Video Essays

Why is this format so popular with leftists?

Attached: qpvha10mtdx71.png (640x787, 380.66K)

It gives them an excuse to be pretentious and act knowledgable in a field they know nothing about, of course Leftists love them

>Tfw I saw a 3 part video essay on why the new Star Wars sucked and each was 8 hours long

If it's not redlettermedia ,doomcock or efap gtfo

Because they like lecturing people about shit that has no meaning or that tickles their version of autism.

>lots of words
>little substance
Why do you think?

What, exactly, is wrong with a long runtime if the topic calls for it?

Lecture me on Mt. Nigger, Australia

/thread

The written language is the only acceptable medium for topics of any depth or substance. This is obvious if you try to listen to something like Nietzsche on audio book, with heavy topics you need to read at your own pace and take time to reflect.

But they are not interested in depth and substance. They are interested in fame and money and you get more of that with a youtube video then a book. There is no depth or substance in these (again because they are not interested in them), there is so little they need to put random visuals on the screen to hold your attention while any deep subject the words would hold your attention and the images would be a distraction.

As for why they are 8 hours long. Complete retards can babble on forever about anything, they do it because they can't think. While people who can think can say profound things in less time. Such as this post which contains more explanatory power then an 8 hour video.

Based old anglos doing what old anglos do, hating niggers. Rip modern Australia lest we forget.

>written language*
>the written word*
"The written language" isn't a phrase.

e;r is hilarious fuck you

QuentinReviews?

It's the same as it is with still image memes. They need everything explained to them and have no grasp of subtext or reading between the lines. I once made the mistake of posting a video link to reddit. I won't do it again. The responses were so atrocious I deleted my account after making 3 posts. The video contained no words or explanation, only images, but very descriptive images that told a very clear narrative a monkey could understand. Not a single one of them understood it. One of them even said 'This video has no content'. I think I know why this is. They have no original thought. They cannot put 2 and 2 together. They are bots. They have an input function and an output function. The input function requires external input or else they have no way to connect any dots, they cannot think critically on any subject. Were it not for the 10 hours of video essays they would have no opinions. They are what are referred to as 'hylics' in the more advanced levels of NPC lore.

Attached: 198782345324.jpg (738x735, 275.1K)

I thought about making a YouTube channel and video essays might be some of the best content to make money
>Long run time so more adds
>Most are only audio and have a stock picture slideshow as video
>Stupid rambling people forget 10 minutes after listening to it
>So many talking points you often don't get called out if you make mistakes
>Take very little effort to make
>Bonus point for me, I can just rip off the talking points of already existing English videos, mix them up and translate for my local audience

I watched an 8 hour essay on why Dark Souls 2 is bad for some reason

Attached: margit.png (405x532, 184.52K)

It isn't unique to leftists. It is just generic content people listen to while playing vidya. It is just infotainment where some guy drones on in a vaguely entertaining way so you don't feel like you're doing nothing while grinding MMO mobs.

Trash Theory does a pretty good job, and the format is supplemented by sampling songs

I've been thinking of doing the same. Doing animated meme edits takes forever so you wind up spending dozens of hours on a 2 minute video that gets you nowhere in terms of exposure and growing your channel. I got salty that no one seems to understand my content, but I forget that people on normie web are also extremely normalfag so they need more than a quick rundown, or zero rundown, they need a full rundown to understand what they're watching. My plan is to do maybe 1 or 2 more cryptic videos that make no sense, then follow up with video essays exploring the topics. If you're thinking of doing it, I'd say go for it. Just have a conversation with yourself and record it, maybe you'll come across some good insights as you're speaking your thoughts out loud.

>leftists
It's a zoomer thing, not a leftist thing.

It's just zoomers imitating social life.

>MMO mobs
lol how old are you?

most of them drive me nuts. there's a certain vocal inflection that just sounds very insincere. it's as if they're placing too much emphasis on the importance of what they're saying, like they're all trying to be vsauce but they're content is boring and uninteresting to watch or listen to. asha logos is alright though and i like john michael godier.

Attached: quinton.jpg (964x845, 117.86K)