Proper general history books

What are some proper general history books that don't look at history through the lense(s) of scientism/humanism/"enlightenment" but actually understand the importance of mythology, religion and survival? Most history books explain history with the so-called importance of "science and reason", as if history is one with linear technological and social "progress", constantly (indirectly or directly) calling people from older times "ignorant" (except for those "wise" people that encourage democracy and other regressive ideologies that the author themselves agree with). They often ignore racial differences as well and radically assume all humans are "equal".

I don't want an "objective" history book, since that is impossible, those that claim to be cannot be trusted. Overly romanticizing the past isn't always good either, but I prefer that over history books that claim to be "fact based". Think of a book like the picture I added but without the economics. Recommendations?

Attached: download (7).jpg (544x840, 99.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/folder/4wdTgYqC#kt_NgQUWei82oLTMkrly6Q
odysee.com/@ashalogos:92
youtube.com/watch?v=wbJH84E3OWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

everyone in that pic except Abe is a sexist chud loser who failed at life.

Collection is available on zip at this link as well as each book individually.\

mega.nz/folder/4wdTgYqC#kt_NgQUWei82oLTMkrly6Q

Attached: list3.png (1854x986, 1.15M)

>everyone in that pic except Abe is a sexist chud loser who failed at life.

Attached: DILATE.png (360x300, 100.98K)

Everyone needs to read The Culture of Critique. If you haven't read it you need to immediately stop posting, kys, read it, then kys again for posting without having read it.

Attached: cofc.jpg (550x826, 52.28K)

That book is just to warm you up for reading The Creature from Jekyll Island

Thanks, but I am NOT looking for an economic history book. I only added the picture of that book because I haven't yet found a "normal" history book, that is what this thread is for.

Chud.

Attached: Chud.png (331x395, 60.24K)

For history, go to AshaLogos. He makes some great content unpozzing mainstream histoy.
odysee.com/@ashalogos:92

Fag

Attached: kys.gif (400x400, 350.33K)

I have it and skimmed through it, looks interesting but it focuses on the 20th century. The rest of the trilogy is on my reading list but for now I don't want to focus on the 20th century or on the history of the jews, I want to focus on world history without authors worshipping science and/or reason.

Attached: KMtrilogy.jpg (1289x801, 393.12K)

>The Ancient City
Just finished it and it's very good.
>Revolt

>I want to focus on world history without authors worshipping science and/or reason.
Definitely check out AshaLogos, that's exactly what he does.

This.
But user, most of history IS dictated by monetary interventions. It's the ruling belief system which dictates the actions of its believers.

>Asha Logos
I am halfway through his series and I really like it. For self study I prefer books because it is easier to check the sources mentioned. I also hoped there would be something already similar to his series because it only started about 4 years ago. I guess there isn't and I have to puzzle everything together myself by reading all the source material (Vedas, Bible, Homeros, Tacitus etc.). Here are some books that I think are worthwhile for those in the same boat (haven't read them yet but they seem interesing):
-Oswald Spengler - Decline of the West
-Caroll Quigley - Tragedy & Hope
-Arthur Kemp - March of the Titans (note: might be too biased towards white nationalism)

>The Ancient City/Revolt
I want an overall history book

Attached: Spengler.jpg (1050x1600, 195.1K)

AC is required reading, don't skip it.
Have you read The Fate of Empires by Glubb?

I want an overall view of history before I go into more detailed works. No, I haven't. Read the introduction just now and seems very Anglocentric. I will consider reading it, but I don't like reading books with my guard up.

Attached: We.....png (301x70, 10.94K)

absolutely based, also see this

Attached: Empire of the City.jpg (907x1360, 88.57K)

Attached: Seeing Like a State.jpg (387x600, 26.71K)

Attached: Against the Grain.jpg (400x600, 171.28K)

perhaps the Ages by Hobsbawm can help ?

Attached: The Ages.jpg (645x1032, 170.62K)

Rothbard's history of money and banking is superior in almost every way.

Attached: 51nz-nIjZVL.jpg (316x500, 47.15K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wbJH84E3OWk

Attached: 373a50dad9871db395d2897a698cd0be.jpg (850x400, 27.16K)