Give me the cold, hard truth about Chicago

I'm heading to Chicago next month to visit relatives. What should I be aware of? What's the city's political and crime situation?

For the record, I'm white and Canadian and this is my first time in the city. My cousins live in the suburbs, in Forest Park. But we're going to be spending most of our time downtown.

Is Chi-town really as bad as the media makes it seem? Is Lightfoot really that corrupt?

Attached: chicago-loop.jpg (900x542, 350.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heyjackass.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Total hellhole, stay out.

Stay away from the far south side, far west side and niggers in general. You'll be fine.

In what ways?

>far west side
Which hoods are those?

super elite chicago user here. i'll answer all of your actual questions if you're serious.

Don't trust this guy he's a rapist

Is the underground FEMA camp real?

How common are shootings?

Are shootings becoming more common downtown?

How is the metro system? Is it safe? What are the chances of a shootout happening on the metro?

Garfield Park.... just stay off the Green line. stay within ten blocks of Clark street.

Just don't go to Chicago retard lmao

No need to go west of the river really. Stay north and east of downtown and it’s fine

Real Robert Hours

Attached: CPD Lao Yang.gif (1605x1070, 933.69K)

Stay north of State Street if you don’t want to be murdered by a pack of feral ghouls.

DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH THE LOCAL WILDLIFE.

He wants to go there to get shot user lol

>Which hoods are those?
ummm, Forest Park for one. you're actually safer downtown.

Hahah
Shootings happen where niggers are. 99% of what you see in the media is gang violence that happens between niggers in neighborhoods that are obvious that you need to stay away from.

>check your keys Robert
Comfiest threads

Whatever happened to Chicago World News? I miss watching that guy.

It was once prosperous but now only downtown north is--rest is crap, ghetto as fuck.

>When a man named Al Capone
Tried to make that town his own
And he called his gang to war
With the forces of the law
I heard my mama cry
I heard her pray the night Chicago died
Brother, what a night it really was
Brother, what a fight it really was
Glory be

It's all niggers and scum. Stay away.

Seems like it

Forest Park is barely a suburb it's in Cook County and just stick to the Loop and the Northside and you won't get nigged.
t. Former Chicagoan & fellow Canuckistani

They keep beating their record year of shootings every year. Just don't go out at night because it's maga country.

Attached: Chiraq 2017.jpg (1086x1392, 346.1K)

mass shooting at state n chicago a week ago
stay out of the loop i guess, its aspensive, but thats where the mobs of youths go and hang out.
youll be fine tho, the loop is what most people think chicago is, theres museums n shit there too, i dont care for the endless bars.
forest park, just watch out if it starts to look funny, theres a line between nice and ghetto heavily policed
yes, for the love of fuck watch out and dont leave your car in a dumb spot, watch for shady evil doers, mobs of teens, youll be fine
dont go to like garfield park or anywhere in the south below 290, barring a few cool spots. go to the museum of science and industry
just watch your surroundings
if you want to do something, just do it
crime is legal
they wont chase you

>rest is crap, ghetto as fuck
You've never been there, or your standards are high enough to question what the fuck you're doing here.

This site : heyjackass.com/ tracks their shooting stats and provides almost daily updates. It also has a map of where shootings have happened, so use it to compare where you are going to make sure you are not going to be in a nigger combat zone.

Got it.

Too late. Already made plans.

Okay. My senpai is in the suburbs.

So I can go on the metro (apart from the green line) and not have to worry too much?

Just watch out for Chief Keef and the Smurkios, GANNNNGG

Full of niggers and far more spics than I ever imagined. Also theres a dunkin donuts every few feet. Total shithole full of faggots, dont go.

ok tourist. Op you should check out little village, Garfield park, back of the yards, and Calumet.

Carry a gun and stay indoors at night.

As we say in WI… it’s nice to visit and great to leave.

is Mag Mile rebuilt yet or still plywood city? thinking about visiting my dad on the Gold Coast. mostly hang out on Rush.

all niggers shooting niggers in nigger neighborhoods.
>Just don't go out at night because it's maga country.
Makes no sense

Don't go to the Loop (downtown) on weekends. It's lame and there's only homeless. Weekdays its fine because of workers.

Don't go to south side at all. Don't go to west side at all. Don't even go west of the Loop to be honest. Only go north from the loop, or east, and it'll be great.

Only take the Red and Brown line. They are generally safe all the time. Red Line runs 24 hours. Don't take Blue line or anything else, they aren't worth it. Uber or get the Divvy bike, or just walk for everything else.

The neighborhoods north of downtown, you will be safe at all times (at least as safe as any other big city). I have lived there years and only know one person who's been mugged and they made themselves an easy victim.

>Is the underground FEMA camp real?
No.
>How common are shootings?
Depends on how you count. Do you count a shooting as a homicide or a wounding or shots fired incident but no injuries? There were 850 homicides in the city of Chicago in 2021. Which means the an average of 2.3 killed per day.
>Are shootings becoming more common downtown?
Yes.
>How is the metro system? Is it safe? What are the chances of a shootout happening on the metro?
For a major American city, the public transit in Chicago coverage is excellent. It's rarely on time, of course, but you can get most everywhere via public transport. Do not ride it after 10 p.m. and I would suggest you don't ride it after 9 p.m.

If a bony girl with unkempt brown hair and a Jewish nose named Sarah comes up to you at Smartbar and asks to swap numbers stay the fuck away from her

Based Paper Lace…

watapnd

Good info. Thanks.

It is a great, diverse, beautiful city. The Windy City!

>Chicago World News
He wasn't making any money because all retards like you want everything for free and then wonder why all your favorite people can't keep it going.

>So I can go on the metro (apart from the green line) and not have to worry too much?
The "el" it's called. Elevated trains.
You can take the red line as far north as Wrigleyville. You can go a lot farther, but Unless you have a target, there's no need. Brown line the same. Don't take the red line further south than the south loop, unless you're going to a Sox game. Nothing but niggers past that. You won't likely even need the green, pink or orange lines. Or purple. You'll probably ride the red if anything. I've never been attacked on the train.

797 people shot dead in 2021 alone in this fine city… The homicide figures do not include killings that occurred in self-defense or in other circumstances not measured in Chicago police statistics. Homicide data from Illinois State Police, which patrols the city’s expressways, also is not included here.

Avoid niggers and if you see them don't make eye contact. Treat homeless the same way.

>So I can go on the metro
The blue to O'Hare is pretty safe.

>is Mag Mile rebuilt yet or still plywood city? thinking about visiting my dad on the Gold Coast. mostly hang out on Rush.
State Street is worse than the Mile. Seriously. Go Congress up to the Chicago Theatre and you're in for a shock.

Shootings happen everywhere. Is used to be limited to south and west sides but are happening in River North and Lincoln Park now. I’d avoid the trains between the hours of 8pm and 9am

Thanks. I'll check that site daily when I'm over there.

Chicago is one of the better shithole cities to be honest....you can walk from the middle of downtown on the river path, to the pier, and around the city blocks and have some fun walking into stores and stuff. Last time I was there there wasa homeless guy jacking off in the middle of the day right by trump tower, otherwise its pretty clean. Other time I was there me and my buddy were walking through subway tunnels at night, would not recommend doing shit like that kek

kek

It’s a gamble, anyone who’s lived in the city long enough has been in close proximity to gunfire. It’s an odds game, you just hope one of the hundred shots fired doesn’t hit you. At least they aren’t aiming at you, but they often miss the people they’re aiming at. You probably won’t get shot, but I won’t guarantee you won’t be shot.

Attached: B70BC440-E28D-4C57-802C-D58BDF6AC87E.jpg (1920x1280, 230.6K)

State street is a N-S street retard.

Well I'm going to Forest Park so I'll have to take the blue line. It goes through some reportedly bad places too (Garfield Park and Austin I think). That's what I'm most afraid of.

>Don't go to the Loop (downtown) on weekends.
Unless you've never been to a big city, the loop is fucking boring, anyway.

Former Chicago user here. I lived there and worked downtown for a few years but got the fuck out.

Don't go any further south than Chinatown. Niggers will kill you on sight. That might sound crazy, but read about some of the shootings that happen on the south side. A lot of white/asian people get killed there for no reason at all.

The loop/downtown area is very touristy. Basic shit to watch out for there as in any major city (pickpockets, scammers, homeless, crackheads, etc.). Don't stay out down there past 8-9pm. All the businesses close and it gets super eerie.

If you need shit to do at night, northern chicago is pretty nice. Old town, Fulton Market, Wicker Park, Wrigleyville, and some parts of Lakeview are okay. Just mostly middle/upper class white kids/yuppies living there.

In short - Don't go south. Don't go anywhere alone. Don't speak to or look at any niggers.

Attached: 1604890429413.gif (220x220, 893.15K)

She fucks literally anyone she can get her grubby hands on for drugs and is unashamed about it

OP should look at the bright side… They usually only kill about 2 people for every ten that get hit… Thier marksmanship is poor…

is it a nice and relatively affordable place to live?
the architecture is really beautiful

Attached: Tribune_Tower_Crown.jpg (1200x1600, 383.29K)

>The "el" it's called. Elevated trains.
this is not true and this user doesn't know Chicago. It's called the "L" in Chicago. everyone not from Chicago thinks it's the "el" as in for "elevated" trains. It's not. It's the "L".

Last time I was there, four years ago there were homeless fucking everywhere, but it was still pretty cool. That was before Lori took over tho, I've hear it's gotten worse and things got pretty bad there in the 2020 race riots.

I've been to Baltimore and Philly before in the early 2010s and didn't have any problems in either. That's what I'm comparing Chicago to.

I've also been to plenty of bad areas in Brooklyn and Oakland, but those places are gentrifying to hell now.

They give CTA cards to mental health patients. Lots of people publicly masterbating, shitting, and sometimes screaming and charging at you. Don’t make eye contact. Don’t get in the car that has nobody in it, or just one mental patient in it. You can cross doors to other cars, never relax.

Go for the food. Stay because you got murdered.

>Do not ride it after 10 p.m. and I would suggest you don't ride it after 9 p.m.
I used to ride the red line at 2am all the time.

>diverse
it's a fucking freak show, but there are some hot women.

Don’t forget the wonderful contributions of Cook County’s Kim Foxx in making the city great…

Stay out of south Chicago

Are you trying to get him killed?

Post something cool you faggot

Thank you.

>is it a nice and relatively affordable place to live?
Yes, it's the best city in America and it's really not even close. Despite everything you've heard about the violence and the politics and the taxes which, trust me, it sucks. Still, it's not even close.
>the architecture is really beautiful
Yes, there isn't a lot of elevation to the geography so we had to get creative with our buildings. Unfortunately the Trib's Crown is a product from back when architecture was made by men.

They call it Chiraq for a reason, and the mayor is a villain straight out of gotham

>Carry a gun
Retard idea. If you get stopped by a cop you will find yourself in more trouble and fines than you would ever want to be in. I pretty much always carry. NY, Chicago, and DC are 3 places you are better off moving quickly and only when necessary and avoid law enforcement. Crime rates are so bad that they will have a hay day with arresting a white. Helps with the statistics and they also have someone they can find that will pay.

Shits changed, there aren’t police hanging out in the stations late at night like there used to be. Cops just hide riding out their days until they can draw pension.

Ok, smart guy, why is it called the "L"? What does "L" stand for?
You're wrong, by the way. I just want to hear the explanation.

Don't go further south than Chinatown/20th, stick to the loop and northside/wriglyville area and you'll be smooth

>Just don't go out at night because it's maga country.
>Makes no sense
I hope you know that was a joke?

can confirm, two times i been around it, one time i think they were coming after me cuz i was a witness
shhhhhhhhhh
jus uh be careful

No plans to go there. It's not like I want to take a tour of Parkway Gardens or whatever.

More on this: I’ve been to almost 80 countries, and CTA is the only metro system I’ve ever used in which a “single ticket” quite literally means you ride only one line. If you want to change lines with a single ticket, you throw it away and get another. It’s fucking bullshit. Buy day tickets if you can

Niggers are everywhere in the summer. Go over by the lake and walk along the trail. It's great. Go to Au Cheval for the best burger you will ever have. Go listen to jazz at the Green Mill.

Chicago is an awesome city and anyone who says otherwise has never been there.

>I used to ride the red line at 2am all the time.
Yeah, me too back when I was in my early/mid 20's and fit and jacked and this was before the police stopped working in protest over how they're being treated and back when police were allowed to be police and crack crackheads without a million cameras trying to get a payout.

niggers killing niggers in nigger neighborhoods.
> the city’s expressways
This is sometimes a problem. Have a full tank and be ready to evade road-raged niggers.

Kek. Fuck niggers

guess I know what I'm doing this weekend

>Post something cool you faggot
what do you want to know dipshit?

retard they stay good for over an hourish i think to allow for tranfers, ive done it
but idk that mighta been the old system

I wouldn't go but you seem committed. Just bring your gf and give her up when you get robbed so you can escape to your nigger loving family

Thanks. Yeah I have no reason to go to the south side.

Depends where you go. Don't go south.

/thread

I do actually feel bad going overboard all the time but

1. You are not my relatives at all
2. You should be WAY more concerned about your actual kids disliking you
3. People like these would have never even shown basic respect for you regardless
4. Hot women acting horny in front of sexless geeks like Kevin just turns me on A FUCKING LOT. He could never even dream about the women I insult every day

whos kevin?

I work and travel all around the chicago area for a construction company.
> Never had an issues regardless of our jobsite
> You seem invisible if you show up in neon colored construction clothes in a big ass work truck
most of this is during daylight 7am-5pm at the latest

Attached: 1639835694483.jpg (750x553, 68.45K)

I need to take the blue L train to Forest Park. Is it safe when it goes through Garfield Park and Austin?

Get your affairs in order.

desu I've been everywhere in Chicago at all hours of day and night and never had anyone mess with me. Used to ride the El after midnight all the time. I lived with DJs and it was the most degenerate time of my life. Englewood, Garfield Park, Austin, Rogers Park, Back of the Yards, Pullman. I mean everywhere. There isn't a neighborhood in Cook County I haven't seen for myself. YMMV tho.

When did you go last? I was there this last October