified it, but the preamble of that particular amendment has a timetable which has already expired, so basically for it to become active the federal congress which proposed the amendment and sent it to the states would have to alter the language and that would probably require it being sent back to be ratified again. normally there is no time limit, just a weird peculiarity to that amendment.

that's true, but the constitution can be abolished and a new government formed as the articles of confederation were and that would be a possible scenario if a convention were held.

The Judaic High Council of SRS BSNS HOW DO WE FUCK WHITEY AGAIN