Is city maintenance legal?

I recieved a letter on my door that if i don't cut my grass they will fine me and imprison me. I can't keep anything in my yard either because it's a city code violation. The police drive by and take pictures and every day something is in your yard is $50. I live in a city of 500 but i don't want to dox myself. Any anons know if this is legal? Is city code written by a few people?

Attached: Cry.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

You're a retarded nigger. Cut your grass and get rid of your broken down cars.

Sounds like a glorified hoa. You'd probably have to talk to the local counsel, but since your town is so small it sounds like you have a good chance of finding more people to petition against it

>imprison me
>all that I see
>absolute horror
Cut your grass, nigger

google institute for justice. they're kock brother funded but this is their shit.

are you a nigger?
Why am I asking I see the flag
Dumb nigger cut your grass

Thanks anons for the information
I can't keep anything in my yard leaf. Not tools, not a book shelf I'm building, not even a ball. It's communist

Fuck lawns. Plant a food garden.
If you really want to fuck with them, sheet-mulch your entire lawn with cardboard and densely plant corn.

Attached: A8B9B9C4-BCD4-4241-BA2B-E9CB772E2D68.jpg (493x308, 85.1K)

The garden is great, but the house is aids.

So this is how the land of the free works in practice?
lol
lmao

Planting food is illegal too I bet in the city, can't have the plebs being self sufficient.

Sadly yes. How can the city make up rules on private property?

Stop being a lazy nigger
Your neighbors don't want to live next to some place that looks like an overgrown dump you child

Yes, there's plenty of case law on the subject. Your yard is hosting rats, snakes, and other vermin that negatively affect the rest of the neighborhood. They can fine you and place a lien against your house, which could lead to it being sold at auction.
Doubt they can imprison you, though depending on your state, they can send out a social worker to access your mental stability. If they think you're a danger to yourself or the community, they can have you committed to a psychiatric facility.

Leave.

And at this point, consider these occurrences your neighbors telling you to fuck off.

post a pic of your yard

Call the city and ask them to provide the statutes that you are violating. If they can't provide them, tell them to go fuck themselves next time they try to fine you

Kek, land of the free dumb. But at least you have your gunz. To do with them, exactly what? You cannot even rule your home.

>You're under arrest for resisting arrest!

In what state can a city be only 500 people? Around here 500 people can only form a township and townships are limited in what codes they can pass and enforce.

Post a picture of your yard for an objective opinion of your situation.

Why wouldn't the city be able to cite its own laws? Property upkeep laws are extremely common so odds are very good that OP's city has them. Guess he can give it a try on the very small chance that his particular town doesn't actually have such a law, but it's almost certainly going to be a waste of time.

>cut my grass

You signed the covenant when you moved in, cut your grass loser. Or suffer the consequences…

Attached: 3ADC5436-CAF8-4D2A-8356-2ED73FB9B8BB.jpg (1007x946, 321.27K)

>i live in a city of 500
that's not a city dumbass that's a fucking small settlement

honda makes great lawn mowers.

Some states allow you to have an incorporated municipality with as few as one person. The difference between a city, a town, and a village in many states doesn't exist. In others, they're clearly defined. Townships exist in only twenty states. A "city" of 500 isn't very weird but one that size that enforces lawn regulations is a bit odd. OP probably is widely disliked and the people of the town want to nudge him into leaving.

Write back saying you are jewish and how your relatives died in the holocaust

The only reason they wouldn't be able to cite them is if they don't exist. In that scenario, OP can tell them to fuck off, but yes, most likely they do have laws and OP should just not be a nigger and cut his grass. If his yard is presentable, they would most likely overlook minor shit like a few items in the yard

I agree. What is more nice than a beautiful garden in someones front yard? The best homes always have a front garden instead of an ugly lawn. It's better for wildlife too - every politician claims to be all eco-friendly but then they enforce monoculture lawns. Very bizarre.

if you dont cut your grass they come cut it for you and charge you $200 for the privilege. they don't arrest or imprison you, retard.

Yeah we call them anti nigger bylaws here

probably depends on the city. the us has like 30,000 "urban" areas and in the overwhelming 99.9% majority of them it's perfectly legal to do things like plant a food garden and collect rainwater as long as you don't turn into an unkempt nuisance.