I’ve wondered for a while now why I keep seeing this trend of major media outlets gaslighting Americans on the 80s...

I’ve wondered for a while now why I keep seeing this trend of major media outlets gaslighting Americans on the 80s trope. As if reminiscing on the 80s and it’s perceived kitschy lifestyles, timeless films and music will forge popular culture society together and make younger and younger generations yearn for a perceived “golden” era instead of realizing the 80s weren’t that great, in fact some could say it was the decade of acceleration of our cultural and political decadence.

>Tldr; Stranger Things is bad for your brain

Attached: 112FE6ED-8514-40B4-B30B-C15D3E962C98.jpg (1500x2222, 982.17K)

The 80s were leagues better than it is now.

> 80s weren’t that great
compared to what you fuckwit? 80s was the shit for kids. Fuck what adults went through and the faggots getting AIDs as intended by God.

Because generation X is getting older and they’re the next target demographic of consoomers. Early millennials are also in their 40s and we are seeing more and more late 80s/early 90s nostalgiarino for them. Remember those “greatest hits of woodstock” informercials on late night TV in the early 00s for the boomers? This is their equivalent.

In some ways yes, in others not so much. I’m in the field of 80s being more bad for greater society than good.

If they make Will a faggot next month I’m going to turn my fury into a LARP in minecraft

Riverdale is the same shit, different pile

>In some ways yes
In what ways were the 80s worse than the state of the world today, you witless fuck?

Attached: cyberdwarf.jpg (794x540, 35.36K)

Nostalgia is the best distraction they use. Great score though.

Kek you love saying witless fuck eh lead bro? You’d have to be a retarded cave dweller to not see the advantages to certain technologies from the 80s till now. Life has become more convenient and reliable in ways like transportation, navigation, communication. But in terms of transcendentalism with our human spirituality, well we are fast losing that thanks to the times of today

80s and 90s
being a kid in the 80s was amazing and an adult in the 90s was sick as fuck
2000 was so so
2010 is when it really started to slide into shit
every thing is just so horrible now

Attached: 193404919.jpg (663x579, 48.9K)

You must be a zoomer. The 80s were pretty awesome all around. Consumerism was at a high exactly because there was so much money and upward mobility floating around. The 90s was the start of cultural and political decadence and when political correctness became an accepted norm instead of being ridiculed.

Stranger Things is a shit mockery though.

t. 80s kid

Probably 80's was the last time they had a grasp on reality before they lost the rails to nigger cancer.

They already did, did you forget in season 3 when Will was all upset everyone had girlfriends and nobody wanted to play DnD that Mike shouted
>It isn't my fault you don't like girls!
Member? It wasn't just a line of him being afraid of girl cooties, they confirmed THAT was the hint.

Nah. Don't watch that shit. If I want reminisce I put on old movies (the ones without the cgi crap) or listen to music I grew up on. With YouTube don't need to spend a dime.

t. Gen X

That’s not the 80’s dipshit. It’s re-writing history for 00-kids and zoomies.
>80’s were America’s decade, but there’s zero jingoism at all on the show. No Ronald/Nancy Reagan, Mr T, Rocky, Rambo, GI Joe, Hulk Hogan??
>All references are Wikipedia tier. (No A-Team, Magnum PI, Miami Vice, Goonies, Saturday morning cartoons, video games, arcade games)
>It’s a show for women. Proof: Music choices.
There’s more, but that should be enough. I’m expecting the ending to be The Village tier.

Doesn’t matter if you don’t watch it, someone will bite.

This is an AI bot. If it isn't it's a fucking retard

i think you're on to something. also Eleven is a reference to MKultra psychic children, iirc Stranger Things was originally set in Montauk where a lot of weird experiments took place. Look up Andrija Puharich and his psychic kid mansion on Long Island

BTW Beyond the Black Rainbow is stranger things but cooler

Looks like some artsy faggotry

If having less technology meant we could go back I'd trade this piece of shit for a rotary phone immediately.

I heard Lyme disease was a biological weapon developed there.

80s and 90s were incredible. I'm glad I got to experience my childhood before globohomo and internet destroyed civilization

Stranger thing is fine, season 1. After that I knew it wouldn't get better so I stopped watching.
Every decade is shit.

The actor is clearly gay. The voice and the face give it away. Voice is obvious. I can't explain the face but if you know, you know.

I took my wife and kids to a movie theater this last weekend (they show random old movies on Sundays) and we watched Goonies. Solid gold classic, I forgot Cyndi Lauper song was on soundtrack and young Corey Feldman Josh Brolin.

Raiders of the Lost Ark next Sunday

You're an idiot
The rise of smart phones Apple Facebook Google Microsoft has been detrimental to society and human happiness; globalization has accelerated American decay

This.
But also, you realize it's a nostalgia distraction, right? Nostalgia has been proven as a stress reliever based on that when you are reliving better times, easier lifestyles, it increases you seretonin. And in our shit world, distractions are normally not free. So the government needs you to chill out. And they feed indirect agencies to say 'oh this is good for your PR,' 'oh this is what people are into, don't you want to be popular.' Same peer pressure bullshit as always.
The end has been rapidly approaching, yet we don't know what to do because we put out hope into the hands of people who use us as meat in a grinder.

Be careful.

Raiders is great. Last crusade has the dip shit "burning books" thing. Once I found out what books they were I stopped giving a shit about that and seeing it in movies as though they were burning everything but mein kampf.
Still a good movie, otherwise.

Wasn't that chick raped by drake?

In all honesty who gives a flying fuck if that kid’s a fudge packer. It’s just another drop in the bucket for clownworld to reveal on the NPCs

the one i wanted but never got before i got too busy trying to grow up and get pussy.

Attached: Ussflagg.jpg (470x326, 78.48K)