Why doesn't some agency just make fingerprint-locked guns standard issue to prove they work? Like...

Why doesn't some agency just make fingerprint-locked guns standard issue to prove they work? Like, make every NYPD officer or FBI agent carry one, and after a couple years of successful testing, you'd have a much stronger argument to legally mandate them.

Attached: smartgun.jpg (1024x683, 66.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/242500.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>intruder breaks in
>gun not charged

>you have been a bad drone and are guilty of wrongthink
>your smartgun is now disabled

Did I make OP really complicated or are these GPT bots that saw the phrase "fingerprint-locked guns" and just went into their spam banks?

No, your premise is just retarded.

What's retarded about issuing fingerprint-locked guns to cops? They get their guns wrestled away from them all the time.

>to legally mandate them.
Would trickle down. Want to know how I know you're no gunz?

My fucking phone doesn't unlock unless I wipe my finger and position it correctly. A cop, who will most likely be sweating and trembling with adrenaline, does not have a second to waste going through five fucking attempts to unlock his pistol you moron.

If you're a cop that got his gun wrestled away you'll get fired faster than if you smoked crack in the police station bathroom, took a dump on the chief's desk then used the paddywagon to transport a bunch of strippers to a mob boss's bachelor party.

Also, think about pic you posted. That's a glock. They are popular because they have no safety. They are carried with a round chambered in a retention holster. Putting a print lock on a glock would be retarded.

>slams gun forcefully on table a few times
>electronic triggerguard is now broken
>gun works normally again

see Have you ever tried to use a smartphone outside while it's raining? It's literally fucking impossible. Smartphones have been around for 15 years and they still fuck up in critical ways all the time.

Introducing digital technology to something that is 100% mechanical AND is a panicked life-saving tool is just a bad idea. You'd be lucky if the adoption rate was 1%. Hell, cops would be carrying two guns just in case it failed.

Attached: 1648449805207.jpg (373x332, 45.48K)

All of the smart guns I’ve seen to date are a gimmick. The manufacturers try to legislate themselves into a monopoly while not providing or selling units for evaluation ahead of time. I try to collect them and it’s pretty hard to actually buy any of them. Here’s an example: a few years back there was a manufacturer Armatix lobbying for smart gun laws in California and New York. I contacted them looking to buy one, they refused. Ended up finding a dealer in California that had _one_, ever. The whole mechanism was standard rfid that there are 1000 maker articles on how to clone and/or jam. The lock out mechanism could be easily removed by doing a standard takedown of the pistol as one would do while cleaning. This type of bs is pretty much par for the course with smart guns.

Because then there's no point in having a gun at all. A fingerpring locking gun is an idea that sounds unnecessary to me but would be reasonable on a gun that is not used for self defense, like sport shooting. Once you need a weapon for self defense you can't put restrictions on it. There are a million different scenarios where your stupid finger print mechanism would cause death to the user. I'll just write down a few

>stupid thing doesn't work properly, so gun doesn't work, get killed by feral nigger bc ur gun didn't work
>feral nigger stabs cop first so his hand is covered in blood, bc of the blood, the print scanner doesn't work
>winter time, cop wearing a glove, doesn't work with glove
>summer time, cop's hand is sweaty, doesn't work with sweat
>feral nigger jumps cop and now cop and nigger are fighting on the ground, cop draws his gun but can't get his thumb in the right position, so gun is useless to him
>cop is in a gunfight and gets shot in his dominant hand, now he has to fire with the other hand, which is usually possible, but now he can't because of stupid print scanner

and on and on and on

how about we just execute you on sight ok? that's a much better idea faggot

Yeah just like how breaking your car’s electronics turns it into a model T

how about you grow up get a job move out your parents basement, encounter real world problems like rent, and THEN pretend to be a big brain fag that knows best how to run everyone elses life, how bout that faggot nigger?

Not an argument

Because it's a retarded fucking premise, it always has been. Electronic locks turn the weapon into shit.

>some agency just make fingerprint-locked guns standard issue to prove they work

the FBI did this in the 90s and they were so unreliable they refused to give police fingerprint-locked guns because they were shitty vaporware hunks of garbage that turned your gun into a blunt weapon if it ran out of batteries.

ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/242500.pdf

the reason is they don't want to protect people from evil guns, they want to turn your gun off before they come and take it

Attached: guncontrolcake.png (915x499, 18.2K)

A gun is such a simple machine literally just a hammer that hits the primer on a bullet. There are only so many ways you can stop the hammer, probably most "smart" guns just use a little latch to block the trigger mechanism. My guess is it would be easily bypassed or broken.

>run after suspect
>get a little sweaty
>suspect pulls gun from pants
>try to shoot
>gun doesn't recognize finger due to sweat
>get shot
Actually yes give them to cops

test

Mandatory posting.

Attached: Gun laws 2.jpg (1029x4529, 1.45M)

>all the time
Citation needed

My feelingsare the only the citation I need.

Attached: 1652956762192.jpg (828x802, 55.03K)