Second Amendment Explained

This has been deliberately obfuscated with time. A simple substitution of terms clarifies what the Second Amendment actually means.

A sun, being necessary to the survival of life on Earth, the right of the people to own and wear Hats, shall not be infringed.

The point isnt that youre allowed to own a gun if you join a militia, the point is that you, individually, can own a gun BECAUSE of the necessary evil of a militia.

The first part of the amendment is simply explaining why it is there, the second part unambiguously explains your right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Attached: 4F676723-9DB5-497B-99ED-1963696FD552.jpg (750x375, 119.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/interpretation/amendment-ii/interps/99
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump for great education. Another substitution of terms to illustrate the intended syntax of the amendment:

A criminal judicial system, being necessary to the safety and justice of a people, the right of the people to access and retain a lawyer, shall not be infringed.

Again, the second part lays out what you have a right to, and the first part explains why it is necessary.

Bumping again, CIAniggers can eat my balls. Another substitution of terms:

A stovetop, being necessary for the cooking of food, the right of the people to purchase fire extinguishers, shall not be infringed.

You are the check that keeps the regulated militia in balance.

Bump.

Exercise, being necessary for the maintenance of health, the right of the people to participate in sports, shall not be infringed.

No moran. Libraries are great. Being necessary for an informed population, the right to own books shall not be infringed.

You dont need a fucking library card to read a book.

Dont be an idiot.

>Aussie
Opinion invalidated

You are misunderstanding the point, probably deliberately.

The point is not that a library is a guaranteed right, the point is that the sentence is structured in such a way that the reasoning for the right precedes what the right actually is.

You dont have a constitutional right to libraries but the first amendment rewritten in the style of the second could read.

Open communication, being necessary to examining the merits of any idea, the right of the people to speak and write freely, shall not be infringed.

Stop being a nigger. You know what i am saying and are being glib because you cant actually refute what is being said.

You form a milita when needed. If you form a milita to defend your store from a pack of joggers, you need a rifle.

Militias are good therefore people should have guns. Thats the second amendment.

You dont have to agree with it. It can be changed but its pretty fucking clear.

Your constitution was written by non-Americans by definition, jackass.

They were geniuses and you are squandering your inheritance because youre vain, stupid people. The fact you need an Australian to explain the second amendment to you is pathetic.

Prove me wrong or suck my cock dry you fucking dumb nigger. Protip: you cant.

This thread sucks.

There is no right to form a militia. There is a right to bear arms to facilitate militias.

The next bullshit you are going to sling is that the right to peaceably assemble means I have a right to ikea furniture.

constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/interpretation/amendment-ii/interps/99

You have the right to bear arms, the first part is there because anti-federalists wanted to protect the state's right of a militia. The cope was that at least people get guns that can't be infringed against the tyranny of the fed.
Most state militias are fed controlled now anyways, the USA got lucky.

It is clear, but yet here you are misunderstanding it.

The context in which it was written is that people were afraid of replacing a foreign tyrant with an even worse local one. A regulated militia, a government military, is necessary to the survival of a nation. But because it also poses a threat, unchecked, every American is also guaranteed the right to arm themselves.

The syntax is completely misunderstood today because of decades of wilful miseducation. I am not the one attempting to change it, it already says what I am saying it says.

Substituting new terms therein makes that clear. First part, here is why this amendment is necessary, second part heres what it guarantees.

Learn to fucking read you Amerifat bastards.

For a vain stupid people that hate having their miseducation brought to their attention, Im sure it does suck.

Why dont you fuck off to a tranny thread then you turncoat cunt.

I cant help that you are illiterate. Maybe you shot stop sniffing petrol.

"The right of the people to bear arms" means what then?

There is precisely that in the constitution as intended and written.

Ive made that perfectly clear already. Boomer tier jokes and glibness are all you have.

Petrol sniffing is an aboriginal meme. Im just as likely to throw a “shrimp on the barby” as sniff petrol.

Bump.

Can I be a militia of one?

Attached: george+washington+on+guns.jpg (500x500, 40.71K)

Based.

Thats exactly what I am saying, and what the second amendment is saying.

Thank you for sharing.

Yes, as an antidote or counterweight to the well regulated militia.

“A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
- Richard Henry Lee, Federal Farmer No. 18, January 25, 1788

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops."
- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788

"...the ultimate authority, wherever the derivative may be found, resides in the people alone..."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
- James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434, June 8, 1789

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

Leftists misread the first part but the first part would stop the shootings. Nobody is ever there to prevent these from happening.

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824

"On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 12 June 1823

"I enclose you a list of the killed, wounded, and captives of the enemy from the commencement of hostilities at Lexington in April, 1775, until November, 1777, since which there has been no event of any consequence ... I think that upon the whole it has been about one half the number lost by them, in some instances more, but in others less. This difference is ascribed to our superiority in taking aim when we fire; every soldier in our army having been intimate with his gun from his infancy."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Giovanni Fabbroni, June 8, 1778

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

i'd actually love to join a militia. maybe down the road.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

"This may be considered as the true palladium of liberty.... The right of self defense is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction."
- St. George Tucker, Blackstone's Commentaries on the Laws of England, 1803

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms, like law, discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The balance ofpower is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside. And while a single nation refuses to lay them down, it is proper that all should keep them up. Horrid mischief would ensue were one-half the world deprived of the use of them; for while avarice and ambition have a place in the heart of man, the weak will become a prey to the strong. The history of every age and nation establishes these truths, and facts need but little arguments when they prove themselves."
- Thomas Paine, "Thoughts on Defensive War" in Pennsylvania Magazine, July 1775

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

The 2md amendment is useless when 90% of america thinks the pigs are on their side

Its e called lone wolf and it is the most dangerous soldier in existence because there are no communications to intercept

If you are a U.S. citizen, able-bodied male under the age of 45 then you are already in the U.S. militia.

>There is no right to form a militia
amerimuts have the right to form militias to protect themselves and their property, including businesses. Many form militias during riots and after disasters to protect against looting. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed, you the people can form armed militias when needed. It can't be any clearer.

Thanks Aussie bro for standing up for us :) fuck these glowniggers shills anyways I think their all forgetting that they wanted to force vaccinated us about 6 months ago that’s why we have the 2nd amendment to put bullets into fools who just mindless implement tyranny. After the whole covid vaccine shit that’s a good enough reason for u faggot cuck glowniggers to shut the fuck up.

The last country with this right.

>In the cases DeShaney vs. Winnebago and Town of Castle Rock vs. Gonzales, the supreme court has ruled that police agencies are not obligated to provide protection of citizens. In other words, police are well within their rights to pick and choose when to intervene to protect the lives and property of others — even when a threat is apparent.

In both of these court cases, clear and repeated threats were made against the safety of children — but government agencies chose to take no action.