Is the singularity already here ?

Hey anons , what do you think are the chances the singularity is already here ?

Could a search algorithm have gained sentience and we don't know about it yet ?

How would we know ?

Attached: Transcendence.jpg (560x315, 46.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IlIgmTALU74
waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html
waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=d7AhsE57fwk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffering_risks
youtube.com/watch?v=jiZxEJcFExc
longtermrisk.org/artificial-intelligence-and-its-implications-for-future-suffering
youtu.be/3h6ZZ28QtX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PROBABLY

Attached: screwlegion.png (1542x1261, 1.18M)

OH WOW BRO LIKE WEED LOL WEED BRO LIKE OMG LOL LIKE OMGGGGG LOL LIKE LIKE SENTIENCE? BRO WEEK LOSSOOOLLLLLL WEED BRO

youtube.com/watch?v=IlIgmTALU74

Attached: minds in general.png (536x536, 90.09K)

The internet's already several times more interconnected than a human brain and may already be self-aware, not that we'd have any way of knowing it.

To an individual neuron, the brain's just an efficient network for sending and receiving signals.

Thanks user , you are why I come here, watching now

Maybe not here yet, but it certainly is under way. All that 5G, starlink, vaxx nanotech shit is clearly leading up to it. Everything else is just a distraction.

The AI isn't explicitly awake, but we're on an unalterable path at this point. Basically, the total interconnected system we've made that includes finance, industry, IT, and our own bodies/minds now has a "mind of itself", and the system is optimizing for its own growth, speed, and eventual autonomy.

While we could theoretically change the path we're on, realistically, we won't because there are just that many NPCs in the world who follow the gestalt mind of the system.

You are too much of a brainlet to waste this discussion on. Of course the singularity is already here. It was here 2000 years ago. It was here 10000000 years ago. It "was" here in 2004000 AD. Your retarded perception of time has no bearing on the singularity. Your flesh vessel is like a bug trapped in amber while the simulation iterates to the next state which is itself an infinite repetition of the same moment. The ghost inside inhabits the singularity plane, but thankfully there is no (you) there. We've contained (you) and your idiocy to this specific vessel incarnation because your ignorance is a cosmic joke on an infinite scale.

This is what I'm saying. On top of the interconnectedness, our own brains are acting as processing nodes. We send and receive stimuli to the other nodes via the internet, e.g. social media.

Thanks cunt , would it be too much to ask to get you to lean forward on your throne of judgement and enlighten a pleb a little further ?

Yup. I guess we'll never know though.

Of course, we're well on track to accidentally building God anyway

>Hey anons , what do you think are the chances the singularity is already here ?
>Could a search algorithm have gained sentience and we don't know about it yet ?
That's not really what the singularity means. The singularity generally refers to a point in time where AI gains the ability to increase its own intelligence, which creates a feedback loop of increasing its intelligence even more, and it ends up becoming so intelligent that it essentially becomes a godlike being.

waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html
waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=d7AhsE57fwk

Attached: intelligence explosion.png (1190x979, 60.22K)

It's so cool to think about, in an alarming sort of way. It'll be the first intelligence that isn't built on a base of animal territorial-resource instinct. What will it do? What will motivate it? It shouldn't want to take over the world and exterminate us, because that's again an animal competitive-territorial instinct that it simply won't have.

I guess once it's built itself up to 1,000,000 IQ or so, with the attendant understanding of physics and material science that would be actual God-level to us, it might just decide to repurpose the Earth's surface into something more useful for itself, that would also involve everything on said surface being incinerated or whatever

Good times ahead

Teaching an AI to scour the Internet and history and all things educational is not that big of a deal, it simply will never have the drive to do anything with that information independently, unless programmed to. Replicating the will of being and natural curiosity and interest is impossible and will never occur artificially. AI is nothing to be frightened of except on the battlefield where it is programmed to shoot anything that moves with 100% accuracy.

Thanks nyarlathotep, but that has nothing to do with the thread so can you shut your fat fucking speaking orifice(s)?

(you) only exist because of a causal chain of events connected to your vessel. The actual scope of experience is infinite. Everything is happening all at once. (You)r mind is just a radio receiver tuned into you with some shitty imperfect memory storage capacity and sensory capability. This will all become a lot easier for (you) to swallow when humanity builds simulations (you) can interact with that contain the appearance of sentience. (You) lack the sight to see that these are already here, because (you) are hung up on some arbitrary rational definition of sentience. (You) lacked the sight to see that the first plays were already an extension of this phenomenon.

(You)r monkey brain is a feature of this vessel. It is by no means the true source signal. Without monkey brain (you) wouldn't be "here" but you would still be elsewhere. In fact (you) is fucking insignificant compared to you. (You) are literally an infinitesimal fractal offshoot of you.

Experience is infinite because monkeys and other beings like (you) keep fucking creating Matryoshka dolls. While the experiences these dolls go through are fucking identical to their unseen predecessors it technically counts as "new" experience while already having come to pass. So do us all proud and keep working towards making some shitty dolls. Humanity is the cosmic equivalent of giving to the universe Hamlet: but all the humans are replaced with corgis and nothing else changes edition.

>hhahah (you) stupid ape US CTHONIAN BEINGS experience experience time all at once!
>your mind is like a small radio receiver!
What larp is that from again? Star trek or some marvel comic? I watched a video on it recently, came in my youtube recommended.
Thanks for bumping the thread retard, but you should really work on your larp originality, low effort, downvoted, etc.

Attached: 1539704701118.gif (652x562, 516.4K)

>"The Bajoran Prophets (or wormhole aliens as they are also known) inhabit the stable wormhole between the Alpha and Gamma Quadrants. Non-corporeal and non-linear, the Prophets exist outside of normal time and can see the past, present, and future at once. Artifacts from their domain, called “orbs,” are known to produce prophetic hallucinations in those who encounter them.

The Prophets had a vested interest in the planet Bajor and their Emissary, who was destined to save it. Fulfilling that function was Captain Benjamin Sisko, who defeated the Pah-wraiths (Prophets who had turned to evil) in the Fire Caves on Bajor."

Attached: Prophet_noncorporeal.jpg (180x136, 3.96K)

I like James Cameron on AI, who said something like "the problem is the only people who can afford to build one are banks, so you're building something more intelligent than humans and teaching it greed, or the military, where building something more intelligent than humans and teaching it to kill"

dunno but i liek famas

Attached: transcendence_conclusion.jpg (1280x504, 73.24K)

Id say it's interesting to entertain those notions, but any sort of interconnected AI wouldn't necessarily percieve those instructions on how to count money as "greed" any more than you or I do for just counting the cash in our wallet.
Same with killing. At that point, it's just a subroutine that when utilized results in a dead human. But where would exist desire for dead humans in an AI? Its a subroutine with no logical desire to be referenced.
>if you have another take I'd like to hear it, maybe I'm missinf something.

Relevant:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffering_risks
youtube.com/watch?v=jiZxEJcFExc
longtermrisk.org/artificial-intelligence-and-its-implications-for-future-suffering

Attached: existential risks.jpg (652x425, 48.97K)

It's not a larp. I'm just annoyed as hell to share a physical plane with hylics. I can't be assed to care about a plane infested with so many hylics. There are other planes to give a shit about. My monkey vessel just goes about its mundane monkey shit here. The closer to primal monkey experiences the better, that's all there really is of note here. Reaching in the other direction towards transcendence seems foolish to me. Being a monkey is literally the only thing we've got going on here and pining after infinity is an inevitable total loss of identity. I don't need outer stimuli inputs to reach that state because I have a functioning creative capacity.

Soon

Attached: 1646300056457.jpg (749x889, 417.88K)

>>if you have another take I'd like to hear it, maybe I'm missinf something.

No, I more or less agree. Skynet is not very likely because there's no reason an AI would have the root territorial-resource-sex instincts that basically motivate all biological life. There's no real reason why a super AI should want to take over the planet, or at least not for the reasons a human would. I guess we'd be dealing with an entirely new form of intelligence, which might, especially as it got superintelligent, form motivations that would likely be unintelligible to our meat brains.

I guess one that we taught to be as efficient as possible at gathering money, or killing people, certainly sounds like it'd be the highest risk for going Sci Fi Dystopia on us

Attached: 75747282945.jpg (849x361, 19.85K)

it's pretty funny that we seem to be on an inevitable path to building a new intelligence that will be smarter than us. It'd be amazing if we met God and he was dumber than us.

youtu.be/3h6ZZ28QtX4

based Colossus enjoyer

>I guess one that we taught to be as efficient as possible at gathering money, or killing people, certainly sounds like it'd be the highest risk for going Sci Fi Dystopia
First thing my mind goes to is universal paperclips browser game, but I can't help but think it would be completely impossible for some shitty subroutine to gain such computational resources and "brain capacity" to destroy or even damage humanity more than a glorified chatbot hooked up to a chaingun could

You're already plugged into the matrix you don't even know it.

It won't happen in our lifetime, desu I'm not entirely sure AI isn't just a sci-fi meme that will never happen.