I've lived in the south most of my life, but do not consider myself a southerner...

I've lived in the south most of my life, but do not consider myself a southerner. For a few years I've given a lot of thought to moving to new england. I think the most attractive area to me right now is connecticut like new haven area.

Here's a question I thought was interesting. What does it mean to be a new englander? Southerners like to carry on about "yankees" but what does it really mean to be one? One of the reasons I want to experience living somewhere different is that I perceive a higher level of capability among new englanders. The average person seems better at whatever they do, and more proud about it. I think in hotter climates, more lackadaisical attitudes prevail.

One thing that fascinates me about New England are the very old churches, colonial buildings, and universities. I would absolutely love to explore the old institutions of learning that saturate the area.

If anyone has experiences living in both the south and new england, please tell me what you think about this subject. I think the hardest thing for me to deal with would definitely be the weather. Not ready for the idea of driving in snow and slush constantly, tire chains, things like that. But it seems like in new england you can live in much more walkable areas, at the same time. I can't walk to ANYTHING where I live in Georgia. Not only are commercial properties too far away, I'd have to walk down highways with no sidewalks or even shoulders.

Also, one of my chief wonders/worries is that it's hard to "get away" up there. Where I grew up in south carolina, you could drive 15 minutes in basically any direction and be more or less outside society at that point. Not to where you can't find a gas station etc, but not within built up streets or "towns" at all.

I would like to still be able to drive away and quickly get away like that. Currently I live in the Atlanta area, and it seems like such a huge metropolis to me. I wonder if I would be shocked to go up there.

Attached: new-england-states.png (1025x782, 336.34K)

>new haven area
ct user born and raised. i would advise against that. windham, tolland, new london or litchfield counties are best. stay away from fairfield county, bridgeport, hartford, new haven, and the city of new london

why? I heard there are actually a lot of pockets of like concentrated mexican poverty up there.

New Haven is black drug ridden and dangerous, might as well move to Detroit
You can get away there is tons of outdoors even in Connecticut, the populations are dense

ct overall is very expensive but fairfield county in particular is where all the money is. people who live in ct but work in NYC. i was born in danbury hospital in 1981 and raised in sandy hook (before it got fucked by memes)

no. like any state in the union the rural areas of CT are cozy innawoods filled with dont tread on me flags and fuck biden signs. youre more likely to find based neighbors far away from the metro areas. this is true of any state.

i don't want to live near people like that though, those people are low and crude. that's just the same as southerners. i want to walk near people who want to take a walk and are interested in their omega fatty acid ratio in their diet

scotland, windham, columbia, andover, lebanon, sterling are all very nice

so youre just an idiot city fag. fuck off

if you're going anywhere go to Maine or New Hampshire. The rest of NE is irredeemable.

every state is the same. the city is the cancer and you drive away from it, life gets better. so live in the city if you cant hack it innnawoods or be some queer suburban hybrid

i didnt make the thread to ask questions to people like you...if you dont get it, you arent going to get it, im not arguing

>every state is the same.
spoken like someone who has lived in one state.

I grew up in MA, lived in CT and NH for a while, and now am in Maine. Here's my two cents:

Avoid CT and RI like the plague. MA and VT are far left overall, but if you live in the right area you won't notice it. NH and Maine are the winners. Someone said in another post recently "Whatever, I live in Northern New England. Nothing ever happens here." He was right

I'm everything this guy said
Also avoid Norwich and Willimantic

>Avoid CT and RI like the plague.

bro...SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENTS

jfc its sad that I am having to say this...i didnt write a wall of text for you to leave out the "because"

perhaps you can find a smaller college town then, also ignore all the rural white trash reeeing at yohr comment, rural areas largely suck, perhaps by the seven sisters colleges you may find somw nice town or like woodstock vt

Actually, based on this whiny faggot response, you may do great in CT or RI.

yeah it doesn't have to be a huge town. part of what attracts me is that there is slow paced life up there somewhat. i am tired of city areas. it's nice for the resources you are able to get but day to day i would much rather be able to take a relaxing drive.

If you are looking for ‘new england’ Connecticut is not really that, it is more tri state than new england

the entire point of wanting to move out of the south is to move from states that score 93 on IQ tests statewide to states that score 102 on IQ tests statewide

if you don't understand the importance of this, or this disparity has never occurred to you as something that exists, not my problem...

Woodstock VT Stockbridge MA

looks pleasant. however if i execute this plan i will have to stay closer to the interior coast, i need the weather to be slightly warmer and more humid. i couldn't deal with the 100 200 days of snow shit.

New England sucks.
TOTALLY liberal leftist area. All cities are niggerfied/full of spics.
High taxes. Dead end jobs unless you "know somebody".
Horrendous cold, bleak weather 9 months out of the year.
Avoid at all costs.

Yes. Puerto Rican welfare scum in every city. Especially western mass and CT. Springfield, Holoyoke, Hartford, New Haven are all spics.

>leave the south for New England.

You could've at least picked a non shithole part of the country. Vermont is the only acceptable choice in New England, and they're on thin ice.

Say goodbye to your guns btw.

>woodstock VT

A complete dystopian shithole.
Mask mandates enforced by police. ALWAYS a cop in town that will pull over EVERY out of state plate. I've seen them go 40 in a 25 to pull over Massholes. Avoid this town.

Sorry to break it to you, but there's about 5 months of snow up here. Mud season (and still cold for about 2-3 months). There's only about 2-3 months of "good" weather.

Ah now I see. You're a Yankee just born in the south. Get the fuck out. Cuckboy.

>For a few years I've given a lot of thought to moving to new england. I think the most attractive area to me right now is connecticut like new haven area.
Dear lord you are one delusional nigger

this user is correct. a sign in my buddy's place said it all
>CONNECTICUT HATES YOU

everyone in every place think theyre so cool and hate everyone whos not from there blah blah

boomer tier "i hate my wife!" posturing

>SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENTS
Globohomo controlled government, voting is 100% useless since the elections are captured. This goes for MA too.

>concentrated
is the operative word here. compared to the south, where poverty and degeneracy stretches in all directions like a plague (white, black and spic), large swathes of new england are extremely wealthy, especially close to urban areas. obviously there is poverty like literally every other place on the planet but new england is a rich region. not everyone can afford to live here for that reason.

>Globohomo controlled government
tell me what that means specifically and which policies you had problems with

>voting is 100% useless since the elections are captured
uh, well, welcome to post 1965 or so i guess

stupid shit, CT hates EVERYONE unless you're a globohomo faggot kike nigger

Sooon

Attached: 3477A270-B759-4DCF-BB38-84054A00DD23.jpg (252x252, 15.84K)

>what does globohomo controlled government mean
it means LURK MOAR NEWFAG

Maine has constitutional carry now. Concealed or not no permit needed.