I work for the IRS. Ask me anything

Just to be upfront: I don't work for Examinations or Criminal Investigations. Examinations are the guys who conduct audits, and Criminal Investigations are the guys who actually investigate you once an audit has determined there's sufficient evidence for tax fraud.

I'm a customer service rep. I'm the guy you might speak to if you call the IRS's hotline to ask about the status of your refund, if you're responding to a notice, if you want to correct an error on your return, etc.

Besides working the phones, I also examine returns that have been flagged as having math errors, missing forms, etc. Based on what I examine, I either issue you a notice, or adjust your account if the issue has been resolved.

I MAY route returns to examinations if they look sketchy (such as having evidence of identity fraud) or if you haven't responded to a notice, but for the most part that's not a routine part of my work. Still I'll try to answer any questions you may have

Attached: IRS.jpg (3000x2700, 905.17K)

With the recent 5th circuit court ruling administrative courts (like the ones you prosecute tax offenders in) are unconstitutional, how does the agency plan to handle cases that now could require a jury?
And one follow up:
How does the IRS expect to find a jury that has a positive view of the IRS?

Attached: yeu6i7u6o87i9p80.jpg (225x224, 6.35K)

When is Biden with a controlled house going to create a bill to tax billionaires?

Attached: yeah.jpg (1388x1001, 131.71K)

>tax collector here, ama
kill yourself motherfucker

Attached: 1642059298408.jpg (1024x1016, 87.57K)

what is the IRS doing to creat a more comfortable environment for lgbtq+ and people of color?

why aren’t the homeless and crazy people not liable for failure to file?

How do you sleep at night?

Excuse me sir, we're here to collect your back taxe...

Attached: glowgoboom.gif (370x281, 1.98M)

Can I stop paying taxes if I don't feel represented by my "elected" government officials?

if im selling drugs how can i save my earning without drawing attention? very small time. 1800 usd a month. i have a regular job also, fast food worker

Like I said, I don't work for Examinations or Criminal Investigations. I have no idea how they will deal with legal situations like that. Actually, that would probably be a question for someone who works in the IRS's Office of General Counsel (which administratively, is effectively seperate from the rest of the IRS).

Actually if you're on the phone with me, and you ask me a specific question in regards to tax law (such as, "what should I do to pay less tax"), I'm not allowed to answer that question (nor would I be able to since I'm not a CPA)

Where's my check nigger?

>1 post by this id
Feds are kikes

Attached: 1612236603008.gif (500x249, 1.9M)

The last 3 years I have filed my taxes, had them go through, paid what I owed, then months later gotten a check for 3 dollars. I've never cashed this 3 dollar check as I don't know what the fuck it is for. What is it for?

How much are you guys inspecting tax returns with crypto transactions? Like to what level will you investigate, and what's a "big" return you would note closely scrutinize?

You guys owe me over 30 grand. I call you about it twice a year and you always say either
"We sent you a check" or "We have no idea, we'll look into it and get back to you sir"
What the fuck? It's been like 6 years or something. I'm not some crumb who's dying over it, but come on!

I owed $1800 for some stock shit in 2018 that I got the letter for in 2019, and have since been ignoring since you're just taking it out of my tax returns. I owe like fifty bucks now. Is there any consequence whatsoever to continuing to ignore a balance owed under like five grand? outside of the interest and fees?

Bro get a lawyer soon, I think they only owe you that shit for so long and then they literally get to keep it.

Honeypot thread; don't tell these kikes anything.

Which of your black or female supervisors do you cower before the most?

In reality you're nothing more than a man with a wip beating white taxpayer slaves so that the black/brown/jew slave masters get their free shit.

Taxation without representation is slavery. Whites have NO representation in their countries.

No idea. I can tell you that Trump's bill evidently changed a lot in the IRS. A lot of our internal manual now has seperate procedures for pre-2018 and post-2018 tax returns

I don't work in collections. The people who call you telling to pay up are another department

Most of my co-workers are already black, and a lot have been there for over 10 years

They are (if they somehow have income). But if they send us a return filled with gibberish, then I route that to Examinations

Pretty comfortably. Federal benefits are great. And for the most part, I'm mainly helping people get larger refunds after they made a mistake on their return

Nope. Then you would be flagged as a "Frivolous Filer". Besides you, that includes black people who refuse to pay taxes because they think they are owed reparations, self-proclaimed Sovereign Citizens, people who assert the Federal Reserve or the IRS is illegitimate, etc.

If you're dealing mainly in cash, you should be good. Having a fast food job and filing your income from that job correctly will mean I will probably never have to examine your return. Just make sure you don't attract too much attention

>I'm a customer service rep. I'm the guy you might speak to if you call the IRS's hotline to ask about the status of your refund, if you're responding to a notice, if you want to correct an error on your return, etc.
You MOTHERFUCKERS dont even answer the fucking phone...

I've been trying to get through to someone at the IRS for weeks. Why do you guys have no one answering the phone?

I have a brother who claims to be special needs and gets all kinds of benefits, but in private he always brags about not having to work even though he can and has had jobs before.
>inb4 based lol
No, he's a soiboi caricature. Anyway, can I nail him with fraud?

how much did they pay you? and how did you get to work there

How many Jews do you talk to?

They'll just pick republican jurors since republicans are obsessed with being controlled by the government

>internal manual
I suppose that it would be rather difficult for somebody outside of the IRS to get their hands on it.
It would make sense for them to keep it under wraps.

Last year I made multiple withdrawals and sold off portions of my crypto holdings (peaked at $25,000).

I withdrew the money sometimes in increments of $1,000 at a time. I had to file for a tax filing extension for the first time in my life because I have been having trouble tracking down and finding all of the trading history (to prove a net profit or net loss) on the investments.

So long as I report my earnings accurately and correctly to the best of my ability, I don't have anything to be worried about right? I'm afraid I'm going to get audited by the IRS or investigated for money laundering due to my sporadic withdrawals, the way the payments were taken out.

Granted I'm not laundering money and I have about 90% of the transaction history, though the remaining 10% is off so I would have to by my memory which is pretty sharp.

TL;DR So long as I report everything honestly and truthfully, should I be worried about getting audited or contacted by the IRS?

Go here to check: irs.gov/refunds
If normal processing time has elasped (3 weeks for electronic returns, and 6 weeks for paper returns), then call the hotline number. We'll be able to see why you haven't gotten it yet. Be prepared to wait on hold for several hours though (because we're underfunded and can't hire customer service reps fast enough)

>I'm a customer service rep.
So a nobody with no real information?
Here's a question
Why should we care?

There is a hammer and sickle hidden in that image.

Why are you lagging with my refund?

>I'm mainly helping people

Attached: 1241245235.png (250x325, 112.16K)

>IRS hotline

Attached: 57913527651297.png (846x1200, 1.58M)

Im appreciative of all the customer service ive ever received from IRS.
Ive seen A bunch of high profile audits for
Politicial retaliation, how woke is
The IRS from your viewpoint?

I hate the antichrist and your kike agency it is sucking the blood out of america

Fuck off leech

What’s your pay grade, OP?

We probably adjusted your account and determined you were owed a refund. If you're owed a refund, no matter how small, we issue you a check. Usually you're issued a notice if we adjust your account though, and explain why exactly we adjusted it. Did no notice come with the check?

>Be prepared to wait on hold for several hours though (because we're underfunded and can't hire customer service reps fast enough)
Bitch motherfucker its the FUCKING IRS. You know, a government agency? You literally collect trillions of dollars supposedly why the FUCK cant the IRS afford more employees to pay off the debt?
>but im just a lackey, user...
fuck you

When will you fuckers process my amended return? It's been more than four months.

Also, i sold a bunch of crypto for cash 3 years ago on an exchange that no longer exists…..Am i safe?

I make about 54k a year. Why was my income tax return only like $35 both this year and last year? If memory serves, in the past I made like 58k in a similar role and I had like a $800 or something tax return

Why do you groom school shooters?

I did not notice those officers at the top left corner and I seen this same gif God knows how many times.

EA here. I do resolution work. Do you guys have any idea when things will get back normal? I can’t get anyone to answer the phones at PPS.

No notice, just a check.

info cunt

I haven't filed my taxes yet, how long until I get a knock on my door

You're still getting money back?
You just made the audit list.