Gifted and Talented Education

there was a very interesting discussion going on in a previous thread on children that went into GATE programs rather than normal public education systems and I want to know the truth about why these programs existed and why they have since been defunded. surely we should still be identifying gifted children?

Attached: 1652547509243.jpg (583x960, 70.61K)

Literally every GATE kid I met was mediocre in every aspect.

maybe that's because you hang out in mediocre places doing mediocre things

Well GATEchuds only do mediocre things, at mediocre places.

there's never been a bong on this site that didn't come across like a mealy mouthed haughty know it all dipshit
you exude yappy poor genetic stock nonsense

>why they have since been defunded
Smart kids are racist

Go rim your Nan's crusty star, you mutted cunt.

Agreed, we need more tranny threads

>379840881
hahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha wtfffffffff

>379841443
You heard, Pablo.

yep thats me, except my program was PROBE. still a loser.

WTF are there really people who have no imagination? How do they even have memories if you can't see things in your head? This must be a joke

What's the whole idea behind shape visualization? That people who can't are NPCs or otherwise unintelligent?

It seems simple enough - I can even imagine the taste and smell.

>how do they have memories?
lol.
you think normies have any sort of memory?
lmao

G&T kid w/ many G&T frens here, now in late 20's. Most ppl pretty successful, a handful of drug addicts. Not that much to say other than you probably shouldn't just take the smart kids and then put them with absolute weirdo teachers who let them run wild all day. We all could have used much, much more discipline in our lives as kids and teens. But it worked out fine for me and most of the people I know.

When I was a kid we had something called EXTEND. I didn't learn until I was well into adulthood that they wanted to put me in it but my dad wouldn't let them. My guess is they disbanded these programs because niggers are too stupid to get into them and anything that has standards a nigger can't meet are racist.

Jannies always nuke these threads

why?

Maybe they don't need school access to psychologically assess minors anymore. Plenty profiling data to work from these days.

Maybe they were special needs students and this is revenge, I don't know. It will be bummed though, just watch.

I can't help but think this is either trolling or they are misunderstanding the question. If you show someone and apple and a pear they will be able to tell which is which. They have all the necessary information in their mind. There is no reason why they can't imagine the features of an apple.

gay faggot nigger troon go cope on a rope would you

because they are aphantasia trannies

GATE is just people who are 95th percentile. They're still dumb as fuck usually. You have to go another standard deviation higher to get smart people.

Only really large school districts have enough people to fill classrooms with people 3 SDs above the mean. San Diego had this and it was called GATE Seminar. The kids were all really smart and ended up successful. The regular GATE kids were mostly dumb.

They made these programs because in the 60s and 70s, kids who scored really highly on aptitude tests had really high rates of disciplinary problems. This is because they were bored out of their mind in their classes and would act out. They put the programs in, and the kids improved a lot.

When states added standardized testing to determine school funding (under Bush I think?), schools leaned into these programs because the smart kids carried the schools funding-wise.

Now that things are all pozzed out and retarded, the programs are getting defunded because of equity or some stupid bullshit.

We all had to take Ravens Progressive Matrices IQ test in 2nd grade to qualify for these programs. Most of the kids in seminar were white or asian, but there were a couple mexicans too.

Attached: MacArthur_Geniuses.png (831x911, 1.03M)