How much better was life in the 1990s?

How much better was life in the 1990s?

Attached: 70874234227.jpg (480x360, 19.82K)

Only marginally so. The world has been on a downward spiral since 1949, perhaps even earlier but I wasn’t old enough to know. We’re fucked.

I had a mtn dew pager and a skateboard. Now i have a 50inch tv too

Look up Total Recall for a feel of the 90s

It was a time when America was normal and peaceful. There was no racism and everybody got along.

Better in every single aspect BUT internet speed. Which isn't negative by itself (the expectation and waiting for a gif to download overnight).

Is it 4k?

Exactly, I really wish it was as peaceful now as it was back then.

Attached: ap-17108790382971.jpg (3000x1992, 1.6M)

Infinitely so. The 2010s were literally hell world. The 2020s are even worse. Things are about to swing back by the late 2020s tho.

Attached: 1652467314240.jpg (668x1024, 72.58K)

You can get the McRib at many gas stations

>There was no racism and everybody got along.
This is a good thing?

it was infinitely better, retard zoomers have no idea what they're talking about

thanks!

It had its good and bad points like any other time period.

Gotta say though, I miss how tight knit our communities used to be. I used to know everybody in my town, dozens of phone numbers by heart, you name it. Now I don’t know anyone’s number, and barely know my neighbor.

Yes we need more diversity in America.

It was more segregated, and that's a good thing. America has only gotten worse with integration.

this

It was definitely better. I don’t think it’s normal or healthy for people to be able to share thoughts and information with so many people, so quickly, all the time, uninterrupted.

In the 90s the only social media was learning how to code HTML and making a shitty Geocities website to share with your friends on AIM/ICQ. It was better that way. Ideas spread more slowly, in more right-knit circles. Your mind had a moment’s rest to think about things by itself, instead of constantly being inundated with new memes and outside ideas.

Slow information travel allowed you to be more human, to develop in your own bubble instead of sharing your information bubble with a ton of strangers. (Yes, we had online forums back then, but they were mostly for discussing niche interests with smaller communities — memes were barely developed as a concept and spread much more slowly)

wtf
wtf
the americuck reveals his true form

Mankind is definitely in a "growing pain" kind of cycle right now. But no growth without a little pain.

Not much better. things are actually way better now.
>we have smart phones
>no one needs to write pen to paper anymore because of tech
>we can communicate with one another at the tap of a smart phone like in a sci-fi movie
>we have based brand new medical technologies
>we have electric cars
>we have the technology to monitor and track literally anything so if you order something you can track it
>books are becoming obsolete because we can just upload data instead for consumption
>we have social media
>we have lasic surgery for the eyes
>we have Propecia for hair, making baldness almost optional for most men
>we have advanced military technology
>we have less pollution because we sent all the dirty jobs to China and we are slowly pushing chuds out of their cars and onto trains and bikes instead
>we have health movements like veganism making people healthier
>we have brand new high tech vaccines to make us healthy
>we are going to abolish suburbs and create high density housing to create more efficient housing options for all people in emerging smart cities that will help fight climate change
Only thing that kind of sucks now is that Roe v. Wade is going to be overturned, but luckily we have the technology to get around that with ride share services for womyn who need medical services so that they can access them in more civilized states.

Attached: Screenshot_20211030-085857_DuckDuckGo.jpg (973x1113, 412.32K)

>thinking peace is a bad thing

That's a staged pic, girls didn't have clown hair in the 90s.

it wasn't really
your just grown up now snowflake

welcome to the party.

lol

how am I meant to know I wasn't born yet

Attached: 1613952226399.jpg (400x400, 15.92K)

McRib always sucked. Music was slightly better. Mostly the same with less internet access and drama w that.

I really miss the 90´s nihilism of mutual nuclear annihilation. Now even the nukes are gay. Fuck this clown world! REEEE!

I know, she has some others with a flat screen tv as well. Still gives off some comfy nostalgia though.

Attached: bc8hplo2efo51~2.jpg (1000x872, 115.12K)

>fings was cheapa in da past dat mean it was betta!

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 97.41K)

A hell of a lot better. Almost as good as the 80s. I wish I could remember the 70s, but I was barely there.