What are your thoughts on genetically engineering humans...

What are your thoughts on genetically engineering humans? Opportunity to usher in a golden era of mankind or the pathway to manmade horrors beyond your comprehension?

Attached: 1653842132272.jpg (802x802, 68.45K)

Sorry bro but I'm pretty sure that Engineering humans is God's job, and last time I checked he's done a pretty heckin good job

>Opportunity to usher in a golden era of mankind or the pathway to manmade horrors beyond your comprehension?
no
sperm donation does that just fine. genetic engineering won't work on humans

both.
also, unavoidable. you cant stop the march of technological progress

I'm optimistic. For every manmade horror they create, there is an equal possibility for a manmade paragon.

i will not serve the State. once the State is gone and mankind does not serve any master, the consequences of genetic engineering is obvious universal wealth.

it's inevitable.

What is meant to be; will be. No use getting in a tizzy over something that will inevitably happen…..bioengineered humans will absolutely happen.

Attached: 039D520E-4922-41DD-BD87-CE49D15D3E5C.jpg (828x806, 180.99K)

Why won't it work on humans? We could at least do artificial selection.

>Why won't it work on humans?
because gene editing edits more than just the target sequences. It is sloppy. You don't want to do that to humans. with animals, it's fine. if the editing introduces a flaw, you just get rid of the animal and try again.

Transhumanism is the UNFORGIVABLE SIN, the BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT.

It will be blocked and banned. Our current society is very identity focus and cancel culture still has strong roots. I thing it lead to man made horrors in the end but having a cutey human animal hybrid would be great

Im one of those kind of people who think its time to start a new minecraft save and build a new world instead of letting this stale world keep regressing.

> Human body randomly attacks itself
> Random parts of human body will sometimes rebel and kill the entirety of the host
> Human body wears and tears itself apart in some places in just 50 years
I would say however you pronounce the name of Abrahamic God, they done a shoddy job. Almost as if He was an intern who couldn't figure out how to modify anything directly, so He waited until random chance did His job, and then asserted Himself in His Divine Foolishness as their Creator

Chinese are already doing it. I'm sure they'll trial-and-error the kinks out.

Do prosthetic limbs and hearing aids go against God? Do epigenetic changes from your environment and lifestyle go against God? When a virus injects its DNA into the nucleus of your cells, does that go against God? Does a virus have more rights over your body than you?

>genetic engineering won't work on humans
It's already been done.

Do you want to explain why you think gene editing is the unforgivable sin?

The gay Western countries aren't allowed to do it because you need the jews' permission to do anything, but the Chinese are going full speed with genetic research. I think the main question is whether the West will renew its interest in the topic, whether the technology will be imported from the East, or whether one country will stand hopelessly superior to the others because it pursued the topic boldly while others were timid and squeamish.

>genetically engineering humans
>to usher in a golden era of mankind
>genetically engineering humans for mankind

You typed a lot, bro, but all I read was
>genetically engineered catgirls for domestic ownership

You know
To be safe, I think anything that has intelligence and is too far from a human being should not be created
It's like
People are compelled by their genetics to shun the other races in many circumstances, and differences between genomes of different races are not even 1%
Imagine what it would be like when there are other creatures that are even farther from them. It will be racism on anabolic growth hormones, grown in a hyperbolic time chamber. It will be a bloodbath and normal humans will lose

i love that fresh world feeling

Attached: 1634920532822.png (1920x1080, 3.08M)

Just another thing the ruling class will lord over the poor
You already have more in common with Tyrone than you do with Warren Buffett, but in 100 years you won't even be biologically compatible with his descendants

It would be compassionate. High-functioning geneplexes would be replicated horizontally, ushering in a new era of highly functional people in the bottom 80% of society. The result would distribute wealth in a more egalitarian fashion while making life easier on average.