Why do we call countries by names that they do not even call themselves? Japan calls itself Nippon...

Why do we call countries by names that they do not even call themselves? Japan calls itself Nippon. Germany calls itself Deutschland. These names arent even close. So where did they come from?

Attached: IMG_20220602_212346.jpg (1920x1080, 331.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country-name_etymologies
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we call them niggers they call themselves kangz. please explain.

Bump, I've wondered the same

It makes me wonder if Chinese people are taught yet more completely different country names. Its fucking weird. What do chinese people call germany? What do chinese call china? Because i can bet they dont call it "china"

Duh! Nips are nipples.

Attached: 3A1A60EC-B70D-4116-9F82-0F0C86E09957.jpg (534x800, 69.14K)

Literally right at the top of the Wikipedia page for Germany

The English word Germany derives from the Latin Germania, which came into use after Julius Caesar adopted it for the peoples east of the Rhine.[11] The German term Deutschland, originally diutisciu land ('the German lands') is derived from deutsch (cf. Dutch), descended from Old High German diutisc 'of the people' (from diot or diota 'people'), originally used to distinguish the language of the common people from Latin and its Romance descendants. This in turn descends from Proto-Germanic *þiudiskaz 'of the people' (see also the Latinised form Theodiscus), derived from *þeudō, descended from Proto-Indo-European *tewtéh2- 'people', from which the word Teutons also originates.[12]

Because we learn about new people from other people first so we use their words for those people.
Some of those people were friends and others were enemies.
Navajo is a potentially contested example that means "thief".
Really just need to look up the root words to figure it out.
The USA is EEUU in spanish so language also has an effect.

>Japan calls itself Nippon
We call it Japan because we instinctively know that anything starting with N means niggers. Do you really want screws that are made to Nigger Industrial Standard? Of course not.

Deutsch as a word is older than Germany as a country. Is goes back to the Romans. It's translates from medieval to "of the people' as apposed to Latin which was the language of the elites. The English used to refer to all the people in modern day Germany and Netherlands as dutch from ducheland. The Romans spoke Latin and called it Germania. The Brits cucked out to the Romans whereas the barbarians of Deutschland continued using thier own language.

Japs only use nippon at sporting events where the japanese national team is playing. Otherwise, its nihon for all intents and purposes

Because he let his slaves have the day off ?

None of your business.

Egypt is called Kamet.

different languages have different names for different countries. all that matters is what language you speak, the name comes from what the people who originally spoke and created the language referred to that country as

日本
Ni hon
Sun origin
I think westerners learned about Japan from China. This is probably why we call it Japan. In Korea they say hanguk. In Japan I've heard Nippon, Nihon, Japan and goken. It's quite confusing.

中国 zhongguo. This is what Chinese people say. It means middle Kingdom.

"Japan" is an extremely accented version of Nippon. The Portuguese arrived there, and heard the Japs call it Nippon, and they went ahead and pronounced it as Jappon. They went back and told other Europeans about it, and knowing that the Portuguese accent is retarded, they all pronounced it as Japan

德国 dur gwo. This is mandarin for Germany.

why is olive oil made from olives but baby oil is not made from babies?

Who gives a shit guy?

bruh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country-name_etymologies

Attached: 1634209886466.png (1131x192, 26.93K)

i do