An ar-15 is not an assault rifle

an ar-15 is not an assault rifle.

Attached: 1645328666723.jpg (750x714, 48.3K)

then what is it?

a penis substitute

"AR" stand for "assault rifle" you illiterate chud.

a semi-automatic civilian grade variant of the m16 and m4 series of rifles a rifle must be automatic for to be considered an assault weapon

It’s actually Autistic Retard.

rare

This is bait, don’t correct him, just call him a nigger

Stands for Armalite Rifle. Dipshit.

>civilian grade
is this supposed to mean something to me?

Attached: 1653267470947.jpg (500x688, 42K)

I fired automatic hot sperm loads into your moms mouth last night, does that make my dick an AR?

It stands for Arma-Lite you moron, a company that sold their rights to the gun model to Colt, and is now produced worldwide as the most common modular rifle. Asshats have tried changing the definition of 'assault rifle' to include them and others over the years, but most civilian sold guns of the 50+ varieties aren't full autos with 10 hard points to add accessories to. Most of them aren't even mostly metal.

I'm not even sure it should stand for Armalite Rifle rather than just Armalite, only reason I suspect this is due to the existence of the AR-17 which is an Armalite shotgun.

Attached: 1653514610682.jpg (724x1024, 96.97K)

Nigger

The first AR-15 SP1 was originally marketed as a varmint gun to civilians. Used for plinking wild pigs, coyotes, groundhogs and various other critters that could ruin a farmer's day. It was machined specifically to prevent it from being illegally modified into a fully automatic weapon.

Its not, but you don't need one. You're never going to use that giant paperweight for anything but a mass shooting

Academic Remover

how are you going to overthrow the oppresive white supremacist nation of AMERIKKKA? If you don't have a rifle?

>>an ar-15 is not an assault rifle.

UM AKTUALLY the a stands for assault and the r stands for rifle and the 15 stands for the fact that it's really fifteen different rifles at the same time, so every ar-15 is actually fifteen separate assault rifles simultaneously so anyway now you know thank you for reading

wow, thank you so much for correcting the record

RAAAAAARE

>You're never going to use that giant paperweight for anything but a mass shooting
It's not that much different than other rifles made today. It's common because it's about 1lb lighter because of all the composite materials they use. Which is why the AR-15 was adopted to the AR-10, which was then changed into a more solid more metal gun by the US, then other militaries into the M16 series.

checked

This is correct. Assault rifles are by definition select fire. But nobody calls it an assault rifle, they call it an "assault weapon" which is a term made up by polititions.