Gauss rifles are now commercially available

Will these be covered under 2A?
arcflashlabs.com/product/emg-01b/

Attached: 704DB7BA-D727-46BD-9299-1B91236D93BF.jpg (935x935, 188.87K)

They are still arms, so they’d be protected under the 2nd amendment

>47 meters per second muzzle velocity
pretty sure you can make airsoft rifles legally fire higher velocity projectiles than this

so we're fucked and they're gonna be overly 'regulated' soon?

>6S lipo

Well that kind of throws a lot of utility out the window. Lipos need to be stored at about 45%, and cant be kept at 100% more than a few days. Plus they're like napalm if they get pierced.

How much does an airsoft projectile way? How many joules of energy is the impact?

People can throw baseballs faster than this

Attached: file.png (528x561, 49.59K)

It may be impractical but at least it’s pricey

OH NO NO NO NO SLING SHOT BROS, WE HAVE A COMPETITOR!

t. no full auto

>How worse can electric shit get? They have cars now that are dogshit, what will they think of next?
>Hold my beer.

Attached: 0374ddba7ea7a635f0660083158d5622[1].jpg (500x347, 41.55K)

Yeah, it's just a toy.

Lipos are pretty much the only commercially available option though, anything else is either too bulky or too high internal resistance to deliver the kiloamp spikes you need for a gauss rifle.

I seen a 50 cal with 800 Pfe/fps

Fpe**

We need far better capacitor technology for real gauss rifles.
Maybe if graphene ever stops being a total meme.

Even better the ATF doesn't have statutory authority to regulate them

They have a better version available, but you do have a good point.

Attached: Screenshot_20220606-160403_Brave.jpg (1080x1866, 348.75K)

But what if we scale it up

Airguns are way better.

Donno about "airsoft" faggotry, but muh Benjamin gas-piston powered .22 fires a 13gram lead expanding pellet with steel .17BB in the nose, at about 1000FPS+.

These things are fucking garbage you would be better off spending money on a regular rifle or a pistol

The better one is 75m/s which I believe is worse than a musket. It's a toy though so it's not tuned to be lethal.

like 3J+ for a 0.4g bb @ 125m/s or so?

this is firing slower and heavier projectile, wonder what the ballistics are like or is it going to drop like a stone? airsoft bb have hop-ups to level their trajectory out for as long as possible

Yes they have air rifles that shoot large slugs at 250 m/s
People often hunt with them.

this is still less than like a 9mm pistol, if you plan on shooting at rats in your backyard this is perfect but you wont be using this for home defense and certainly not wars.

Any vids of it firing and the damage it can do? Doesn't seem too useful but it could be a step in the right direction, having guns without gunpowder.

20lbs
>most rifles are under 10lbs

The gauss rifle is a real gun? Holy shit I always thought it was just a fallout thing

Or you could take advantage of having a weapon that can fire novel projectiles, due to not having to worry about either heat nor pressure.