Advice on returning to the church?

My best friend’s Dad is on his death bed…I remember being taken to a Catholic church as a kid but I fell for the atheism meme as an edgy teen and the pedo slander as an adult, not understanding how important the church was to the safe, stable, high-trust community I grew up in.

Watching the world collapse, it’s hard to deny that the guidance, wisdom and meaning religion gives people, being abandoned to embrace degeneracy, worship false idols, and chase instant gratification is at the core of this. As a single man the lockdowns have especially shown me the importance of family & community.

I just tried to pray for my friend’s Dad and I think I finally understand what humbling yourself before God means…I always thought it was an external thing, trying to please a superior by acting subservient.

But the amount I struggled just now with actually praying, all alone in my apartment, made me realize it’s about letting go of your own ego & pride that are in your way of your connection to God. “I can’t do this, it feels silly, I’m praying to le spaghetti monster” I thought, balking over & over at actually putting my hands together…but then I thought: maybe that’s the point. Maybe humbling yourself is internal, overcoming barriers protecting your self-image, your judgement & your “smarter than thou” ego to sincerely ask for help, guidance, love…and facing with how arrogant, foolish & shameful you were to reject God until you needed something from Him…realizing you honestly couldn’t blame Him if He decided you don’t deserve it.

I prayed for my friend’s Dad, but honestly I’m not sure I managed to do it with the level of sincerity it deserves…I went through the motions but was still guarding my pride and I feel like I need to try again until I can truly let go of that.

Has anyone here returned to the church after a lifetime away? Can you just walk into one like in movies? I feel like everyone will know I don’t belong there and I’m ashamed I judged them all my whole life.

Attached: 50C82107-87DA-42BE-8B56-DD4717A76261.jpg (500x750, 73.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fsspx.ca/en
latinmass.com/tlmfinder
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much do you get paid to post retarded shit here? and how do i get in on it?

based
When I became an edgy atheist, I thought that without religion, we'd become an enlightened society at peace with Earth. Wrong: islam and a perverse consumer religion filled the void.

Attached: heisenberg.jpg (403x403, 119.68K)

>I’m not sure I managed to do it with the level of sincerity it deserves
The Catholic church has has millennia to think about this shit. They figured out that you can focus on the ritual first, and true belief comes gradually.

Why would you want to return to the Satanic papist cult?

Avoid the evangelicals, they are totally pozzed and simp for israel

OP actually outlined it in the post. What was the point of this?

The problem is that all religions say different things. Even Christians cant decide who is right among them

Haven't been able to connect in any church. How about we just ressurect the Eleusinian Mysteries and don't let any normies in

matthew 6 gives us our instructions for prayer, firstly none of this boastful "thoughts and prayers" bs, nothing done in public to be seen and so on. Secondly you were mostly doing it right as you described. have a quick read through picrel + a few lines that didn't make the snip.

Attached: matthew 6 niv.jpg (775x922, 122.46K)

Teachers commit a lot more sex related crimes than priests.

Yes sir. The more you explore the more you realize someone more powerful and intelligent created it all.

I have aftera long time. It's not easy.

I had a wise man who was a janitor [like no shit lol] tell me once that Satan is intentionally splitting us apart from each other. Isolate from the church and family, then he swoops in. It's a constant battle, he explains.

Very interesting metaphor if nothing else. But yes, it's possible to return.

>Has anyone here returned to the church after a lifetime away? Can you just walk into one like in movies?

I feel like every time I walk into a church after a break it's the same thing, they always read the Prodigal Son that day.

I'm not too sure about the "church" buildings I sort of feel that the church is the religious community you surround yourself with and in my eyes at this moment the church is convened between you and I and several others on this internet board full of degenerates and devils.

fsspx.ca/en

Go to them, they will fill you in.

as far as i know you're not supposed to trust the church or something, just have jesus in your heart
but i'm not christian, im just somebody trying to figure out if god and all that is real.

Go to one of these catholic churches, especially SSPX if it's nearby. Trust me
latinmass.com/tlmfinder

>Watching the world collapse
They're the ones causing the collapse, dummy.

Attached: 1636155488160.png (851x875, 478.22K)

>as far as i know you're not supposed to trust the church or something, just have jesus in your heart
>but i'm not christian, im just somebody trying to figure out if god and all that is real.

Yeah, so this is my interpretation for what it's worth. If you read the bible every time Jesus stepped foot in a temple after he was baptized he was causing trouble. Flipping stuff over or healing (working) on the Sabbath or some other controversial thing and he had a lot of criticisms of the temples back then. Fast forward to today and I get the feel that our current "churches" (buildings) have a lot of the same things going on that Jesus was criticizing the temples for back in the day. Take a look at picrel and have a interweb search for the sauce in the bible and you will see that it to many of us seems that passage to clearly describe the modern Catholic Church, with the daughters being all the other churches that broke off of the catholic church which most can be identified by still holding the Sabbath on Sunday. Church as a building vs. church as a community is key to me. In my opinion you are correct in assuming that you having a relationship with God is significantly more important than having a relationship with a building and if you allow your beliefs to be formed by your understandings gained from reading the bible then you walk into one of the buildings you will see the discontinuities. It is still important to share your relationship with God with others in your life, to build your own community, your own church. It's cool that you can pop on here and find people but it's even better if you can find people IRL to look in the eye and share God's love with.

Attached: catholic church revilations.jpg (600x450, 116.57K)

I suggest joining a men's bible study group first before becoming part of a congregation.

Queer